The Vampire Diaries

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Vampire Diaries

A forum set up for discussion on the hit CW show The Vampire Diaries.

2 posters

Guarded: A Roleplay

PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Guarded: A Roleplay - Page 7 Empty Re: Guarded: A Roleplay

Post  PuppyWithATutu Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:30 am

I pout. "Please," I beg him, imploring him to understand with my eyes. "I know you're unbelievably pissed, I get it, but just let me have this and then I'll be a prisoner again."

I toss my head back, my hair falling over my shoulders, and close my eyes, letting the flickering lights flash and the music lead me in my dance. I slow the movement of my hips and take him by the hand. "Please, Heath. Let go. Just for an hour. For me."
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:35 am

Heath looks at her, "I'll need a drink first...", she smiles and he gets a beer at the bar. They party all night, drinking and dancing. She does have the moves, his eyes did some wandering and he even had to punch a guy, who was trying to touch her ass.

He stays sober, having to watch her and can't get drunk. He let's her go nuts and they get back to the house, she passed out in his car and he brings her to her bed room. He watches her sleep, pissed and betrayed.

This was just a job, protect this rich bitch but he thought, maybe they were becoming friends at least. He wouldn't want anything to happen to her, deciding he wants off the case.

He is getting too personal, he knows that messes with your judgement. He would call her Uncle next day and be honest, he could threaten all he wants. Maybe offer him some other detectives, who are just as good and they can watch her. Anything he could think of.

--------------------------------------------------

Early next morning, he's in an office room. On his phone, asking to speak to her Uncle.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:44 am

I wake up, my head pounding. That's all I need to know that last night wasn't just a good dream. I danced with Heath. He let go. Sort of.

But I know that today I'll have to face his wrath. He feels betrayed, and maybe he has every right, but I wanted one night to forget just why I was hiding in the first place. I wanted to dance, to drink, to socialize and flirt and live. No doubt Heath doesn't see it that way. He's black and white. He's a cop right down to his bones.

Sluggishly, I make my way to the kitchen, but stop midway when I hear his voice drifting down the hall. The office door is shut. I inch closer towards it.

"That's why I called, Senator."

Oh, shit. No! He's backing out, I know he is. Or, at the very least, he's blabbing. My uncle will send reinforcements. Old, ugly guys who talk even less than Heath. He'll fire Heath. I'm pretty sure that's what Heath wants. But what about the blackmail?

Without thinking, I burst through the door. Heath shoots me a warning look and hefts his phone higher against his ear. "Sir, she-"

I bound across the room and yank the phone out of his hand. I end the call and turn to him with a glare. "What are you doing?"
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:51 pm

He looks at her, "This..., it's a waste of my time. I am a babysitter...."

He paces a bit, "The things I have done....and this is my reward, you probably don't understand what a huge accomplishment is. Don't say you do, I watched you for a whole week and all I saw you do was party, act the way you always do...."

"Yet, I care about you...as a friend, this can't be allowed. I am letting my guard down around you, because of it. I'm not doing my job, the job I hate fucking doing." He says,snapping.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:57 pm

Any other time, I'd be delighted to hear the words "I care about you" leaving Heath's lips, but he makes it seem like a curse. I flinch. "Well, gee, don't sugarcoat it," I murmur, hands on my hips. "You hate me so damn much, then fine. There's the door. But I'll have you know I keep my word. I promised you last night I'd go back to being your little prisoner. I just wanted one fun night out. And did anything happen? Nobody died. Chill the fuck out, Detective."
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:58 pm

Heath looks at her, "Prisoner? Dramatic much...do you want to get killed?"
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:02 pm

My anger is brimming and ready to spill over. The splayed hands on my hips turn into fists. "You know, sometimes I think that wouldn't be so bad!"

I motion all around us, to the shelves filled with books, to the mahogany desk, to the hallway outside and all our lavish surroundings. "I was good. Okay? I tried. And, yeah, I get it. I betrayed your trust. That was a shit thing to do, and I feel sorry. But Jesus, Heath, half the time you look at me like I'm the killer. Like I'm so horrible. And you're such a grump. Sue me if I wanted to show you a good time!"
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:05 pm

Heath looks at her, "Yeah, it was blast trying to find my car....trying on those stupid clothes for you, just so you could get my car keys. You have no idea, the lengths everyone is going to...to keep you safe, these guys after you are not messing around."

"You're just a child, last night you proved it..." He says.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:17 pm

My fury is slowly dissipating and turning into an ache. I'm hurt by his words. There's truth in what he's saying, and I can't deny it. Maybe I'm not as serious as I should be. But I don't like to feel. I don't want to care. I want to enjoy the mindless dancing and endless drinks. I revel in the numbness. I need it.

"Fine," I grimace. "Call my uncle. Get someone else. Hate me, I don't care. But I had my night of fun, and I'm done. At least I let myself live a little."
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:20 pm

Heath looks at her, "Knowing your Uncle, the answer would be no..anyways. Just do whatever you want, how about that?" He walks off and into the kitchen, looks in the fridge for something to eat.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:40 pm

Two days have passed. I've gotten past my angry stage by now, and once the childish need to stick my tongue out and huff my way around him as if it's all his fault has subsided, I'm feeling more than a little guilt.

I pride myself on being anything if not honest, and I led him to the mall with the sole intention of robbing him of his keys and going on a joy ride to a club. He had to have been worried sick; if not for me, then for his job. Whatever leverage my uncle has over this bad-ass detective must be something huge. He's not one to bend easily. Forgiveness, it seems, comes the hardest to Heath.

Yesterday morning, I whipped up his favorite chocolate chip waffles, fancied up a smiley face with a smile of whipped cream, two blueberry eyes and a side of bacon for hair, and he hadn't said a word. He ate, drained his glass of the orange juice I'd freshly squeezed myself, and left the room without so much as a nod in my direction.

Normal Me would call that being ungrateful, were it not for the more rational part of myself that knew the fault was mine. I lied to him. I put myself in danger, whether anything became of the risk or not. I'm constantly making him uncomfortable, and though I know he's unhappy with me, I know I'm not the one who's making him so sad. I know the cause.

Last night, while he was taking a nap on the entertainment room couch, I snuck out with his cell phone and scrolled through the contacts. It didn't take me long to find what I was looking for.

This morning, I've kicked breakfast up a notch. There are no smiley face pancakes, but they're omelets loaded with ham and cheese and all things men love to eat. I'm a sucker for Heath's rare smiles, and I'll do just about anything at this point to be blessed with a glimpse of one today.

Just as I'm cracking another egg into the pan for myself, the doorbell chimes. Heath pipes up, instantly on alert. I offer him a smile. "Take this as an apology, maybe?" I suggest and nod my chin towards the front door.
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:48 pm

Heath glances at her oddly and looks back to the door. He gets up and has his hand resting on his gun, which was tucked away at his side.

Looking out the peek hole first and then suddenly just opens the door, "Shannon..."Guarded: A Roleplay - Page 7 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSd057UWB3jBjt0Cahq7OqTcnNGORWo4Kj4KOIthQDED_MSNuG2 She smiles and steps up to him, kissing him.

"How..,how did you find me?" He looks at her. She looks back,"The girl you're protecting texted me..."

Heath grabs the suitcases she had on the doorstep and carries them inside for her. "This is...,not that I am not happy to see you." He starts to say, she stops him and goes up close.

"Then don't say a word about it, I missed you and I know you missed me too. Just be happy I am here..."She says, rubbing his arm. He looks at her, "I'll try..."

"It's all I ask, and mm...what smells so good?" She asks, walking into the kitchen and sees the omelette's. She spots who must be Paige, "Paige, I take it...?" She extends her hand.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:53 pm

Well, damn. Of course Heath's woman is gorgeous. My hair is still in disarray from sleeping in it all night. When a man stops talking to you for two days, you tend to stop caring so much about looking good.

I return the handshake and force a smile. "That's me. Pleasure, Shannon." Lifting the spatula in my hand, I wave it in Heath's direction. "Just trying to worm my way out of the dog house with this one. I hope he's not always this tense."

I reach for the bag of shredded cheese on the counter beside me and hitch an eyebrow at Heath's girl. "Omelet?"
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:59 pm

Shannon smirks in Heath's direction, "He's a tough one, I'll give you that and please, an Omelette sounds great. Running on 3 hours sleep..."

Heath walks off and is back quick, "Why 3 hours of sleep...?" He sets a coffee in front of her. She sits at the breakfast bar area, "The case I was working on, it's been...tough, needed a break."

She smiles at him, he looks back "I would have understood...it's dangerous for you to be here."

"It will be a couple of days, you also neglected to mention how cute Paige is." She says, smiling at the young girl. Heath laughs,"Cute is not the word I would use..." as he looks at her as well.

"I am going to get washed up...,where is?" She starts to ask, Heath points it out to her. He looks back at Paige, standing next to her, "Okay, you're forgiven. You hate when someone is mad at you, don't you?"

He drinks some coffee.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:05 pm

I knew it would work! I find myself grinning. "Honestly? Not usually. But I guess since you have no choice but to be here and put up with me, yeah. I've got a mild case of guilt for putting you through what I did."

I wedge the spatula underneath Shannon's omelet and slide it off onto a fresh plate. I wink in the direction she'd gone. "You've been holding out on me, Detective," I drawl. "You roped in a hottie."
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:46 pm

Heath nods, "I just hope...no one followed her but I don't think they know who I am, so she's probably okay."

"Yes, I am okay. I would have noticed if someone was following me, give me some credit." She sits back down and digs in, "Wow, this is delicious."

Heath looks at her, "So, what do you want to do?" She leans back, "What is she allowed to do?"

Heath rolls his eyes, "Staying alive...mostly, I guess we can go out to dinner. All three of us." He narrows his eyes at Paige, looks back to Shannon, "But she can't be out of my sight."

"I understand baby, I did see a pool out back...let's try it out." She says, winking slightly at him and she walks off to go get her bikini on. Heath stares off after her, it's been quite a while since he's had sex.

He looks back at Paige, who could see his look. "Maybe...don't come swimming?"
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:18 pm

Knowing the look in Heath's eyes and recognizing it for what it is, I sigh to myself. It's not as if I hadn't anticipated it, but man. He acts so differently around Shannon. It's obvious he cares about her. And, regardless whether this affects me or not, I want back in his good graces. He deserves this.

"So long as you and her are the only swimmers in the pool," I warn him with a wink. "We do have beds, you know."
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:25 pm

Heath looks at her, "That is a little too..much information."

"Ready..?" Shannon says, coming into view and he looks at her. Words escaping him and follows her out, muttering he doesn't need a swim suit and they giggle. They spend some time outside and make out in the pool.

Finally, they head back in and get changed in his room, they come back down and try to act casual.

Paige is on the couch, Shannon takes a seat "So,where for dinner?"
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:30 pm

I lift myself off of the couch and tuck my legs under me. "Well, you're the guest. Your man doesn't seem to like Italian. You choose."
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:34 pm

Heath looks at the ladies, who are both laughing at him. "It's a good thing I am not easily insulted...,you girls pick."

He sits down and puts on the xbox, he nudges Paige till she's basically pushed to the side and he sits down. Shannon sees this.

It's natural, for he does this all the time to Paige. He plays some of his game, while Paige looks up restaurants near by.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:41 pm

I peruse the restaurant selections that my uncle keeps in the kitchen drawer. It's probably outdated. I wonder how many are still around.

I tap my finger on the page. "Chinese is always good. Or, there's a barbecue place. Know what never disappoints? Japanese. Or we can try Indian."

Heath pounds away on the buttons of his controller, and I can't miss the way the muscles in his biceps tense and ripple with every movement. I swallow and look away. When I return my gaze to Shannon, she's looking at me. Fuckballs.

"You decide," I suggest, handing her the paper. "I'll go get ready."
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:48 pm

When she's gone, Shannon moves next to Heath and looks at him, "She likes you." Heath pauses his game and looks at his woman, "She's a brat..."

"Oh come on, she's not that bad." Shannon says, taking the controller. "Babe..what are you," before he finishes, she turns it off. He looks at her, "I didn't save it!...." Shannon shrugs and stands up.

Heath is like, women! She doesn't understand the hours he put into that level and now it wasn't saved. He will have to replay it. Paige comes back down and he gets up, heading to the door and they get in his car.

The girls both decide on Japanese, Heath is happy with a burger. They get seated, both women looking beautiful. Paige sits across from him, he scans the menu to see what looks appealing to him.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:56 pm

I scan my menu, careful to keep my longing gazes to myself. I set it back down. "You can get that shrimp thing," I offer Heath out of memory from the last time we'd ordered food from this restaurant. He hadn't seemed to find anything else appetizing. "Then I can order the teriyaki with noodles and give you the mushrooms."

Heath seems to consider this, making some "mmm" sound at the back of his throat. I take a sip of my water and grin at Shannon. "I don't know how he eats those things. Anything gushy and fungus, and it's a no-go for me."

Shannon smiles back because she's polite, but I have a feeling I'm making things awkward. It's obvious they want the evening to themselves. I clear my throat and settle back in my chair. "So, how'd you two meet?"
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:50 pm

Heath sets down the menu, "This place..should at least have steak or something for people who don't eat sushi."

Shannon looks at him,"Try it..." He looks back, "I have tried it, Paige got me drunk on Saki and I tried it, still disgusting."

Shannon smiles again to Paige,"You too seem to be getting along...,and to answer your question, we met while I was working on a case for a criminal that Heath arrested. I'm a lawyer."

Heath nods, remembering.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:20 am

A lawyer? No pressure or anything. Not that I have a chance, anyway. I smile. "That's awesome." I meet Paige's eyes. "Be lucky you don't work in fashion. Male models are the worst to date and you're surrounded by them."

I go quiet, figuring I've said too much. I don't want to talk about him at all. I go back to sipping my water.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 1:05 pm