The Vampire Diaries

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Vampire Diaries

A forum set up for discussion on the hit CW show The Vampire Diaries.

2 posters

Heath and Remi: The Roleplay

PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Heath and Remi: The Roleplay Empty Heath and Remi: The Roleplay

Post  PuppyWithATutu Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:37 pm

Heath:
    Heath and Remi: The Roleplay 185903-800wHeath and Remi: The Roleplay 1369-vhj-592x0-1

Audra:
    Heath and Remi: The Roleplay Natlaie1

Even with the warm, luscious skin of the naked woman nestled against his side, Heath Crawford didn’t feel… much. He knew why he wasn’t quite all there, but he also wasn’t a man to look back on the past and dwell. Instead, he let it hover over himself like the looming gray cloud that it was, threatening not his being but every relationship he’d had for the past six years.

A relationship, this was not.

She was undoubtedly beautiful, though. She, too, had some damage. Surely sometimes they would pry, to ask each other hard-hitting questions for the hell of it, whether out of boredom or mutual fondness, but neither folded. They had a fun way of hiding their little gray clouds, though. Audra was one hell of an attorney, born into wealth as he had been, and she was a playful, astute firecracker. Heath, the CAO of the Crawford Hotel chain, was the son of the CEO, billionaire Jack Crawford.

Whereas Jack ruled with an iron fist, Heath relied on leniency and compassion. After working his ass off to get to the top, Heath had proven himself worthy of the position he held. A sociable man from Johns Creek, Georgia, he worked behind the scenes and communicated with the workers. He checked in, saw to it that they had what they needed, and listened to their concerns. What his father saw as a waste of energy, Heath saw as a necessity. Happy workers made for a happy business. Unlike his father, getting what he wanted through intimidation was never his style.

Audra shifted beside him, then moaned as she rolled over to face him, her palm resting on top of his chest. “Morning, Mr. Crawford.”

He chortled. “You know I hate that.”

She grinned and dragged her fingertips idly along his skin while her other hand rubbed her eyes. His alarm clock had gone off earlier than usual. The morning sun hadn’t yet had a chance to shine through the windows of his loft, illuminating the vast space that Audra herself had helped design. The brickwork, the light bulbs that hung suspended from the exposed wood beams, and the rustic blend of natural browns and deep reds all added to the industrial style décor she’d been going for when he’d asked for her help in fixing up the place. It wasn’t polished, nor ritzy, and damned if it wasn’t perfect. She knew him more than he wanted to admit. “Working early today?”

“Yep.” He gazed down at her and grabbed a lock of blonde hair, tucking it behind her ear. “The old man didn’t elaborate on why.”

Audra stretched and yawned and kicked off the blanket covering her body. He took advantage of the view, unashamed. Their little arrangement had been going on for more than seven months, after all. There wasn’t an inch of the woman he hadn’t touched, teased, or tasted, and for a friend with benefits, she was a solid ten. If it weren’t for those little gray clouds, that stubborn blockage in his otherwise healthy heart, they’d have made a hell of a couple. The sex was phenomenal, anyway. “I say we renegotiate the terms of our deal.”

For a split second, Heath stopped breathing. He did his best to hide his apprehension with a casual smile and a lift of his brow. “Oh yeah?”

Audra laughed. Loudly. “Don’t worry, Tin Man. I’m not head over heels for your country boy charm.”

He let out a breath and relaxed a bit. “Carry on, Ms. Fitzgerald.”

She cleared her throat. “We add a day.”

Heath smirked. “Can’t get enough?”

Audra poked him in the chest. “We meet Mondays and Thursdays. I propose we throw Saturdays into the mix, provided neither of us has anything scheduled.”

In a second, he was no longer on his side of the bed. He hovered above her, his hands resting on either side of her head, blue eyes boring into hers. “So professional. Should I start a spreadsheet?”

Audra smiled up at him, then down between their bodies, the evidence of his agreement pressing against her belly. “Stipulations still apply,” she reminded him. “No lovey dovey bullshit, and I promise not to melt too much over that sexy accent of yours.”

He didn’t quite have the time for an entire conversation, nor did he really have time for what he was about to do, but it was hard to step away when her hand reached for him. “Sexy accent, huh?” He had a slight Southern drawl that rolled off his tongue in a deep, husky timbre and spoke with a simple, unrushed cadence that the city people seemed to love. Audra had been keen on it more than most, from the moment they met at his father’s charity function to the two hours afterward, ending the evening with a bang from within the empty supply closet on the first floor of the Crawford Hotel. He’d admired her spunk from the get-go. That, and her outrageous breasts.

“Clock is ticking,” she said, and as soon as he situated himself between her thighs, his phone rang. “Fuck,” she cursed, throwing her head back amidst the pillows. “Daddy dearest?”

She already knew the answer. He reached for his phone and slid his finger across the screen. “Mornin’, Dad.”

His father’s drawl wasn’t as subtle as his. He was a Georgian through and through. “I’s just calling to make sure you remembered today.”

Heath gazed down at Audra with a devious grin on his face. “Absolutely. I’m just about to hit the shower.”

“Well, I guess I ought to tell you the reason before you come in. I’m gettin’ a little held up at the moment.”

Held up more than likely meant that Jack was grabbing breakfast and hadn’t checked the time. It was rarely ever anything but the old man being rich and accomplished and doing what he damn well pleased. To a CEO, punctuality only applied to the ones beneath you. “What is it?” he asked, trying his best to ignore the grip Audra was applying below. He gave her a warning look and she covered her laughter with her free hand.

“There’s a lady, uh, Baccino. Gina… Baccino. She’s works in the housekeeping department.”

Heath knew the drill. He hated it, but it was part of the job. “I’m letting her go?”

“I did it for you, actually.”

That gave him pause. He sat up, leaning away from Audra’s touch. Firing people was a bit of a boner killer, not to mention the shock of his father being the one to do it. “Pardon?”

“She was taking too many sick days, calling in all the time, barely there. Thought I’d take it off your hands. Look, I’m pressed for time. Her last check is sittin’ on Fitzgerald’s desk. I need you to hand it off to her daughter. Uh, Rachel’s the name, I think. Something with an R.”

Weird. “Her daughter’s dropping by, then? We don’t usually-”

“Yeah, I know. I thought I did you a favor, Son. Listen, I gotta jet. Unless you’ve got a problem?”

Heath knew better than to argue. He worked hard, but he couldn’t say his father hadn’t helped nudge him toward success. “No, sir.”

“Good. Now, tell Fitzgerald’s daughter goodbye. Of all the women in New York, you’ve just got to knock boots with my business partner’s pride and joy. Damn mystery Roy ain’t caught on yet.”

Jack was cold, but he wasn’t stupid. Heath wasn’t about to respond to that. “Got it, Dad.”

Judging by the look on Audra’s face when he hung up, she had heard every word. For a moment, there was only silence, and then they laughed. “Rain check, then?” she said after a minute had passed. Heath nodded. “I think that’s best.”

Both stood up from the bed, bare feet padding toward the bathroom. One glance at her ass had him doing some mental calculations. He could swing it.

“Never mind,” he said, grabbing her by the hand and pulling her into the shower with him. She let out a squeal when he spun her around and pressed her body against the glass of the open, spacious shower, and gripped her by the hips. She bent forward without any prompting while he turned on the spray.

“He’s right, you know,” she said, and Heath stopped in confusion, watching as she tilted her head back to look at him.

“About what?”

Her devilish grin was infectious. Her eyes danced with humor. “It really is a fucking mystery.”

Their laughter echoed throughout the bathroom, her cackling making way for moans when he began to move behind her.

Within seconds, the strange call was gone from his mind.

Clad in his nicest chukka boots, button-up shirt and suit pants, Heath strode into the Crawford Hotel and was instantly greeted by everyone there. He asked Frank, head of security, how his son's graduation had gone. The ladies behind the desk he greeted by name. He asked Mary how her husband's leg was healing. He checked in with the cleanup crews and everyone in-between. He was not his father, and it was important that they knew that. He respected the man scrubbing toilets just as much as the big man in the corner office. Perhaps his heart wasn't quite where it had been in the past, and perhaps he held a large part of himself back in a way he hadn't years ago, but he did care. He cared to make the jobs bearable for everyone involved, and he knew enough to smile big and proud and to crack the right jokes. If you didn't feel it, after all, you could always fake it.

While he spoke with Edith Matthews about inventory, doors down from Fitzgerald's office, he heard it. A woman, and an angry one at that, was ranting to someone about something. He hadn't a clue what was being said. It sounded... Italian?

He looked toward her - what could only be all five feet and two inches of her - as she flung about random curses he understood from the rest, her vitriol making him a tad nervous. He glanced back at Edith, and to his surprise, she frowned, as if she understood what was going on.

"What?" he prompted, jerking his head toward the small, fiery woman with her back turned to them. "You speak Italian?"

Edith shook her head. "Oh, no, but I know her. That's Remi. Gina is her mother. She sure is mad about something."

Heath opened his mouth to speak when it came to him. Ah, crap. Gina Baccino. He squeezed Edith's shoulder and offered her an apologetic smile. "If you'll excuse me, Mrs. Matthews."

He ducked away, knowing that there was no way to get to Fitzgerald's office without brushing past the little spitfire named Remi. The more he thought, the more perplexed he became as to why his father had taken it upon himself to let the woman go. Heath was well versed in softening the blow and letting them down gently. Jack Crawford was about as comforting as a root canal.

Resigning himself to defeat, his cheeks growing hot, he slid past Remi, and because she stood directly before Fitzgerald's door, she had no choice but to notice the man sneaking into the office in front of her. Too embarrassed to return her gaze, he offered her a nod, his eyes focused on the check sitting on top of Roy's desk. Kill me now.

She had ceased her conversation entirely, and now he was faced with a cold, agonizing silence while he picked up the envelope. From the corner of his eye, he could see Remi, arms crossed, eyes narrowed as he approached, the check raised between them.

Finally, he returned eye contact. It was the least he could do. He wasn't normally a coward, but fuck, this was a terrible ordeal, and all he could think about was decking his father the next time they crossed paths. Worst of all was the fact that she was so goddamned beautiful, and so incredibly angry. At him.

"Ms. Baccino," he said, his voice gravelly, the words rumbling out as if he hadn't spoken in years. Big, brown eyes stared up at him, her lips pursed and trembling. He cleared his throat and tried again. "I apologize. This isn't normally..." He stopped himself. He may have wanted to point all ten fingers at his father, but it wasn't professional in the slightest. "I'm very sorry."
    Canadianmummy

Heath and Remi: The Roleplay Empty Re: Heath and Remi: The Roleplay

Post  Canadianmummy Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:38 pm

Heath and Remi: The Roleplay Image10

Remi stood in her simple yoga pants and tshirt, hair was tied back and just finished her conversation when she stood face to face with whom she considers to be a clown in a suit. If it wasn't for the fact she needed this job herself, working her way up from housekeeping to front desk, she would need to be bailed out of jail for the level of damage she wishes to do.

She takes a second before she responds, looking at him  and taking him in. She's met his dad countless times, heck he's even made a pass at her. She was here to get her mothers last check, which she reminds herself.

"Of course, I wouldn't expect anything else!" She gave the biggest fake smile that even the best comedian could call her out on. "I'm just here to collect the check, so...I'll take that." She holds out her hand, her fiery passion was nothing to be ignored.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:51 pm

Heath gazed down at Remi Baccino, at her slender hand raised between their bodies, and immediately handed over the envelope. He couldn't let her leave like this. Hell, he hadn't even done anything yet. "Between you and me, miss, I'm just as surprised as you are," he told her, his voice low. "I'm sorry about your mother."
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:54 pm

Remi just stared right back, "You can save the miss, it's Remi...and like I said, no real time to hear the apologises. Rough economy..., no, I'm stopping. " She takes the check, looks to whom she was talking to and says something in Italian that was definitely a swear word and walks on out.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:21 pm

Heath blinked, watching her ass as it strutted further and further away. He didn't need to speak Italian to know what "vaffanculo" meant. He had the near inclination to go after her but thought better of it. He was due for the monthly meeting in the conference room in a good twenty minutes.

When he looked up from his watch, Roy Fitzgerald caught his eye. The man was a bald-headed barrel of dad jokes and cluelessness, smiling as he stepped toward Heath with his hand extended. "Always an unfortunate thing, letting people go."

Heath nodded, and with the same hand that had sent Roy's daughter over the edge the night before, he returned the handshake. "Good to see you, Mr. Fitzgerald. Did you enjoy the golfing trip?"

"Oh, yes. Went well. Your old man's finally got some competition." He set his briefcase down inside his office and turned back to Heath. "Oh, and Audra is kicking butt out there. I'm so proud of that kid."

Heath stifled his grin and nodded. "Oh, yes, sir. Bumped into her last night, actually." Repeatedly.

Roy seemed delighted. He laughed. "Small world, am I right?"

Heath could only smile. "Small world indeed."

Jack and Audra had certainly been right, he mused. It was a fucking mystery.

A few weeks had passed, and damned if Heath didn't have the fiery little Italian in his thoughts. Wasn't like he could flirt with her after firing her mother, but still. It was all unfortunate.

He was on a coffee run on a Thursday afternoon on his way to see Audra when he spotted her. Remi Baccino, just as cute as he'd remembered, stood outside of the hotel Starbucks, resting against the wall of the building. He stopped in his tracks, eyes wide. It took a moment for him to remember who he was and keep his charm in check. This nervousness was far unlike him. Then again, he'd never courted a woman whose mother he'd fired.

His mission forgotten, he strode up to her, straightening his suit along the way. He forced a friendly smile on his face, the same one that fooled most everyone. "Remi," he greeted her, his deep voice stirring her from whatever thoughts she was having and causing her to look his way. The minute she saw him, she scowled.

He tried not to let her disdain faze him. She didn't know him. Not truly. "Heath Crawford," he introduced himself, stopping in front of her. "I, uh... I know we got off to a bad start."
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:29 pm

Remi was just finishing a text to a friend. She was on her lunch break, as she stood in a tailored blazer, dress pants that hugged her toned legs respectfully and her hair was down, curly. Her name tag was on the top of her jacket blazer that had a black shirt underneath.

She looks at Heath, "I know who you are...I'm on my lunch break right now. Need to grab my coffee now actually...." trying to hint he leave her alone, as she walks into the coffee shop. She couldn't help but notice he followed her in.

She couldn't help but roll her eyes, her phone made a noise and she took it out. It was an older phone but it did the job. She was determined to ignore her boss as much chance as she could.

She got up to the till and the cashier greeted her, "Hey Remi...., little late for the coffee run huh?" Remi smiled, "I just got a keurig, life changing...but don't worry, I'm still faithful to you Darla"

Darla smiled back, "I know how you like..." Jokingly giving a wink, the two girls giggled and Remi made her order. Before Remi walked off, Darla took it as an opportunity to ask her a medical question. Remi gets it often when people find out she's a nurse in training, or was..who knows when she can get back and finish.

Darla looks at her, "What should I do? Pharmacy?"

Darla is showing her a bruise, " I would be going to a walk in..., how did you get that?" Remi said, analyzing the bruise. Darla just laughs it off, "Oh bumped into something here..."

Remi looks at Darla for a few moments, not really believing that and tells her to call her later and in mean time what she can do to help the bruise.

PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:43 pm

Heath had gotten the hint well enough; he just chose not to take it. He waited patiently for the ladies' conversation to cease, and when she was walking away with her coffee, he tagged along behind her, sans the coffee order he'd originally come for.

"You're in the healthcare profession, I take it?" he asked, halfway jogging to keep up with her. For such little legs, she was a quick one. "That's admirable. Not that I intend to pry. I don't make a habit of eavesdropping, I mean. It's just that your friend wasn't the most subtle."

Silence. The woman was colder than ice. He cleared his throat and kept on walking beside her. "How about some Cinnabon? We've got one on the fourth floor if you've never been. I'm guessing you might have since you work here."
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:47 pm

Remi couldn't help but slightly admire his determination and stopped to look at him, "I really can't say what I want to you without getting fired but you're wasting your time. And yes, I was trying to be a nurse before my mother got cancer and I had to stall my dreams to help pay the bills, this is an expensive city but look who I'm talking to..., forget I said that."

She turns on her heels and walks back to the employee entrance for the hotel, you need a swipe your badge which she does at the door and it opens to a stairwell.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:55 pm

The realization of just how bad the situation was hit him like a ton of bricks. Her mother had cancer. Now it made sense - the calling in sick, the not showing up. He felt like a fucking jackass. He wanted to throttle his dad.

He rushed after her, mentally likening the act of trying to talk to this woman to an hour-long gym session as he made his way up the stairs. "Remi! Jesus, I'm so- look, I had no idea, I swear." He took the stairs two at a time to catch up to her and met her at the top. "I'm sure if my father had known..." He let his words drift into silence. Had he known? How fucking sad that he had to ask. Her eyes bore into his the second she spun around to face him. "I want to make it right. I can talk to him."
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:03 pm

Remi twirled around and looked at him, "I am not discussing this..., I could file a complaint against you right now but it would be ignored most likely. My suggestion, take a bigger look into this company you're running."

Before she opens the door to the lobby floor, she turns around one last time "And you can shove your Cinnabon offer right up your ass." She leaves without a second glance, knowing she's probably going to be fired for that but it felt so good to say it.

She really had no desire to hear his side, men have disappointed her since her own dad left when she was two. It's always been her mom, both girls there for each other. She knew to apologize for what she just said, thankfully he stepped right to her like she knew he would.

"Okay, sorry I disrespected you...you're still my boss. I'm just lacking caffeine right now, hence the Starbucks trip. I accept your apology." She looks at him, it was all around fake but hoped it was enough for him to get off her case.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:12 pm

She wasn't exactly oozing genuine contrition, but he wasn't exactly offended. He hated himself right now, too.

"I'm not going to fire you, Remi," he promised her, slowing down once he realized she wasn't going anywhere for once. He hoped he looked as concerned as he felt. "I'm not my father. I understand why you're mad. I also won't lie; you're a very beautiful woman, and yes, I guess you could say I'm interested, but I never meant to make you uncomfortable."

He took a breath. "As for taking a bigger look into the company, I can assure you that I'll listen to whatever grievances you have. If any report you've made has gone ignored, I'd like to deal with the person responsible. Believe it or not, I do care for everyone in my employ."

He groaned and ran a hand through his hair, feeling a bit out of place. "God, I sound like I'm writing a company email."
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:22 pm

She looks at him, not sure what to trust or believe. She just nods, not knowing what else to say and heads back to behind her work desk.

She starts to log back into the computer and watches him, he finally walks off and she carries on with her job.

-------------------

Hours later, it was dead in the hotel. It was almost 10:30 and her shift ended soon, a coworker stands near by, a fellow front desk clerk.

"I saw Mr.Crawford talking to you earlier...., he's such a hottie, I swear." Lily giggles, she leans against the desk and takes out her iPhone. She was a typical blonde, had perfect manicured nails and her hair was always shiny.

"I guess he's looking, why don't you give him your number then?" Remi said, showing she clearly has no interest in the man. The man who thinks he's so hot in his suit and tie, and that accent?

Lily looks at Remi, "He was too busy looking at you, I don't know why you don't take advantage of that...you'd be really pretty if you got some high lights in your hair."

Remi looked at her, "I'll add it to the do list of much more importantly tasks..."

Lily just rolled her eyes, "He is a sweet guy, just last month he helped Jimmy th valet guy with a loan for his car. The guy needed to get to work...,Heath helped no questions asked."

Remi had nothing to say to that, she looks to the time and its finally 11. She looks at Lily, "As much as I'd love to stay and fan girl over the guy whose dad fired my mom...I'll have to pass."

She left her station, went to the changing room for the female staff and quickly left out the back door. She was just heading to a bus stop when it started to rain, she pulls up her hood and quickly stands in the shelter, hoping the bus would not be late like it always is.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:34 pm

As soon as Heath pulled up beside the bus stop, his eyes set on Remi, he cursed himself for driving the showy car today. Of course she'd have all sorts of things to say about the sleek, silver Alfa Romeo 4C he was in.

Nonetheless, he stopped and rolled down the passenger side window. "It's rainin' buckets," he called out to her. "Please, let me drive you wherever you're headed."
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:37 pm

She swore under her breathe, looks at him "Are you suddenly just going to show up everywhere now?"
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:43 pm

He grinned. "I prefer to think it's kismet." He didn't wait for her to reply; he jumped out and made his way to the other side of the car, opening the door for her to get in.

He cocked a brow. "What, are you gonna make me stand here in the rain all night?"
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:48 pm

Remi looked at him, "Maybe...ruin the Armani suit wouldn't be end of the world!" She looked behind him to see the bus nowhere in sight, she had that wedding she was catering for in the next day and had to be there early to help set up.

A yawn coming out and helping make her decision, she nods and gets in the car. She sits and waits for him to get him, she sets her hood down and puts on her seatbelt as he gets in. She does thank him and tell him the address, which is almost Brooklyn. It takes Remi about 45 minutes every day to get to work and go home.

She stays silent as he drives, she looks out the window and suddenly feels unsure of what to say and it doesn't happen often for her.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:54 pm

As he drove, he ran through different conversations in his mind. He couldn't very well ask about her mother - he'd made it worse for her, already. He also had to remain somewhat professional and not demonize his father, the CEO, in his own defense. He would deal with Jack later.

He decided to stick to something safe. "So you're into nursing?"

Last edited by PuppyWithATutu on Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:57 pm

She looks to him, he was givi her a ride and sure she could make small talk. She found it hard to talk about the idea of nursing, "I am taking some time off before I do my last year but yes, I want to be a nurse...as great as your hotel is, it's not what I busted my ass in school for."

Looks at him," What about you? Did you always want to be a CEO of a giant hotel chain?"
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:06 pm

"CAO," he corrected her, activating his turning signal when she pointed out the next turn. "And, honestly, I never thought much about it. It's always been a family thing, and my sisters wanted nothing to do with it, so that left me. It was an easy choice. School was never difficult for me, and I can't complain about the pay. I work hard, though. I never wanted to ride my father's coattails to get where I'm at."

Silence filled the car again. He debated with himself and debated some more. There was so much he wanted to know, but a good part of it was touchy.

"I don't want to beat around the bush here," he finally said when he was nearing her address. "I'd like to take you on a date."
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:10 pm

Remi looks at him as the car stops, "I kind of knew that and I think you're....well, I want to say great guy but I don't know you."

"My life in general is a little busy right now,a relationship or the thought of one....it's not in the cards for me. Thank you for the ride home..." She smiles and gets out of the car.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:49 pm

Damned if Remi still wasn't on Heath's mind after another week had passed. It was getting ridiculous. Even as he lay next to Audra Fitzgerald, sated and relaxed, the brown-eyed beauty was in his thoughts.

He felt her shifting beside him, and he lifted his arm to bring her closer. She rested her head on his shoulder. "You weren't all there tonight," she remarked, her gaze locked on his. "Want to talk about it?"

He chortled. "Really? Was my performance not up to par?"

She rolled her eyes in response. "Baby, it's always up to par. You're just... I don't know. You're somewhere else."

He sighed and leaned further back, sinking his head into a stack of pillows. "It's this girl."

Audra gasped, feigning shock. "And his small heart grew three sizes that day!" When he groaned, she laughed. "Who is it?"

"I've always said I won't shit where I eat, but it's an employee." He turned his head to face her. "My old man fired her mom. Turns out, her mom..." He trailed off. "I shouldn't be saying all of this. It's personal. No offense."

She shrugged. "I'm surprised to have gotten this much out of you. I'll take what I can get."

"Beer?" Heath reached for the mini fridge beside his bed, and from within, he grabbed two Dos Equis. He twisted off the top and handed her the first one, then drank one for himself. "She's beautiful, Audra. And fiery. Kind of hates me, too. She's not interested but for some reason I'm invested. Which is weird, because you and I both know my feelings toward commitment."

Audra sat up and crossed her legs, sitting Indian style beneath the duvet. "That's such bullshit, Heath."

He sat up as well, confusion etched across his brow. "Come again?"

"It's bullshit, sweets. I don't know what happened to screw you up so badly, but I know it was a girl. You were committed. Deep down, you want that kind of love. You're only terrified of getting hurt again."

Heath gritted his teeth. She was right in most ways, but so terribly wrong in others. "It wasn't only me that got hurt. I've got my own shit going on."

Audra took a drink of beer. "Don't we all. Suck it up, stud. Ask her again and put some thought into it."

Heath ran a finger down the side of the bottle, drawing a line through the condensation as he thought through what she'd said. "All right, I will. But we got a little deep just now, and for the record, you kind of owe me something about yourself now. Quid pro quo."

"You want one of my deep, dark secrets?"

Heath nodded. "It's only fair."

She seemed to think hard for a moment. The look in her eyes went from playful to pensive. Finally, she returned his gaze. "My favorite color is blue."

He widened his eyes. "Shit, woman. I could bring down nations with that sort of classified info."

She leaned down and pulled his lower lip between her teeth, biting down softly before drawing back. "Tell anyone and I'll kill you."

He kissed her, his hands moving from her face to her hair to her hips, and in seconds, he had her on her back. His hand traveled beneath the sheets until he found what he was looking for. Her sharp intake of breath followed the slow, steady movements of his fingers.

"We might want to add in more days," she said with a grin.

Heath felt pleased with himself, but wouldn't vocalize it. "Really, now?"

"Mmm. Yes. Because this mystery girl is going to cave. Because I know you. And once she does, I'm going to have to find a new man who's a halfway decent lay."

Much to her disappointment, he stopped moving his fingers. "Okay, seriously? Halfway decent?"

She chuckled. "Honestly, Heath, I never know if you've got terrible self-confidence or you just like fishing for compliments."

He tilted his head. "A bit of both at times. So, halfway or what?" When she kept laughing, he continued on. "Scale of one to ten, ten being the best? I've got to be at least a seven. A solid seven." Without warning, his hand began moving again. She squirmed beneath the sheets, watching his grin grow wider still. "Come on. Be honest."

"Fuck. Fine. A nine."

Internally, he high fived himself. On the outside, he only smirked. "So there's room for improvement, you mean?"

She shifted her hips beneath him, her breaths growing quicker. "Maybe."

She was reluctant to admit it, perhaps because his need for approval bordered on comedy, but he could tell in the reddening of her cheeks, in the heaving of her chest, in the way her voice got higher when she spoke. She was enjoying it. "I accept your challenge, Ms. Fitzgerald."

Remi forgotten, he dove between the sheets and got to work achieving Audra's ten.

By the time the weekend was over, Audra had been over nearly every night. She'd been serious about enjoying it while it lasted. She'd had faith that he could win Remi over, and thus, he did as well.

He strode into the Crawford Hotel on Monday morning with purpose - with, dare he say it, swagger. With a little more pep in his step, suited up in his best clothes, he made his way to the Starbucks and ordered a coffee from Darla to Remi's exact specifications. In the elevator, he hastily left a message for her on the cup. On the fourth floor, he bought a Cinnabon, carrying with him the sweet and potent smell of cinnamon and icing wherever he went. Lastly, head held high, he found her at the front desk, having sent a customer off toward his room.

She looked up at him and he smiled, stopping in front of the counter. He placed both the coffee and the dessert before her. "Good morning," he greeted her. "I know you're busy and that doesn't allow much time for dating, so you say, but it doesn't mean I can't offer a lady a coffee and a high-calorie breakfast."

He looked beside her and saw a blonde-haired woman standing behind the desk, wide-eyed. He offered her a smile and a nod. "Good morning, Ms. Hopkins."

She blinked. "Good morning, sir."

Turning his attention back to Remi, unabashed, he rapped his knuckles on the counter top. "I'll see you around, Remi."

With that, he turned away and walked toward his office.
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:05 am

Remi secretly smiled when no one was looking and took the coffee, she noticed his number on the side of it. She shook her head in disbelief of this guy but she was certainly flattered. She took a much needed drink. Was up most of the night.

Remi spent the next few days working as she normally did, coming home and help inner mom with housework, cooking and then off to do a catering job where she picked up shifts for whenever she could.

She got home around 9pm on a Friday and sunk into her couch, turned in the tv and snacked on cheese puffs. Her mom soon came in and said hello. She sat next to her on couch. She glanced to her slaughter "You have something on your mind sweetheart..."

Remi looked at her mom, "It's nothing...just this guy at work asked me out and I can't get him out of my head, normally I can but this guy isn't a good one to get involved with, I have to save up for school as well...no time.."

Mom smiled, "All I hear is excuses, I think you like this young man...he can't be worse than Trevor, he was a jerk!"

Remi nodded to that, Trevor was her boyfriend of 3 years. They went through everything together and finally they broke up, the reason? When Remi told him about her mo,, he said he'd be there....he was there sleeping with some other girl instead.

"Call this young man, it's Friday night....you should be out on the town!" mom looks at her, she strokes her hair from her daughters pretty face.

"I'm all comfy...maybe tomorrow" Remi said, flipping through the tv. Mom looks at her and takes the remote and snacks.

Remi scowls, "Fine...., just know you're the one encouraging your daughter to go drink and party."

Mom looks at her, "I do want to see grandkids before I die!"

Remi scowls some more, she heads to her room and takes out her cellphone and calls mr.rich guy.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:18 am

When the call came through to Heath's phone, he was a little preoccupied with Audra. Well, her mouth was most occupied. She paused, gazing up at him from the pillow on the floor, and Heath groaned. "Not... now."

She pulled away, regardless. "It could be your gal. Answer it."

He smirked. "Yes, ma'am." His hand wrapped around his iPhone sitting on the bedside table. He didn't recognize the number, but he'd opted out of taking her number from the employee files. Seemed a bit... stalkerish. Fingers crossed, his voice deep and raspy, he answered. "Heath Crawford speaking."
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:12 am

Remi heard his voice, he sounded out of breathe "It's your lucky day...or night I guess, you probably have plans already but I could meet you for some coffee? Maybe at Starbucks that is not right across from the hotel.....?"
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:24 am

Heath grinned and gave Audra the thumbs up. Beaming, she stood and reached for her top as Heath searched for his discarded jeans. "Yes," he answered, situating his phone between his cheek and shoulder as he hopped into his pants and kicked on a pair of boots. "I'm glad as hell you called. Starbucks is good." He spun in a circle, wordlessly searching out his car keys when he heard the familiar sound of metal clinking together. His key ring dangled from Audra's finger.

He mouthed his thanks to her and ran toward the bathroom to wash up and brush his teeth. "Can I pick you up?"

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:03 pm