The Vampire Diaries

A forum set up for discussion on the hit CW show The Vampire Diaries.

An Illicit Attraction: A Roleplay

PuppyWithATutu

Re: An Illicit Attraction: A Roleplay

Post  PuppyWithATutu on Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:28 am

Kara felt her cheeks reddening all the more, and it wasn't from embarrassment. She found herself wanting to jump into his arms and kiss him breathless. And that was exactly what she did.

Pulling away, she gave him a beaming smile. "Then that's exactly what we'll do."
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore on Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:33 am

They carried on through the week, Hayden still hadn't killed anyone. His second visits where enough to scare most people, he had been lucky.

It was Thursday and Garrett saw him heading out, "GQ..."

Hayden looked back at him,"I'm going to see family man, I told you about it..."

Garrett walked over and shook his head,"I'm all for it...but when you get back on Tuesday. I need you to see Robinson."

Hayden knew what that meant, Garrett gave a nod "It will be your third visit..."

Hayden gave a nod and just left, he was really stuck now. He was getting into this too deep but he couldn't stop, he didn't want to stop.

He waited for Kara to show up, as he packed a few last minute things.
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu on Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:42 am

Kara slung her bag over her shoulder, having just been shopping for some more respectable clothes to wear in Sheryl's presence, and it was filled to the max with said clothes. All except for the small pile of lingerie on the bottom for Hayden's eyes alone.

When Hayden's car pulled up to their meeting spot, she rushed up to greet him and planted a kiss on his lips the moment he stepped out to grab her bag.

The moment she stepped away, though, she thought she saw a frown tugging at the corner of his lips. Disheartened, she placed a hand on his chest before he could get back behind the wheel. "Everything okay?"
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore on Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:44 am

He gave a nod, "Fine baby, come on...traffic is going to be a bitch." They got in and drove off, "Do I even want to ask what you said to your brother...on where you're going?"
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu on Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:55 am

Kara grinned. "I told him I was staying at a friend's over in San Fran. And that I'd stay there until he stopped being such an asshole."

Hayden laughed at that.

"Come to think of it, we might never leave Yuma," she added. Fingering the bracelet around her wrist, Kara found herself frowning. Had she bought anything with long sleeves? Did his aunt approve of tattoos? Why did Kara even care?

Kara returned her gaze to the window as Hayden drove them out of East LA. She hadn't met a boyfriend's family since she'd been nearly sixteen. She'd been innocent, naive to what her brother did to keep the bills paid, and separated from the guilty knowledge of it all. She missed those days. The days before that fucking party. The days when Garrett could trust her enough to let her out alone. Those days were gone.

To keep herself distracted, Kara reached for the volume to Hayden's car stereo and let the music distract her from her worries.
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore on Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:01 am

It was a few hours later and Hayden pulled up to the side of the street. Before she got out, he looked at her, "My aunt is going to like you, she's not some religious nut job...okay? I can tell you're thinking about because you keep trying to hide the tattoos, I like those...so show them."

He kissed her, pulling off "Also, as you can imagine...she does not know I quit school. I rather it stay that way."

He gets out and grabs his bag, along with Kara's. As soon as he did, the door opened and his Aunt came over and gave him a hug, he hugged back with his free hand and she looked to Kara, "Who the fuck is this?" She said straight faced and then burst out laughing.
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu on Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:05 am

Kara stared at Sheryl for a moment before realizing she'd made a joke. Feeling as if she were playing a game for which the rules were all unknown to her, Kara forced an awkward laugh. Okay, Aunt Sheryl was pretty cool.

Kara held out her hand, then pulled it right back. What was this, a business meeting? God, she was rusty at this.

"It's so nice to meet-"

Before she could finish, Hayden's bubbly aunt rushed forward and swallowed Kara's body in a hug.
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore on Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:13 am

Aunt Sheryl broke off and looked at Kara, "Oh you're like one of those..rocker chicks huh? Well, Hayden did move to L.A. but hey, I partied back in my day...did a little acid."

"Let's not...go over that." Hayden said, as they moved inside. His aunt had two children of her own, one was older than Hayden and the other younger. "Anyone else over yet..?"

"They will be later tonight, oh Hayden...look at your hand." Aunt Sheryl said, going over to him and holding his right hand, seeing his knuckles. Hayden took it back, "Got into a fight...if it makes you feel better, I did kick the guys ass."

Sheryl looks at him,"I don't like you fighting..." Hayden just heads to the basement, "Nice car also..."

"I did a couple modeling gigs to make some extra money...took your advice." He says, heading downstairs. Sheryl looks at Kara, "I always told him wasting his time with school, the kid is good looking...of course his father was hot too."

PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu on Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:18 am

Kara gaped at the woman before her, suddenly seeing her much more as a peer than as a parental figure. College, a waste of time? That was a new one. And she had to hand it to Hayden, he'd had his lies stacked up nicely. He delivered them with an almost scary precision.

At the mention of his father, Kara found herself insanely curious. She wanted the family pictures. The photographs of Hayden wobbling about as a dark-haired young boy with blinding, blue eyes. She wanted the whole mushy, giggly experience.

Deciding not to voice that thought just yet, Kara smiled politely. "I would love to have met him."
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore on Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:28 am

Hayden comes back upstairs, "Meet who?" as he made his way to the kitchen. Aunt Sheryl answered,"Your father..."

Grabbing a beer from the fridge and handing one to Kara, who was hesitant on taking it He rolled his eyes and shoved it into her hand. Finally he replied, "He would have liked you, I know exactly what he would say..."

"Do I want to repeat it with my Aunt in the room, no..." He said, drinking his beer. Sheryl looked at him,"No beer for me?"

He gave her the one he had opened and grabbed another, they sat down and relaxed. Hayden looked at some of the stuff on her coffee table, "So, how's it been...?"

Sheryl sighed, "You know, it's going..." He nods, "Work?" Sheryl smiled, "That's fine, got some more hours..."

"How is school?" She asked, drinking her beer. He replied, "Doing okay, tough semester..."

"I am so proud of you, you know Kara...Hayden was determined to move to L.A., so happy you did. You can tell you're meant for more than this small town." She said, Hayden just smiled politely.

She heard a beep, "Oh, I was making a pie for later..." She gets up to go check it. He looks at Kara, like don't say anything and then looks at the table again, he sees a letter. He moves it open and it says she has been laid off.

"One second..." He gets up and goes into the kitchen, "Thought you said more hours?" He said quietly to her, Sheryl looks at this, "You're going through my mail?" He looks at her,"I knew something was up...do you need money?"

Sheryl looks at him,"I am going to be fine, these things happen...everyone is losing their job." Hayden looked at her concerned, Sheryl looks at him, "You're here and it's my birthday, no talking about money...okay?" She walks off again to go use the washroom.

This is what kept him going back to Garrett, growing up with no money and wanting to take care of the woman who did her best to give him everything. He comes back out and sits back next to Kara,"So...what do you want to do? Not much to really show you in this town."
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu on Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:36 am

Knowing Hayden was bothered by something, Kara found it hard not to hound him on it. But she relented. He wasn't up for talking, and she knew better than to push it. This visit was to get away from all their problems, not drag the drama with them.

Kara stretched her hand between them and locked her fingers through his own. With a smile, she beckoned him to stand. "Show me around your old home."
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore on Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:39 am

Hayden did show her around, finally ending up in the basement. Posters on the wall of bands and a couple girls, their was even a picture frame, inside was a picture of him and some blond goddess.

He sees that,"Yeah..that's old, girlfriend I had before I moved." Taking it and removing it, looking at it one last time and then tore it up. He looks at her, "I did tell you my Aunt would like you..."
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu on Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:00 pm

Kara chuckled, the tension rolling off of her in waves. "I like your aunt, too. She's... spunky."

Hayden could only laugh at that. That was one of the many words to describe the bubbly woman upstairs tending to her pie. Kara felt an odd sort of acceptance here, and it was nice. People weren't just nice to her because they knew her family name. They were nice because there was warmth in their hearts. They were nice because they were simply that welcoming.

Of course, she hadn't met the others yet.

Taking Hayden's hand in hers, she led him towards the bed he'd spent half of his life sleeping in. After all this time, it still smelled of him. And all of it was untouched.

He sat down next to her, and she instinctively burrowed her head against his chest. "Thanks for taking me here," she smiled. "Away. It's peaceful here. Nice."
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore on Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:01 pm

Hayden looks at her, "I want you to just..be yourself, no one here is going to judge you. I can show you around town later, show you what I used to do on dates...when their wasn't a lot of options."

He kissed her and as he moved her more down on his bed, you heard a knock upstairs. The sound of someone coming in and little feet moving around. Suddenly Hayden's door was busted open and Hayden quickly sat up straightening his jeans, when a little girl no more than 5 came down, holding the railing extra careful.

"Uncle Hayden..." She said excited, running up to him and he stood up giving her a hug. "Jenny...couldn't wait for me to come upstairs?"

She shook her hand in his arms and he set her down, he looks at Kara "Jenny this is my girlfriend Kara..."

Jenny looked at Kara, "Hi..." She said, somewhat shy. Hayden looks at Kara, "My older cousin, my Aunt's kid...,this is her kid. My Aunt also has another kid, who is 16. That should be...everyone I can think of."
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu on Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:11 pm

Kara smiled down at the little girl and stooped to greet her. "Hi, Jenny. It's nice to meet you."

She smiled back shyly, choosing Hayden's side as a lifeline, and Kara couldn't help but eat up the sight of how he was around kids. And yet here he was, with this job.

Before Kara could say anything else, the thundering sound of footsteps alerted them all to another visitor. The other kid, Kara assumed.

The door swung open further, and Kara found a boy about the age of sixteen peering through, and when he found her with flushed cheeks, his grin turned salacious.
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore on Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:01 am

Hayden looks up and sees the kid as well, "Dylan..come get Jenny, instead of doing whatever it is you are doing."

The kid walked downstairs, in rock tshirt and jeans. His hair was long but tied back, he looked at Hayden who stared back and then burst out laughing. Dylan goes up to him and tries to punch him, Hayden easily blocks him and kicks the kid to the ground.

Kid yells out,"Truce..." Hayden helps him back up, "Don't you think..maybe time for a hair cut?" He finally says, Dylan looks at Kara, "Chicks dig long hair.."

"Not this chick..." Hayden scolds him, "Uh...she has tattoos and looks like a metal chick, I am sure she does."

Dylan looks at Kara,"When you want to ditch the zero..and get with the hero, I'll be here."

"Kara...this is my idiotic cousin Dylan, Sheryl's youngest kid." Hayden says, finally. Dylan smiles at Kara and then looks at Hayden, "Still sneaking girls into your room...?"

"Still sneaking joints into yours?" Hayden replied, Dylan smirks "Well played sir..."

"Joint?" Jenny says, Hayden looks at Dylan "See, look what you did...take her upstairs."

Jenny starts to get sad, Hayden looks at her "I will be upstairs soon." Jenny gives up and goes up with Dylan. Hayden goes back up to Kara, "Now...,where were we?"
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu on Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:41 pm

Kara laughed and swatted at Hayden's chest. "We should go upstairs and see if we can help your aunt with dinner," she reminded him, brushing past him to the door.

Just when she reached it, she turned to look back at him with a playful smirk. "Sneaking girls into your room, Mr. Sommers? Just what am I going to do with you?"
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore on Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:28 am

Hayden followed her back upstairs and when they come into the living room, the older cousin he mentioned, a woman who looked 27 and had red hair. She came over to him and they greeted each other.

"Mom told me you brought home a girl, nice to meet you...I'm Selene." She said, holding her hand out to shake Kara's.
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu on Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:50 am

Kara placed her hand into Selene's and returned the shake. "It's nice to meet you, too," she replied. "I'm Kara."
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore on Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:54 am

Selene smiles and walks off, Aunt comes over to Hayden and asks him to grab the table they need to use from the garage, it's heavy.

"Dylan...,come on." Hayden says, putting his shoes on. Dylan is on the couch, ipod in his ears. Hayden goes over and kicks his foot. Dylan looks at Hayden,"Screw that...I'm not lifting that."

Dylan eyes Kara, Hayden pulls him by the shirt and forces him out the door. Selene looks at Kara, she's slightly suspicious, "So, tell me about yourself...?"
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu on Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:00 am

Kara wavered on her answer. There wasn't much she could say. "Uh, I live in LA," she finally replied, treading as carefully as she could. "I major in English at UCLA; hope I'll get a teaching job after that."
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore on Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:03 am

Selene looked at her and wondered what kind of teacher she would be, with tattoos all over her. She gave a smile, "That sounds...very nice, Hayden really seems to like you. I guess he got over Katie faster than I thought he would."

Sheryl was in the kitchen cooking away, Selene looked at Kara.
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu on Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:12 am

Kara forced a smile. She knew what Selene was trying to do, and she wasn't fooling anyone. She wasn't sure why she was getting the bitch treatment, but the hell if she was going to invade Hayden's privacy. If there was a Katie, he could tell her later. She wouldn't pry about it behind his back. No matter how curious she was.

"And I really like Hayden," Kara replied, purposefully ignoring Selene's last sentence and brushing past her towards the kitchen's entrance. "I'm going to wash up and see if Sheryl needs any help," she called back with a smile as fake as she could muster. "We can finish this conversation while we work?"
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore on Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:19 am

Hour later, they were sitting around the table. A feast and drinks, present handing out time. Hayden gave in his, having the same excited face as when he was a kid and gave her a present.

Sheryl pats his cheek affectionately and opens it up, it was a top of the line electric mixer. Sheryl looks at him, "Hayden, this is...you didn't have to get me something so expensive."

"It's the one you always talked about..." He says, Sheryl looks at him, "You didn't...." He looks at her, "Just say you like it..." Sheryl nods and smiles, "I love it, thank you."

Selene looks at Hayden, "How much do you get paid?" Hayden looks at her, "Enough..." They ate some more and finally it was much later, he was going to take Kara out for the night.

He packed up the pick up truck, bottle of wine and some glasses. They drove off and he came up to the woods, they walked as he led the way,holding her hand to a clearing and their was a bridge.

The bridge looked to a waterfall, he looks at her "This was my make out spot, if you will...I didn't do the dinner and movie thing, of course most of the time I was just looking to get laid."

He looks at her, setting the bottle and glasses on the railing.
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu on Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:27 am

Kara grinned and overlooked the bridge, her eyes resting on the water. "How romantic," she laughed, jabbing Hayden in the side with her elbow. She couldn't lie to herself and say that she didn't want to ask about Katie, but it was all up to Hayden. He didn't know of any of the men in Kara's past, so she had no room to talk.

She leaned against the bridge and turned her face to Hayden. "This is nice. I mean, I hated to leave the love fest with Selene, but she'll just have to suffer in silence while her new bestie is gone."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:51 pm