The Vampire Diaries

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Vampire Diaries

A forum set up for discussion on the hit CW show The Vampire Diaries.

2 posters

Escape to London: A Roleplay

PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Escape to London: A Roleplay Empty Escape to London: A Roleplay

Post  PuppyWithATutu Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:59 pm

Alyssa Giordano

Escape to London: A Roleplay 376?cb=20150220100512

The pain was worse than usual that day. Her head felt foggy; she saw flashes – a quilt lying rumpled across the edge of the bed, one shiny nude stiletto kicked across the creamy white carpeting. The victim focused on the quilt for an unusually long amount of time and wiggled the toes of her bare foot. They were cold.
        A man stood above her. She couldn’t make out much but the black jacket and baggy jeans. There was no distinctive logo, nothing to give even a hint as to who he was or where the victim was located. Her wrists hurt more by the second. The throbbing intensified – there was so much blood. The victim was drugged, and Alyssa wished like anything for some sort of gift. For someone to speak, for a name to be said, for anything. She leaned back against the bathroom wall at Juilliard and clasped her hands together, resting her head between her knees.
        “No one ever tell you not to take drinks from a stranger?”
        His voice was raspy and low. It wasn’t much, but it was something. Hurry up, you’re dying. Give me something.
        “Mark?” Her voice was weak.
        A name. Finally, a name. Show me his face. Please.
        “Got a present for you, honey.” His voice was so disturbing. He spoke as if he had never been happier than he was in this instant. “We all know how much you love your own pretty face.”
        Something shimmered in the dark room. A bedside lamp was switched on. The victim was mere moments away from death, and Alyssa was running out of time.
        The sound of footsteps drew nearer until he was but a foot away. His hand, large and impossibly strong, gripped her bicep. “No one would even suspect that the hottest bitch at Juilliard would be so sad as to slit her dainty little wrists.”
        Here? She went here? Alyssa froze.
        “Open your eyes, Bianca.”
        No, no, no. Deaths were never this close. Not on campus. Not in this poor girl’s dorm.
        Suddenly, the man held up a mirror. Alyssa let out a shriek.
        Bianca Taylor, her hair blonde and eyes blue and skin as fair as porcelain, stared back. Alyssa watched as the light drained from her classmate’s eyes.

TWO WEEKS LATER

“Any news?” Alyssa sat with the bath towel wrapped around her body, her cell phone in hand. Her mother was on the other end, worried sick and rightly so. Alyssa knew she’d spilled too many details for the police to give up that easily. All thanks to her and her moment of crazed insanity.
        “The FBI has been hounding me. They’re sure I’m lying to protect you.”
        Alyssa sighed. “Mom, I’m sorry. I should’ve listened.”
        “Honey, I can’t blame you one bit. I can’t imagine what it takes to get through the day with all of that on your shoulders. No wonder you did what you did.”
        “Did you try explaining?” She chewed on her lip. “You know, about my…”
        “Abilities?” her mother finished for her. “Yes. But, sweetie, I’m not going to lie. I know the truth but it sounds crazy when you say it out loud. You’re a suspect until they decide to look into your claims. You knew stuff only they should know.” Her mother snorted. “Hell, they have half a mind to throw me in the loony bin for believing in all this.”
        Alyssa lay back on the bed and stared up at the ceiling. “I miss you, Mom.”
        “I miss you too, sweetie. Listen, call me back tonight. This burner is about to die. Oh, and take care.”
        “You too.”

It was raining again in London. Alyssa stared through the windows of the coffee shop, the tables barren. It was a slow day and she missed New York. She had done so well to get into Juilliard only to ditch it all by escaping to the UK. She had gone from dreams of musical careers to working as a barista, scrubbing sugary coffee stains off of the bar. She would never tell another soul about that fucking curse.
        She started out humming as she cleaned, and then it turned into full-blown singing. Between living in a flat with thin walls and a roommate and this shitty job, there was barely any time to let go. She burst into a rendition of “Valerie” by Amy Winehouse only to stop at the sound of a feminine voice squealing from behind her.
        She spun quickly, embarrassed, and found a girl with large brown eyes, perfect brunette waves, and a smile that could light up a room plastered on her face.
        “You!” the girl said, nodding as if answering a question that had never been spoken aloud. “You’ll definitely do.”
    Canadianmummy

Escape to London: A Roleplay Empty Re: Escape to London: A Roleplay

Post  Canadianmummy Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:11 pm

http://s3.hostingkartinok.com/uploads/images/2014/02/df2d145f4fe4c3ae88bdf7ee0e30eba5.jpg

The sound of a giggle woke Liam from his sleep, he turns over and opens his eyes to see his girlfriend, Kate. She was on her phone and talking up a storm, he finally clears his throat.

She looks down at him, "What? Don't be rude, Liam...." She gets up and walks off into the washroom. He rolls his eyes, moments later she returns and jumps on the bed. She pats his butt over the sheet.

He looks at her, "Do I get a good morning this time?" She smiles at him, "Sorry baby, you know I was taking to Julie and the girl is so softly spoken...honestly, I don't know how she survived in China..."

"She's from Korea..." Liam points out, Kate shrugs and looks at him,"Let's go to breakfast..?"

"There is cereal in the kitchen...." He says, she looks at him and moves her hand to his chest. "I wanted to get a latte at Starbucks, I'm absolutely craving one....come on, don't be boring..."

"Boring?..oh yeah?" He pulls her to him and she laughs, as he tickles her and then kisses her passionately. She kisses him back, she pushes him down and gets on top of him and kisses him again.  

An hour later, Kate is getting up and showering. Liam soon gets cleaned up himself, he walks out dressed to get his shoes on, waiting for his girl. His roommate, slash lead singer in his band Kaleb comes out of his own room, "where you off too, mate?"

"Starbucks...., don't say a fucking thing" Liam warns him, jokingly. Kaleb just shakes his head, as Kate shows up and wearing jeans that hug her hips and cute v neck t shirt that showed off her chest. She had hardly any make up on, his buddies have to try really hard to look away.

"morning, Kaleb..,cute girl last night. We ran into each other getting water." Kate says,  smiling to Kaleb, who smirks"yeah, she's a good girl...you two love birds have fun."

-----------------------------------

Liam was signing some paperwork in his office, the record store was going through hard times. No one buys CDs anymore, but he hosts concerts for indie bands. Also sells their music. His own dreams of making it in music always in the back of his mind.

Suddenly, his thoughts are interrupted when his sister Davina comes in and clasps her hands on his shoulders. "Shit...., Davina...I told you not to do that."

Davina flashes her puppy dog eyes and then smiles, "I have someone I want you to meet....she needs a job, a better one. She loves music, you know I can't work here all the time....I'm going off to college."

"You don't have to sell me her..., I  just don't know if I can take anyone on." He says, looking over some stuff. "Let me see her..." He follows his sister out of the office back area and comes around to see Alyssa. The store was not yet opened and it was pretty big.  It had your rows and rows of CDs, DVDs but what set it apart was a big back area that Is used for live performances.

Liam, however, looks at Alyssa and offers his hand to be polite "Liam...., Davina kind of sprung this on me...."
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:28 pm

Alyssa

Alyssa hadn't been given much time to think over Davina's proposal; the girl had been absolutely ecstatic. "You'll love my brother," she had said giddily, sipping from the latte Alyssa had made her. "He's a musician too. He needs someone more musically inclined. I'm going to study business. I just didn't get those creative genes, you know?"
    So here she stood, in front of a man who looked like he modeled for a living. His eyes were intense but kind, and for some reason, she couldn't quite look away from his brown gaze. She wasn't looking for romance or a relationship of any kind, but she could damned well use a better job. If she couldn't follow her dream, she could at least stay within the scene. A record store would be a nice change.
    She took his hand in hers and returned the handshake. "Alyssa Giordano," she replied, stepping closer. She offered an apologetic smile. "I'm sorry, I hope I'm not putting you out." She glanced between brother and sister, uneasy. She knew when things were awkward. And god, he was handsome.

Last edited by PuppyWithATutu on Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:39 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:33 pm

Liam glances to his sister and then back, "Why don't you come on on back, we can have a more formal interview..." He couldn't help but focus on her eyes. He looks at his sister again, "Davina, open up..."

"Follow me..." Smiles kindly to Alyssa and leads her to his office which is a mess. "Forgive the mess, let me move that..." He lifts a bunch of papers off a chair for her. He sits across from her at his desk, which has more papers scattered and a laptop.

He looks at Alyssaa," So, can't ignore the fact you're American....where abouts are you from?" He leans back in his chair.

Last edited by Canadianmummy on Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:36 pm

Characters:

Liam
    Escape to London: A Roleplay Image

Davina
    Escape to London: A Roleplay Danielle-campbell-the-originals

Kate
    Escape to London: A Roleplay 11426627_10153425787682094_892959026_n

Kaleb
    Escape to London: A Roleplay Steven_strait-2708

Last edited by PuppyWithATutu on Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:42 am; edited 1 time in total
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:48 pm

"New York," she replied, settling into the chair and crossing one leg over the other. She knew she should provide more information than that, but she didn't want to give away too much. She just wanted to show him that she knew music and she knew it well. "I attended Juilliard," she added. She wasn't sure that was the brightest thing to say, given that she had run from it mere weeks before graduation. Surely, he would want to know why she would leave such an opportunity behind. Best to move on. "I've been around music all my life, actually. I can help a customer with just about anything, and I know how the music business works." She paused. "To be honest, I don't quite know everything about this place yet, but whatever it is, I can do you proud."
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:41 pm

He looks at her, his eyes focused and could tell she was nervous "Am I making you nervous?" She just looks even more embarrassed.

"That is very impressive, of course I hear mostly things about Julliard in movies but I get it's a great school. Look, I need someone who knows music and has experience with helping run live shows. We do them every weekend here. Davina, is right and keeps hounding me to hire someone else..."

"The job itself would consist of doing cash, stocking cds and DVDs. When it comes to the concerts, you will collect tickets. Promotion....is a really big thing, obviously need people to show up."

"It doesn't pay a lot and the hours will be long when we have a show but, if you love music, live it...breathe it..., you will have an amazing experience here." He looks at her.

"You seem like a nice girl and I feel like I'm talking a lot, which I don't normally do but I want to make sure....why I should hire you?" He looks at her, keeps his focus again.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:33 am

Alyssa had to stop acting like a deer in the headlights. Living in anticipation of the next attack would do that to a person, but she needed this job. She knew she would be a good asset.

"I'm a hard worker," she replied, putting confidence into her voice. "I'm reliable and I'm on time and I put my best foot forward." She tried for a smile but didn't overdo it, hoping to lighten the mood. She didn't want him thinking he was the reason she was so... skittish. "If you hire me, I can guarantee you'll be glad you did."
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:45 am

He sits back and keeps his focus on her, watching her start to fidget and can't help but smirk. He stands up, "How about I give you trial run..., two full days of training and Saturday we have a show, it's a very popular band...., well one who is well known around here. I will see how you do and go from there"

He offers his hand again and they shake, "You can breathe now..., you think that was the hard part. Come on, I'll give you the tour.." He walks out of his office and shows her around and starts to talk more about the store.

"My uncle opened this store in the 70s, he was a struggling jazz musician and was tired of not getting a lot of gigs, so he bought this store and made a concert venue in the back...which we are in right now." They walked into the space, which was quite big and a stage.

"We are one of the only music stores who have something like this and a lot of bands have played here. We help sell their music, whatever we can. Of course, we still have to make sales..." They walk back into the store part and to the desk where the cash register is.

"Davina, not sure where she is at the moment...." He starts to say and just then she walks in. He glares at her,"you just left..,to go and get a coffee?" He points out the Starbucks in her hand. She nods,"yeah...we are dead in case you didn't notice."

He looks at her mad and then looks like he has to take a breathe. To calm down. He looks back at Alyssa, "I don't like coffees and other crap on this counter...my sister keeps breaking that rule. She can train you on the register and I can help if you need it..."

Davina laughs, "you never do the register..." He looks at her,"Yeah, because I have you...I am busy doing everything else."

She smiles and goes behind with her coffee, he again just eyes her and looks at Alyssa, " Any questions?"
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:56 am

She thought for a moment, and other than the nagging question in her head asking how she got to be so lucky with this job, she couldn't conjure up anything for Liam. She shook her head. "No. Thank you."

She made her way behind the counter and stood at Davina's side, her eyes zeroing in on the Starbucks cup the girl had left on the wooden top. She glanced at Liam, his dark gaze still glued to hers, and palmed the cup, placing it inside the hidden shelf beneath the counter.
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:02 am

Liam eyes her do that and can't help but nod to show his appreciation. He walks off to continue what he was doineg before in his office.

Davina is watching Alyssa, annoyed at her but watches how the girls eyes are still on her brother. She laughs, "He's got a girlfriend, so, I'd keep your focus on learning the register."

She goes over the training while customers come in during the day, " Some people still buy CDs, like grandmas wanting to impress their grandson and get the latest Drake cd."

During the day, customers do happen to come and a lot of them grab DVDs. Davina has a cd of the band performing on Saturday at the counter and it's for sale.

No one grabs it or looks at it. Davina looks at Alyssa finally, to take over the next customer and ring her out.

She steps to the side and watches her.

Liam, meanwhile, has been in and out of the shop. He's coming back in just now and is holding a box of stuff. He goes behind the counter while Alyssa deals with the customer.

Last edited by Canadianmummy on Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:24 am

Alyssa had been doing so well until Liam stepped up beside her. Now all she felt was his presence. That, and anxiety. A woman stood across from her holding an Imagine Dragons CD. "Great band," Alyssa said, reaching for the case to ring it up. "Have you heard of Halsey?" The new CDs for the upcoming show had yet to be sold; Davina had been playing the album through the store's speakers, and they were surprisingly good. She'd set aside one for herself to purchase.
    The customer shook her head. Alyssa took it as her time to shine. She could feel Liam's eyes on their exchange. "She's phenomenal. Great beats, really unique. She's toured with Imagine Dragons and kind of has that same vibe."
    The woman's brow lifted. "Really? I love anything intense."
    Alyssa nodded. "I think you'd like her. She's a mix of X Ambassadors and Ryn Weaver. I think she's gonna be big."
    Her eyes landed just where Alyssa had wanted them to - on the stack of Halsey's CDs. She plucked up a copy and passed it across the counter. "I'll check her out."
    Score. "If you like it, come see her perform here on Saturday. It's gonna be a great show." She finished ringing up the items, and after a small comment on the weather and a 'have a nice day', her first customer left feeling satisfied. She couldn't help but grin.
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:34 am

Liam was just placing chocoates for sale, from the box he got. "Yes, we even have to resort to selling chocolate..."

Feeling Alyssa watching him and wondering. He stops finally and looks at her, " You did good just now, of course you already know that..., lucky for you, I like someone who is cocky when they know their stuff. Keep it up.."

He says, that last part as he walks away.

---------------

Saturday came a lot quicker than Liam wanted. He got up around 8am and showered. He was the only one awake in the house as he ate some toast and has his tea. He makes up another tea in a traveler mug and off he goes to get the bus into London.

He arrives, opening up the store and heading in. The store didn't open for another hour and he had the show later on that night. Lots to do and get ready for. He gets right to work, asking Alyssa to show up at 10.

He goes to the concert venue area, sweeping the stage and making it look nice. In the corner is his guitar, leaning against a wall next to the stage. He usually keeps it there, feeling inspired he grabs it and grabs a stool, he starts to play and sing softly a song he wrote.

He hears a clap when he's done, looks round and sees Alyssa. He stands up,"You're a bit early..." By 15 minutes.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:55 am

Alyssa stepped forward and smiled. "I'm always early." She nodded toward the guitar. "You're really good. Are you in a band or solo?"
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:18 am

Liam looked at her, "in a band....like countless others." He puts his guitar away in a closet that can lock. He comes back over to Alyssa, they walk to behind the counter and he hands her a tank shirt. It's black and says the named the store, also the band performing tonight on the back.

"Change into that..." He goes and opens the store, turning the front lights on and comes back to the counter. His travel mug with his tea is there but it's cold now, "I'm going to go across the road for tea, you want anything? I'm assuming coffee?"

Because she's American.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:22 am

She let the tank shirt dangle from her fist and shook her head. "No, thanks. I brought some water." Before he could turn to leave, she spoke up again. "Do you ever play here with your band?"
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:32 am

Liam looks at her,"Some times...., anyways I'll be right back." He goes off to across the road, like he said.

Sure enough, he's back soon and drinking his new tea.

The day goes on, Davina pops in and helps. Soon, it's around 7:30 and a line is outside the store. The band has arrived. Their is a separate entrance for the concert, so you don't have to walk through the store.

The band is behind stage, Liam comes over to them and talks to them. Asking if they need anything, one of the guys in the band look over at Alyssa.

"I approve of your new choice in staff...." He adds with a grin, Liam looks over to Alyssa and then to the guy speaking. "She is my employee and I want her respected...first of all."

The guy holds up his hands, "It's cool dude..."

Liam nods "If their is nothing else to add....., I'll see you after."

----------

Liam goes over to Alyssa who is waiting win Davina, to collect tickets. "Alright, ready?" They both bid to him, he goes over and opens the door. Bouncers outside are checking for anything dangerous coming in.

Liam would love to put a bar in some day, but has no money for that.

The customers come in and soon the concert starts. Liam stands next to Alyssa and his sister. He glances to Alyssa, watching her truly enjoy it. He finds himself looking a little to long at her and looks away, he walks off to go do something else.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:03 am

He has a girlfriend. He has a girlfriend. Alyssa wasn't trying to look at Liam every five minutes, but she couldn't help it. She didn't want, nor need, a relationship, but she couldn't deny that he was the most good-looking man she'd ever met in her life. They had played a silent sort of game all night; she would find him looking and he'd glance away. Moments later, she'd do the same. She wanted to chalk it up to wanting to impress her new boss and decipher from his expressions whether she was doing well, but that was shit. He was gorgeous and that was that.
    It was nearing 2am when the after party started and the employees and fans gathered with the band at a local pub down the street. Alyssa had beer on her mind and was sifting through ideas to help Liam's business. Clearly he needed more money coming in, not to mention a bar. Surely she could think of something.
    She sat nursing a pint of Harp when she saw Liam sitting alone. Against all rational thinking, she decided to come and slide into the stool next to him. "I think we had a good turnout," she volunteered, trying to gauge how many customers he usually had on live nights. "We sold all but two of the Halsey CDs."
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:30 am

Liam looks to her sitting next to him, "Yeah..., definitely keeping you on the payroll. " he adds, with a smirk. He was sitting alone to get some piece of mind.

It was such a crazy night, he kept silent and not sure what more to say. Suddenly, he felt someone come up behind him and kissed his cheek. It was Kate.

"Hey..." He says, kissing her and she smiles back at him. "Sorry, I know I didn't make it to the show. Went to get my nails done a little too late and then went home. Fell asleep but here I am now, for the fun part."

Bartender comes over to her and she orders her drink, Liam just looks at her with no comment and finally says, "This is Alyssa...., Alyssa my girlfriend Kate."

Kate looks at Alyssa, of course thinks she knows she was hired. She gives Liam a look of you're dead and he looks confused back. She looks at Alyssa again, "Hi..., how are you doing?"
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:37 am

Alyssa saw the look Kate had given Liam. This had been a bad idea. She offered her hand to Kate and forced a smile. "I'm doing fine, how are you?"
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:40 am

Kate smiles back," Great thanks...and oh, American?"

Liam adds in, "Shes from New York...." Kate suddenly has a change of heart and sits next to Alyssa, "Really? I have always wanted to go there...huge sex and the city fan. Oh my god. Why would you leave there, for crappy England?"

PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:55 am

Both sets of eyes turned to Alyssa. She didn't want to lie, but she wasn't about to spill everything, either. "I've always wanted to live in the UK," she replied. "I'm rooming with a friend of mine from the States. He moved to London last year."
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:59 am

Liam was in his office, it was coming up to the end of the month meaning a lot of bills were due soon. He looked at everything, the concerts did really well to pay his staff, keep the lights on and some for himself to live.

He sits forward, hands in his hair and feels defeated. He hears a knock on the door, looks to see Alyssa.

He closes up his folder and looks to her, "What's up?"
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:12 am

In her hands she held a large box. She shifted her weight, the metals and beads shifting noisily from inside, and brought it toward his desk. "I know this isn't my place, but I had an idea."
    Liam looked up at her, then down at the box, his curiosity piqued. "I mean, I know we could use more profit. Maybe earn enough to open up a bar."
    He peered inside the box and held up a handful of some of the many bracelets and necklaces she had made over the past few days. Each one was painstakingly crafted, braided, and shaped. Every piece was as unique as the next. "My mom owns a handmade jewelry shop in Manhattan. We made everything ourselves."
    She watched nervously as he studied her work. "I made these. I can have many more to sell once I get some supplies, and they don't cost much. All it takes is a trip to the craft store. If you like them, that is."
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:18 am

Liam looks at the jewelry. It couldn't hurt to add more revenue. "Sure, why not..." He puts them back on the box and looks at her.

"I appreciate it, in fact let's go right now to craft store. I'll help pay half of the supplies. I know a store nearby.Davina can lock up tonight.

He wanted to just get out of the office and on to the street and soon they were, they walk along the streets of London.

"So, you've been here a month....I guess you're here to stay for awhile?" He looks at her, waiting for her response.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:20 am