The Vampire Diaries

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Vampire Diaries

A forum set up for discussion on the hit CW show The Vampire Diaries.

2 posters

An Illicit Attraction: A Roleplay

PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

An Illicit Attraction: A Roleplay - Page 18 Empty Re: An Illicit Attraction: A Roleplay

Post  PuppyWithATutu Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:58 am

Garrett grinned. It was nice to know his little firecracker hadn't changed. He was about to tell her as much when Jenny barreled into his leg, the force of her embrace nearly spilling his whiskey on the ground.

He looked down at her as she clutched his leg, and she was smiling. "Are you teaching me guitar again today, Garrett?"

Garrett smirked and stooped to meet her gaze. "Darn skippy, lil' Hendrix. You been practicing those chords I taught you?"

Jenny nodded. "Uh-huh."

He reached out and ruffled her hair, not missing the way Hayden took it all in while he stood over the grill. He focused his attention back on Jenny. "You been taking good care of Emma?"

"Yeah, she's funny. She's like me when I was a kid."

Garrett cast a grin in Selene's direction before finding Jenny again. "So, Miss Jenny, hot dogs or hamburgers?"

"Hot dogs! With ketchup!"

Garrett again looked toward the grill where Hayden stood turning steaks and burgers. No franks. He stood up. "Your wish is my command. Be right back." He gave Selene a quick kiss on that sensitive, sweet patch of skin beneath her jawline -where she liked it most, he'd found out two years ago- and brushed past her towards the kitchen. Figured Jenny would want everything but the many things Hayden was already preparing on the grill.

Finding the package of franks in his fridge, he pulled them out and made his way over to Hayden. "Miss Jenny wants franks," he said, turning the package in his palm. He opened it up a slit, grabbed the tongs, and placed one on an unused portion of the grill. Too bad he'd have to keep an eye on this thing, or he'd go back to Selene. Hayden could be a real buzzkill.
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

An Illicit Attraction: A Roleplay - Page 18 Empty Re: An Illicit Attraction: A Roleplay

Post  Sharon Salvatore Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:01 am

Hayden looked at Garrett, "Miss Jenny? Maybe you have changed too..." He kept watch on the burgers and everything. He puts on another hot dog for Emma, thinking she might eat some of it when it's cut up for her.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:10 am

Garrett smiled. "One of the things I call her. She's gotta be the coolest kid I ever met."

He paused. "Been teaching her guitar. She's already got House of the Rising Sun down pat. Smart damned girl. Lot like her mama."

He took another drink of his whiskey. "And yeah, I am changing. So much as a man can. Not that you'd really care so much anyway."

He didn't say it bitterly, was just making a statement, but the air was still tense. Okay, Garrett would admit it. He missed when they were buddies. He swirled the last of his whiskey around his glass and downed the rest. "Interested in a drink?"
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:18 am

Hayden holds up his beer, "Got that covered..." takes a swig, they stood in silence and finally everything was ready. They set up a table outside, it was a nice warm summer night, some potato salad was also on the menu.

Hayden takes a big helping of it, knowing it's like his Aunt's. He then shakes his head, "It's a good try Selene but not as good as Aunt Sheryl's..." He says, teasing and eats his burger. Selene looks at him,"You heard my warning...time for another story."

Hayden laughs, he holds up a cut up of the hot dog and gives it to Emma,"Hot dog, try it..." Emma looks at her Dad, then the hot dog and takes it in her hand. She puts it in her mouth, she then looks upset and shakes her head.

Hayden laughs again,"Okay, you don't like it..." she spits it out into a napkin, he feeds her some potato salad and she likes that, Selene sees that, "She really is your child..."

Jenny looks at Hayden,"Uncle Hayden, you want to hear me play the guitar later..?" He looks at her, "Of course, heard you're really good..."

She smiles, Jenny looks at him "Why were you gone for so long Uncle Hayden?" Hayden thinks about it, "Busy..I missed you though, don't think I didn't."
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:34 am

Awkward. Garrett tried to think up something to say, but came up blank. Then he felt the warmth of Selene's hand resting atop his thigh. She gave him a reassuring squeeze and a sideways smile. Yes, he was going to marry this woman. It was all he could do not to sweep her up into his arms and give her a kiss that would put all other kisses to shame.

Better not to do it with today's audience.

Kara caught the two of them gazing at each other, lost on everything else going on around the table, and gave him a secret smile. Garrett was glad to return it. After far too long, he had his sister back.

"So, how's the teaching going?" Garrett asked to break the ice.

Kara smiled. "It's fantastic. I have the best kids. They really helped keep me sane when..." She stopped herself. She wasn't completely over what had happened, and Garrett knew she shouldn't be. He could feel Hayden's gaze burning holes into him, as if to say nice job, and Garrett tried not to shake his head.

"They just help me more than they know," Kara hastily added. "It's nice to feel like I'm making a difference. I mean I know it's just English, but..." She shrugged.

Garrett smiled. "Sis, I know grown men who can't write a good sentence. Sounds like you're nipping this one in the bud with the little ones."

Kara and Selene had to laugh at that. Easy territory. Her hand was still resting on his thigh, and he dropped his hand from the table and placed it on hers, his fingers curling against her own, his thumb tracing circles around her knuckles. He didn't care if Hayden had a problem. He was done trying.
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:39 am

Hayden just ate in silence, listening to the conversation. Selene looked at him, worried for his future, "So...any ideas what you're going to do? I know it's hard to bring it up but I want make sure you're okay..."

Hayden looks at her,"It's awkward to talk about Selene and that is the big issue with all of this in general, we all know it...but blind to the fact. It is what it is." As he drank his beer, Selene looks at him and then tells Jenny to take Emma and go play in the living room. Jenny does so.

Selene looks at him,"Hayden, I know you're mad..."

"Selene..stop, it's fine." He says, Selene looks at him,"Maybe, you could move back here?"
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:49 am

Garrett had heard enough. There was trying to be civil, and then there was taking off his balls and handing in his man card. No way was he putting up with this much awkwardness.

He scooted back from the table and stood. "Well, that's my cue."

He gave Selene's shoulder a squeeze as he brushed past and then disappeared inside the house.
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:09 am

They headed back to L.A., a rule was to not bring up Garrett's name. Hayden kept looking for jobs every day, as Kara went to work.

One day, he had an interview and dropped the baby off with a babysitter. This was a job he really wanted, so he decided to not be truthful on his application and admit he was in prison. It was special auto shop that catered to rich clients who had jaguars and other big fancy cars.

He was given a short interview and the boss wanted to see his skills, he was given a car to work on and see how fast it took him to complete it. 45 minutes later he was done and the boss hired him right on the spot, Hayden was insanely happy.

He got home and started to make dinner for Kara, Emma was going to stay at the babysitters a little longer. He wanted to celebrate, as he stirred the noodles in the boiling water, his cell phone rang. He put the spoon across the pot so the water wouldn't boil over and answered,"Hello...?"

"Hayden...this is Bob, from Prized Possessions."The man said, his future boss. "Hey...,did I forget to do something?"

"Well...forgot to mention you were in prison, we had to do the background check. Its not good to have a criminal in our shop Sommers, if it got out to our clients...it would hurt our image, I hope you can understand that..." Bob said.

Hayden's heart sank, "I didn't put it on the application, I wanted you to see..that I am really good."

"I can see that kid but it's not worth the risk of my company, goodbye." Bob hung up and Hayden did as well, just then Kara walked in. He had already texted her saying he got the job, because he did. The guy said he did.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:15 am

Kara didn't need to ask when she'd seen the look on Hayden's face. It was obvious what had been said on the phone. Without a word, she crossed the distance between them and gave him a kiss. "Don't give up."
    -----

Some time after dinner, when Kara was finishing up the dishes and Hayden was putting Emma to sleep, Kara excused herself to the bathroom, her cell phone in hand. Hayden would hate her for doing this if he knew, but she had faith in what this could accomplish.

Heaving a heavy sigh and hoping Garrett wouldn't take it too far with the favor she was about to ask, she dialed Selene's number.
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:20 am

Selene hung up the phone and knew what she had to do, tonight Garrett would have a great day, amazing sex and she would ask him to help out Hayden.

Jenny went to stay the night with her Grandma, when Garrett walked in the door, Selene was just setting some food on the table. She was in a sexy black dress and they had a lovely time together,he kissed her cheek and she smiled at him.

How different she was around this man, finally it was much later on. Garrett was cleaning the dishes when Selene came up behind him, moving her hands around his side, when he turned around she unzipped her dress and it fell to the floor, revealing a corset and sexy panties to match.

"What are you waiting for...?" Selene said, seductively.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:37 am

Garrett felt his grin stretch across his lips, not to mention the telltale strain of his growing erection against the fly of his jeans. He strode over to her, not bothering to hide his need for her, and pulled her body flush against his chest until she felt it, too.

"You dress like that, doll, and you're lethal," he smirked, breathing in the spicy-sweet scent of her perfume that made him want to taste and explore every inch of her. He leaned down to kiss her neck, her bare, silky shoulder, the smooth skin along her collarbone. Her skin prickled in response.

He let his breath fan across her skin. He wasn't an idiot, but he wasn't about to argue this gift, either. With Jenny around, it was hard to get intimate. And it was even harder to keep Selene quiet.

"I suppose you might tell me what all this is for, hmm?" he asked, his lips straying from her skin long enough to pull back and meet her gaze. Her mouth quirked. She had an agenda, all right. No matter. She could tell him to chop off an arm, and with how smitten he was, he'd merely smile and ask her which one. It was unnerving, but it was also a feeling he'd once thought was long gone. And he had it now. With this woman. This woman, who, after everything, still loved him as much as he did her.

He let one finger slip through the opening at the front of her corset, deeming this easily the sexiest thing he'd seen her wear yet, and pinched the first hook between his fingers. He released them, one after the other, slowly, listening to her breaths quicken and grow more erratic, until the last hook came undone and her breasts spilled free, demanding their due attention. Once they hit the cool evening air, they hardened to their peaks, and Garrett's erection grew to the point of pain upon seeing them.

He did what she hoped for, though, even without his confirmation. He palmed one breast in his hand and knelt until he was on one knee before her, then drew one pebbled nipple between his lips. He suckled gently, at first, tasting her and teasing her, and then he bit down softly. Selene gasped.

Garrett released her, only to apply the same pressure to her abused nipple with his fingers, rolling it between the pads of his fingers as his tongue darted out to taste the one that had gone untouched.

"What's it gonna be, Selene?" he asked, his lips still pressed to her left breast, giving her idle kisses between words as he spoke. "I'm powerless, baby. Go ahead. Tell me."
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:40 am

Selene looked at him, kissing his neck "I want you to help Hayden, use your connections...with this job he really wants, do it...please? For me?"

She unzipped his jeans and moved her hand inside, stroking his cock in her hand with ease.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:46 am

Jesus, he should have known. But Garrett hardly cared, what with the magic her hands were working on his dick. He inhaled deeply and let out a groan as his hips bucked against her palm, seeking more.

"Baby, you touch me like that, I'll agree to anything," he rasped, and then his lips were on hers. Her hand never stopped its movements. Her eyes were waiting, watching, expecting a promise in more words than that, and he sighed. "Yes. Doll, yes. You're an evil little wench, I hope you know."

Selene laughed at that, taking no offense as he'd known she wouldn't, and pressed her lips back to his. She tasted of the wine they'd had during dinner. Of grapes and sweetness and lust, and when he tugged her hand away from his jeans, he scooped her up before she could protest and carried her to the bedroom, intent on devouring every last inch of her before the night was done.
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:55 am

The next week, Hayden had gotten a call from Bob. He had a change of heart, something about they needed the extra help and Hayden was the best person they had seen, not wanting to question it,Hayden agreed.

Finally, they were back to being a normal family. Something Hayden was trying to desperately do, repay the woman he put through hell, raising a baby on her on, paying all these bills on her own. No amount of words, could explain how much it hurt him.

Every day he vowed to make sure Kara knew how much he loved and adored her, part of that was giving her the wedding of her dreams. It was in Kara's home town of Texas, Hayden surprised her that he had reserved a hall there, get married in the church her parents did.

Jenny was the flower girl, they stood across from each other and gave their vows. Family, Aunt Sheryl and Garrett, also long time friends in Texas that Kara hadn't seen in years, she was so happy and Hayden was happy in return, to put the smile on her face.

They had their first dance, moving around the floor in total and complete love. Selene watched from her seat, so happy for them both. She leaned into Garrett, "Thank you...,you made this all happen. I love you..." She kissed him.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:12 am

Garrett grinned. "God, woman, I love you, too," he returned, and then he kissed the hell out of her, not caring in the slightest who saw.

Wimberley, Texas. Who the fuck knew? Garret had forgotten how much he'd missed this small town. Parts of it looked like it was pulled straight from a Western film, saloons and all. Kara was absolutely glowing. He couldn't help the pang in his heart when he thought of what his parents would say. Mom would be crying rivers now, talking about how beautiful her little girl looked and demanding picture after picture. Dad would try his best to be gruff and unaffected and chugging down liquor. They'd like Hayden, he was sure. And that was a shitty thought.

Weeks ago, Selene had told him that Hayden had gotten the job. All Garrett had to do was show up in person, show him the piles of cars that had been fixed, brag about his math skills, and when Bob didn't relent so quickly, Garrett turned on the most deadly of his charm. He didn't exactly threaten the man's life, but he made it clear that if he wanted Garrett to be a happy man, Hayden would no longer be lacking a job. Hayden was impervious to the good deed. Acknowledging that he'd helped the little shit would only put Kara in the dog house for calling upon Garrett's help.

Working life was going well for Hayden. He'd done all this. Needless to say, Garrett was impressed. Maybe the kid deserved Kara after all. And, even if he didn't, Garrett knew from experience. As damned as your soul could be, love trumped it all. He'd milk the most out of this life with Selene and Jenny and make it last until he had to bid the world goodbye. Deserved or not, before the inevitable came, he'd spend every day deluding her into thinking he was worth it.

Lost in the inner workings of his mind, Garrett barely registered the fact that he'd been cradling the ring box in his pants pocket the entire time he'd been sitting by Selene's side. He still wasn't sure exactly how or when he'd ask, but seeing the wedding and all of Hayden's efforts firsthand, he knew he'd have to step it up. Romanticism wasn't exactly Garrett's forte.
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:18 am

Hayden saved every penny he could, for this wedding. He made his rounds, talking to friends and family who were celebrating. He watched as Garrett stepped outside to go smoke, giving Hayden a look to follow.

He decided to check it out, the guy was going to be in his life and he was so happy, that Garrett could say anything. Hayden stepped out, looking handsome as ever in his suit and tie. He looked to Garrett, "Thanks for giving your sister away...I know it meant a lot to her."
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:23 am

Garrett chortled. "Man, I should be thanking you." He looked over his shoulder, as if to possibly find Selene in the throng of people behind them, and then turned back to Hayden. "Look, it's plain as day you love my sister. You wouldn't hurt her. And I know that."

Hayden nodded. All the snappy retorts Garrett could have expected were gone.

"Guess I been too busy judging. But seeing you two, I get it. Hell, I'd kill a man who tried to keep me from Selene. You fought me tooth and nail for Kara, brother. I respect that."
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:27 am

He looks at him, not believing what he's hearing. Finally, he nods "It's only taken you almost 3 years to figure that out...saying you are stubborn, I would use a few more words to describe you. I get it though, as much as I am pissed..with what happened..."

He was saying too much, they were buds though, he did miss that. "A little advice for you, you want to keep Selene...it's not another guy who would come between you or me, it's your job Garrett. You know that, she knows that."

He looked at him, serious.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:34 am

Garrett nodded. Selene had brought it up a few times herself. But some things weren't as easy as he wanted them to be.

"Yeah," Garrett sighed. "Yeah, I know. But you take a supply away from a junkie who's only ever seen you? You stop distributing? People suffer. And the people I pay, they go downhill. People get mad."

He ran a hand through his hair. "I do this, I ain't never going back to L.A.. I don't trust what'll go down. But I got more than enough cash to support Selene. Jenny."

Again, his hand reached inside his pocket and fumbled with the small velvet box. Perhaps he should wait. Cut off all his ties in L.A., first and foremost, and then take that grand risk on one knee. He was almost positive she'd say yes, but his past was bound to eat at him.
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:38 am

Hayden looked at him,"This is where you have to understand what I did, Selene is the most important...not the people you employ, or whatever excuse you have. It's dangerous for her to be involved with you either way and that's not stopping you, quit Garrett or are you afraid of what you can be...without this job? You're just an ordinary guy, with no connections anymore, can you really live like that?"
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:47 am

Garrett sighed. "I can find something. I always find a way." He'd been considering opening up his own shop. Closing down the business in L.A., selling the building and setting up a business in Arizona. No drugs, no ruse, just the business. He wasn't sure what, yet, but he'd done it before. He could do it again.

Turning to Hayden, he finally pulled out the tiny box and let it rest in his open palm. "Speaking of Selene and the goddamned irony of it all, and yes I'm a dick for even asking this, but there ain't no one to ask. Sheryl don't know so much about me. You do."

Jesus, this was hard to get past his throat. His pride wasn't willing to get past the lumps his words formed. He'd always been a stubborn bastard. Hayden was right.

"But before I even ruin your day and try and ask, know this. I love your cousin. I love Jenny. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I'll do right by 'em. Soon as business is taken care of, I'm asking her." He paused, the depth of what he was asking clear in his eyes when he met Hayden's gaze. "But I'd rather do it with your permission."
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:49 am

Hayden eyes the ring, "Do it first, end it all..." he takes the box literally out of Garrett's hand, tucks it in his own pocket. "I'm serious, you do it and you get this ring back." He walked back inside to be with his own wife.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:58 am

What the fuck had just happened here? Garrett stared a hole into Hayden's back as he retreated. "Asshole," he muttered.

"And just who was that directed to?"

He spun around, knowing it was Selene before he saw her. He grinned. "You," he answered jokingly. "You're terrible. And that's the ugliest dress I think I've ever seen."

Selene laughed and slapped him on the arm, but kept her arm looped around his. He pulled her in for a kiss.

"Dance with me?" she asked him, her green eyes blinking up at him with a love that swelled his heart ten sizes too large for his own brawny chest. This woman was perfection. His pants pocket in which the ring had sat now felt empty. Quit the job? Challenge accepted, GQ.

She was so tiny, wrapped up in his embrace the way she was. Every protective, manly instinct fired up every time he saw her. She was strong and fiery and spicy, sure, but she was his, and he wasn't about to let her go.

"Let's see if your moves can rival mine," he smirked, and led her to the dance floor with his hand at the small of her back.
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:13 pm

Hayden and Kara decided to honeymoon in Dallas,(Emma was with Selene) they explored the city and went to the bars every night. He jokingly dressed up in a black dress shirt, dark jeans and black cowboy hat. Hey, when in Texas, you gotta play the part is what he said.

Women definitely liked what they saw, he ordered some more beers and watched a woman run her hand up his arm, Kara was soon pulling her off and he smirked, "Clearly, Texas women have good taste...you can't be mad at them for that."

PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:36 pm

Kara smirked, and with lightening speed, she jerked the cowboy hat off his head and pulled it over her own. "I'm going to wear this tonight while I ride you like a cowgirl," she said with a devilish grin, the alcohol she'd downed lowering her inhibitions until they were little to nothing. "In fact, I'll do all sorts of things those girls wish they could do but can't because you're mine."

Hayden's eyes widened. Kara took delight in still being able to steal words from his mouth, to stun him speechless. With Emma gone and away, they had their honeymoon week blissfully to themselves. And they took advantage of that every second they could.

"Well, it seems some people never change."

Upon hearing a familiar drawl she couldn't quite place, Kara turned around to find the one and only Bri Northman, her arm slung around Tate Chambers. The Tate. The first boy she'd gotten anywhere with. They hadn't actually had sex; they'd merely fooled around. Perhaps that was why he'd left her in the car that night and gone to fuck Bri instead. She'd been flirting with him all night, so why not?

Kara grinned. "To what do I owe the pleasure, Whoreman?" Okay, the alcohol needed to stop.

Bri narrowed her eyes, but her smile remained. She ogled Hayden like a piece of rare, juicy meat. "I see you did well for yourself."

Kara snorted. "Oh, far better than you, I'd say. I'm a married woman now." She leaned into Hayden, who'd begun supporting her far more than she'd actually been standing, and kissed his cheek. "I'm glad to see you turned out better than you were in high school. I was really worried junior year that one of those days you'd get some boy's cock lodged so far down your throat that you'd choke and die."

She cast a glance at Tate. "But, of course, I forget I've seen what this one's working with. Tell me, Bri, does his dick still fit a thimble?"

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 10:48 am