The Vampire Diaries

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Vampire Diaries

A forum set up for discussion on the hit CW show The Vampire Diaries.

2 posters

An Illicit Attraction: A Roleplay

PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

An Illicit Attraction: A Roleplay - Page 8 Empty Re: An Illicit Attraction: A Roleplay

Post  PuppyWithATutu Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:50 am

Kara shrugged. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's got a lot to do with it."

She stood and walked over to Hayden. Put her arms around his waist. Let him pull her closer. "I appreciate what you did. It may not have been smart, but it was sweet nonetheless."

She kissed his chest through his shirt, then her lips traveled upwards, her senses alive and enjoying the musky scent of aftershave that she loved on the skin of his neck. "Your heart's always in the right place. I don't see that often. It's part of why I love you so damned much."
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

An Illicit Attraction: A Roleplay - Page 8 Empty Re: An Illicit Attraction: A Roleplay

Post  Sharon Salvatore Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:15 pm

Hayden looks at her,"Go back to the bitch I fell in love with, this corny you...it's hilarious." She looked at him, he smiles "I like being in you...if that counts for anything." He picks her up by her thighs and kisses her.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:40 pm

Kara grinned maliciously. "The bitch, huh?" She ran her palms over his chest, thinking back to how she'd been before. What was it about this man that made her witty retorts fall short? He made her want to stop being so strong and guarded. She wanted him to have all of her. The vulnerability, the love she was capable of, the sweetness she'd showed no one in a very long time. She wanted his strong arms to support it all.

But she did miss the catty bitch inside. So she decided to let it out.

"You've got your bitch," she purred, and then knocking him back with a sudden swing of her body, she turned him towards the bedroom, through the doorway, and pushed him back onto the bed.
    -----

The next morning, Kara awoke next to a sleeping Hayden, and turned onto her side to watch him. The peaceful rise and fall of his bare chest, the unruly hair that flipped every which way around his head, the pouty pink lips that were open and full and waiting to be kissed.

Feeling daring, she snaked her hand beneath the comforter until she found her goal. She gave him a squeeze, tightened her fingers around his length, and stroked. It wasn't long before his eyes fluttered open and he found hers. "Morning," she whispered.

Seeing the invitation for what it was, he rolled over and pinned her with the weight of his body, a devilish smirk across his lips.

And then the phone rang.

His head fell in defeat, and Kara sighed. "Just a second."

She fumbled for the cell phone on the bedside table and flipped it open. "What?"

"Just checking up, Kar." Garrett's voice.

"I'm uh... I'm good." Kara looked up at Hayden, a message in her eyes, and he obediently rolled off. "Why the call?"

"Come over," he implored. "I ain't got a right to tell you how to live your life. You were right. How about a dinner?"

Kara swallowed. "A dinner?"

"Yeah, a dinner. You know, that thing where you sit at a table and eat. Bring you and lover boy and maybe I'll dial down the judgment a little."

Kara grimaced. "Maybe?"

Garrett sighed on the other end. "Look, Sis, I'm trying. Let a man see for himself how his sister's treated. Ain't no hiding anything now. I want to understand."

"There's nothing to understand, Gar. We love each other."

"I'm sure you do. But seeing as how I miss you and ain't no way you won't chew my face off without proving me wrong, I doubt you'll come to enjoy my company alone."

Well, he was right. Kara glanced at Hayden questioningly, but before he could respond, there came a knock on the door. Groaning, he pulled on some jeans and a shirt to answer it. Kara watched as he left.

"I'll talk to Hayden," she finally responded. "Let me text you, all right?"

There was a glimmer of hope in Garrett's voice when he replied. "Sure. Yeah. Later, Kar."

The line went dead. Kara's curiosity got the best of her, and she decided to get dressed, too, and see who'd come to join them. She threw on a robe and made her way from the bedroom into the kitchen.

She smiled immediately when she saw who'd come to visit.

"Sheryl!"
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:50 pm

Hayden looked at his Aunt, who hugged him and he made a slight noise of pain. He wasn't completely healed yet, she broke off and looked at him,"You wouldn't return my calls...figured this is what I had to do."

She walks in and looks round the apartment, "Very nice place, hello Kara...I'm not interrupting am I?"

"Aunt Sheryl...you really didn't have to come out here." Hayden started to say, Aunt looks at him,"Yes, I did. You have me worried Hayden, do I have to ask how you got all this money or are you going to continue to lie to me?"

He looks at his Aunt, totally blind sighted. "I am going to go with the second option..,look just..sit down." She does so, he looks to Kara, "What did your brother want?"
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:53 pm

Kara sighed. "He invited us over for dinner," she explained. "And I think it's obvious why he wants you to come. He wants to degrade the hell out of you and start something."

Then her eyes set on Sheryl's. "But if we bring company..."
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:58 pm

Hayden looks at her,"I really don't think that's a good idea..." Aunt comes over, "What's not a good idea? Hayden, what happened...you used to tell me everything."

He looks at her, "Life is just complicated right now..."

Aunt looks at him, demanding he tell her.

"Kara's brother doesn't like me..." He admits, Aunt looks at him stunned, "Who doesn't like you? Well I'll just have to have a talk with this man."

"Really...do not do that." He begs.

Aunt looks at him, he is powerless when it comes to her.

He looks to Kara,"Alright, we'll go."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Around 7 p.m., they showed up at Garrett's and knocked. Aunt looks at the huge house, "My word..this house is huge...what does he do for a living."

Hayden and Kara glance at each other,"He owns the car shop I work at...remember? And a couple other places."

The door finally opens.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:08 pm

Garrett opened the door, his lines ready, the food set, only to find not just Hayden and Kara, but another woman there. What the hell was this?

He smiled at the three of them, never quite appearing as put off as he felt, and drew Kara in for a hug. As soon as she was squished against his chest, he leaned down to her ear. "I thought I said only two," he whispered angrily.

"Oh, Garrett, the more the merrier," Kara grinned. She'd beat him at his own game, and it was obvious. He couldn't make an ass of himself in front of Sheryl. As bad as he was, he'd been brought up a gentleman, and he wasn't likely to break that rule now.

Garrett swallowed down his irritation and eyed the woman. She was older, but she was still attractive. And she had a smile on her face that he couldn't just ruin. Well, he'd have to turn on the charm. He'd get his chance some other night.

"I see we have a guest," he grinned, holding out his hand until her hand rested in his palm. Ignoring Hayden, he kissed the back of her hand with one sweeping gesture and gave her his best smile. "Garrett O'Byrne. What a fine surprise."
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:12 pm

Hayden eyed Garrett kissing his Aunt's hand, Sheryl smiled at Garrett "I am sorry to crash your dinner, I ended up surprising Hayden visiting him, came all the way from Arizona and wow your house is amazing."

As she walked in, Hayden walked in behind Kara and watched as Garrett showed off his house to his Aunt, who hung on to his every word. Aunt Sheryl finally excused herself and went to find the washroom. Hayden looks back at Garrett and to Kara, "Now I can see why you wanted me to bring her along, well played."

He kisses her on the cheek, right in front of Garrett and goes over to his bar area and pours out a bourbon, taking a shot. It was needed.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:22 pm

Garrett grimaced at the two and crossed his arms over his chest. "Well, let it never be said my sister ain't a smart one. In some areas."

Kara glared at him, and he shook his head. "I'll make sure I'm on my best behavior tonight. In hindsight, I guess it's good I didn't poison the steaks."

Without a word more, he turned back to the doorway to wait for Sheryl.
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:33 am

Hayden sat down next to Kara, as his Aunt sat next to Garrett.

Garrett walked in and set down steaks, potatoes and carrots. Everyone helped themselves and sat in complete awkwardness. Hayden would glance to Kara now and then, he took a sip of his wine when he felt a hand run up his thigh.

He swallowed and remained calm, but did move the hand away. He looks at Garrett, "So...,what's new?"
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:45 am

Garrett waited until he'd chewed his chunk of steak and swallowed before answering. "Business, as usual," he answered, a smile as fake as the tits on the woman he'd banged the night before. "You know, kid, we could really use them math whiz skills you got. Helped a lot more than I'd like to admit."

Kara sent him a glare from across the table. Were Sheryl out of the picture, she'd rip him a new one, and Garrett knew this. He was toying with Hayden. Grinning from ear to ear.

Sheryl, as expected, piped up at Garrett's words, and beamed at her nephew. "Math, Hayden?"

Garrett lifted his glass of wine. "Oh, yes, ma'am," he drawled, his Southern charm oozing from his lips. "You got yourself a smart boy."

Turning his gaze to Hayden, he took a swig of his wine. "Speaking of, just how are you winning that bread for your lady these days?"
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:48 am

Hayden looked at Garrett, understanding full well what he was doing and took his glass back into his hand, "Well you know, this one says math skills when really it's simple adding and subtracting. A little too complicated for some I guess...but I am sure in time, you will get there buddy."

He took a drink of his wine.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:55 am

Sheryl looked a little confused, half smiling as if she'd walked into a joke and hadn't quite gotten the punch line, and Garrett knew he was in the clear. It showed in his satisfied secret grin as he peered into his wine glass with a shake of his head.

Kara knew this wouldn't end any time soon, and stirring up Garrett wouldn't get anywhere. Even if her brother had been the one to start it. Her hand drifting back to his lap, she gave his crotch a squeeze. His breath caught in his throat, and she watched his cheeks begin to pinken. Then, releasing her hold, she went back to her steak.

"Well, keep sweet talking me, GQ," Garrett laughed, twirling his knife in his hand with the grace of someone who's done it many times before. "Use words like that and I might just think you're man enough for my baby sister."
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:01 am

Hayden looked at Garrett, "Because you know all about that right? Being a man, oh but I don't want to discuss private things around my Aunt."

Sheryl looks at him, "What is the problem? Do you not approve of them dating? They were lovely when they came to visit me two weeks ago, so in love." She smiled at them.

Hayden looks to Garrett, then to Aunt "It's fine, he's just having a tough time admitting that another man is in his sisters life and he can't get over his macho ego about it."

He eats his steak, Aunt looks at him,"What is he talking about...though? Are you having trouble with money? I knew you shouldn't have sent me anything Hayden, you need it for yourself."
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:10 am

Of course the little shit was having trouble with money. Had he even found another job yet? Kid had dropped out of college after but a few weeks of working for Garrett's boys. Some man that was. Some man that could give Kara all she needed.

But this woman, this lovely woman, had Garrett gritting his teeth. He couldn't just jump across the table and bust the kid up. And, lo and behold, she was speaking of money troubles. No fucking wonder Hayden had been so desperate.

And now Hayden was desperate himself, and probably hanging from whatever tattered remains were left of his pride. Garrett almost empathized with the kid. Almost.

Leaning forward, Garrett pressed his lips into a thin line and focused his warm, brown gaze on Sheryl.

"Ma'am, I ain't trying to get in your business, but I know where you might be coming from," he said from across the table, his words tender, and for the most part, true. He'd give her the money she needed. He had more than enough.

"If some cash is what you need, all you got to do is ask for it."
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:13 am

Hayden looks at Garrett, about to punch him right in the face. Kara stood up just as Hayden did, putting her hands on his chest. He looks at her, "I'm done with this fake attempt at trying to get along. Get the fuck over it...you fucking hypocrite." He snaps at Garrett, knowing full well his Aunt was there.

Sheryl looks at this,"I..,I actually have to use the washroom again." She gets up and walks away to give them their space. Hayden looks at Garrett, "There you go, she's gone now, you have the floor to say what you've been trying to...all night!"
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:29 am

"Excuse me for trying to help the woman!" Garrett roared, stalking nearer until they were feet apart. Kara wedged an arm between them.

"Garrett-"

"That was fucking sincere and I don't give a shit what you think," Garrett continued on, not even bothering to fight her restraint, his finger in the air and inches from Hayden's chest. "And I don't approve of y'all, and it's obvious. Maybe I don't want to lose my sister, but I'd rather lose her to someone who ain't got blood on his hands. Someone who's got the balls to tell me the truth no matter what my goddamned sister says."

"Since when would the truth change anything?" Kara challenged him, her eyes narrowing into tiny slits as she looked up at her brother. "You're the boss. You've got your rules. If he said he didn't want that third visit, you'd send him anyway-"

"I'd fucking make sure he got demoted," Garrett roared back. "He'd be back on cars. Back on the math and keeping his goddamned mouth shut. He wouldn't have been selling in the first place."

"And yet you didn't warn him what he'd have to do!" Kara spat.

"Oh, I think he fucking knew," Garrett grimaced, his eyes shooting back to Hayden. "He fucking knew a lot of shit he wasn't supposed to do. Didn't see him stopping, neither."
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:33 am

"No it didn't but she is right, it's not me. It was fun while it lasted but I am done with it. I am not a bad guy, you know this for a fact Garrett, I saved your life. I wanted to tell you about us, many times...but you have to trust in your sister that she isn't with some douchebag. All those times we went out, I never once hit on any women,meanwhile you had 12 all over you...maybe now you can see why? Because I am in love with your sister."

Hayden looks at him.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:43 am

What was Garrett supposed to say? To argue love? And his lack of true response only angered him further. Every word, every argument he wanted to say, ran through his mind in fiery red letters. Hot with hurt, and disappointment, and betrayal.

You were my brother. I killed for you. I gave you the life you wished you'd had.

Instead, he was reduced to a glare that crushed every little sound in the room, from the grandfather clock ticking away in the corner to the creak of the floorboard beneath Kara's faltering steps, to absolute nothingness. Complete and utter silence. Garrett's single most biting glare had the power to make big men run and plead for mercy. And this glare was no different.

Until Kara made a strangled sound from somewhere in the back of her throat, and her hand shot to her mouth. She let out a strained whimper, eyes wide, and darted off towards the bathroom.
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:48 am

Hayden and Garrett both watched her run off, Sheryl was just coming out of the washroom when Kara pushed her way in and threw right up in the toilet.

"Well...if that isn't a sign that this dinner is over, I don't know what is. Thanks for nothing Garrett, Kara..." He goes over to the washroom, looking in.

"Are you really sick or faking it to get out of here?" Hayden looks at her, seeing actual vomit. "Never mind, I can answer it myself. Let's go..." He helps her to her feet and Sheryl bids good bye to Garrett, thanking him for a lovely meal.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:00 am

Kara couldn't explain the feeling, but obviously everyone else was fine. Had she eaten a bad piece of steak? Was it something before they left? All she'd had was a bowl of cereal. And that had been around midnight the night before. She burned more carbs than she consumed, lately, what with the benefits of living with Hayden and all the sex in between.

Garrett was right on her trail, looming behind her as Hayden's arm wrapped around the small of her waist, guiding her to the car.

His voice, directed at her now, was suddenly soft. The glare was gone. "You all right, Kar?"

She knew he cared. Yet she didn't want it. Not now. Not after he'd ruined the night. Sheryl's night, nonetheless. She wanted to impress Sheryl. Show her two loving, living parents with a white picket fence and a dog and a brother whose only crime might have been as simple as a speeding ticket. But, no. She should have known Garrett wouldn't be able to hold his nature in for that long. And it had exploded as she'd known it would.

"I'm fine," she ground out through gritted teeth. "I don't think I need to see you anymore, Garrett. It's useless."

Without even turning back to catch his answering stare, she leaned in closer to Hayden and nodded toward Sheryl. "Let's go home."
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:20 am

They got home and Kara went to straight to bed. Hayden was in the living room, watching tv with his Aunt as he handed her a beer.

Aunt looked at him, "Hayden, what is it that Garrett does? I know it's something illegal?"

He looked at her, "If you know then why do you need me to answer it?"

Aunt gasped and put a hand over her mouth, "Hayden, I knew moving to a big city would do this."

He looks at her, "I know...,it was wrong but I liked it. It's hard to explain but I quit, I'm not doing it anymore. Kara doesn't like it anyways."

Sheryl looks at him,"Are you in school?"

Hayden looks at her, "No."

Aunt looks away mad, Hayden sees that "I'm going to figure it out..." Aunt stands up, "Figure it out, how are you going to pay your bills Hayden?"

"I have money saved up, enough to last me a couple months and then I'll get something. Maybe do modeling like you always joked around about me doing, I might as well..."

"You're meant for a lot more Hayden, you're ruining your life!" She says, looking at him. He looks at her, "I am not ruining it, I wanted to...make it on my own and I did, what's wrong with that?"

"If you don't see what is wrong with it Hayden, then I have nothing else to say." She says, walking away and into the guest room. Hayden sits on his couch, thinking women are crazy and drinks his beer. Later on, he sneaks into the bed next to Kara and closes his eyes to go to sleep.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:26 am

Kara shifted onto her side to watch Hayden, and his eyes clenched tighter when he felt her stir. "Want to talk about it?"
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:26 am

Hayden opened his eyes and looked at her, "Talk about what?"
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:28 am

Kara groaned. "Don't play dumbass. I heard. Frankly, she's right. You want to look for a job, I'll help."

Doesn't help that you dropped out, she added mentally, but didn't dare add that to the conversation. It wouldn't be helping anyone, and moreover, it was obvious.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:52 pm