The Vampire Diaries

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Vampire Diaries

A forum set up for discussion on the hit CW show The Vampire Diaries.

2 posters

An Illicit Attraction: A Roleplay

PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

An Illicit Attraction: A Roleplay - Page 14 Empty Re: An Illicit Attraction: A Roleplay

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:09 pm

Childish, yes, but it did the trick. Selene didn't look so uncomfortable. Garrett grinned and swam back, just in time for her to skim her flattened hand along the surface of the water and splash him right back.

He wiped his hair back away from his eyes and smiled. "God, when's the last time I went swimming? I forgot how nice it is. With a beautiful woman, no less."
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

An Illicit Attraction: A Roleplay - Page 14 Empty Re: An Illicit Attraction: A Roleplay

Post  Sharon Salvatore Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:10 pm

Selene looks at him,"Let me guess, you don't do much swimming with other girls in here huh?"
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:12 pm

Garrett laughed. "No, but I think we spend more time in the bedroom than in the pool." He paused. "But you're not other women. What you say goes. You just got robbed. This is helping, right? You're less stressed, I get to see you in a bikini... I say the night had a nice turn-around."
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:17 pm

She looks at him, "Yeah...I guess I can see your point, have you ever been in relationship?"
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:22 pm

Garrett fell silent. He had. Her name was Melissa. They'd been eighteen and wild, high school sweethearts turned graduates. Then she'd had to move. Then, the next week, his father had offed himself. His girl was gone, his parents were dead, and he had a sister to take care of. Their long distance relationship had dwindled to nothing. No one had anything to say. Garrett thought it was better that way. He was fucked, girl or no girl. He'd do nothing but drag her down.

"Yeah," he answered honestly, going for the shortest answer he could. "Been in love, too, once upon a time. That surprise you?"
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:24 pm

She looks at him, they were swimming close to each other. "No, it doesn't." Finally, before anything got more awkward, "Thanks, this was fun..." She got out of the pool, grabbing a towel.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:27 pm

Garrett had known she'd move away. But he just wanted closer. When she climbed out, he knew it was the end of things. It was late. She'd be headed for a shower, then bed. His thoughts lingered on the word shower.

Good thing he was still in the pool.

He wanted to be a good host. To tell her to help herself to the food in the cupboards, to the wine in the fridge, to everything else he could offer. He settled for a soft, "no problem."

He doubted she'd even heard him. He watched her wrap herself in the towel he'd laid out and leaned against the edge of the pool, his arms crossed atop the tile. He decided to call out one last thing.

"Good night, Selene."

Last edited by PuppyWithATutu on Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:29 pm

She just walked back inside and to her room, she has a shirt of his laid out for her like she asked. Closing the door and stood next to it, what was the point of all this she thought? She was leaving, starting up something with him, would make no sense.

Not to mention the elephant in the room, Hayden.

-----------------------------------------------

Next morning, she woke up. Perhaps they could be friends? What Hayden did was his own fault, he had to take responsbility. This man gave her money, it would help her mother. She had a shower, got into his shirt which was massive on her. Jeans as well.

She found his kitchen, which was a dream. She loved to cook, she moved around the kitchen making eggs, bacon and french toast. She munched on some cooked bacon, as she kept making more.

Of course, she finally went to go make some coffee but the machine was very high tech, she couldn't figure out how to turn the darn thing on. She was getting annoyed, when she saw a finger push the button and she looked to see him.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:40 pm

At the smell of bacon, Garrett rose. He'd been beat to the quick. He rounded the corner to the bathroom, pulling his shirt over his head, and finished buttoning his jeans. He'd take the shower later. He was hungry.

"Well, now, you wake me up like this, I might just have to make you my wife," he joked, walking towards the coffee maker she'd pointed out. Coffee maker trouble. Such a mundane, domestic task.

He peered into the maker beneath the lid where the grounds sat. "Shit, I ain't never even took the plastic off," he laughed, peeling at the edges of the machine and giving it a tug. "I think you flip this thing and then press the button."

Fuck should he know. Chocolate was the one who'd put it there. They'd gotten drunk one night and decided it was bright idea to put a coffee maker in the kitchen. Actually, it had been in the bathroom when they'd woken up with hangovers. Because everyone liked to brew a fresh cup of joe while they were on the john. It was common alcoholic knowledge.

After the pressing of a few buttons, the coffee started to drip. Garrett pumped a fist in the air. "Success!"
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:44 pm

Selene looks at him, "Or just get a normal coffee maker, but no, money bags has to have high tech right?"

She finished the food, set it all out. "This is me saying thank you, for...the money and letting me stay here last night."
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:47 pm

Damn, she'd cooked up the works. Garrett's stomach grumbled. He looked up at Selene. She'd already pulled out her chair, so he did the most he could by standing until she sat down first. Then, plopping down on the chair, he took a sip from the orange juice she'd laid out. He hardly remembered having orange juice.

"Doll, I didn't expect a thing for helping, but this I like," he smiled, picking up a fork and digging into his eggs. "You're pretty damned special, woman."
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:49 pm

She looks at him,"Because I can cook eggs?I suddenly feel really sad for you." She eats, wasn't shy about it either, she was not a salad type of girl.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:53 pm

Garrett scoffed. "Not just because of the eggs." He didn't elaborate. It was pretty clear he wanted her. Liked her. She puzzled him, and in some ways, she got him. And sometimes she annoyed the everloving shit out of him, and he kept coming back. If that wasn't being committed to a chase, he didn't know what was.

She knew how to eat, too. She wasn't a prissy. "You know, I can't tell you how many dates I get with a woman who nibbles on some lettuce and says she's full," he went on with a shake of his head. "And no, women like that, they don't cook. They think the sex is good enough for me. Which it is."

Well, that was information overload. Feeling like he'd purged a bit too much, he went back to his meal.
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:55 pm

She looks at him, "All that sex I think clouds your brain." She ended that sentence, with some giggles. What was that? Giggles? She sighed, "This is really complicated, you know that right? Why are you making it complicated?"

She drank some more coffee.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:59 pm

Garrett met her gaze. He smiled. "Apologies, ma'am. I'll try to make this less complicated."

He set down his fork, having scarfed down his meal in seconds. His eyes never left hers. "To uncomplicate things, I'll lay it out there that I like spending time with you. You hate my guts, yes, but somehow that's beside the point."

He studied her further. Would she smack him for what he said next?

"Second, well, I lied."

That caught her attention. Her eyes narrowed. "Your car's ready. It was ready last night. I just wanted a little extra time with you. You said it yourself it wouldn't hurt nothing. Nonetheless, I don't make a habit of lying, so... my bad."
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:23 am

Selene looks at him and takes the orange juice, that he was going to drink and throws it in his face. "God for bid you become a liar, on top of everything else! I want my car here in 15 minutes and I am so gone."

She walks off and goes to her room, grabbing her make up bag and her tank top and then money, goes back downstairs and waits at the front door for her car.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:46 am

Garrett let the orange juice burn his eyes. Let it stain the tabletop and ruin his clothes. He deserved it.

Being honest with women about being dishonest before? What a laugh. He should have kept that one to himself.

After a brief moment, he got up and walked down the hall. His shower would be waiting. Just as he passed the front door, he heard her phone ringing. Well, that could only be a few people.

Her muffled voice answered through the door. He strained to listen. First lying, now eavesdropping, but he figured what the hell. She was gone, and he'd fucked up.

"I know, sweetie. Listen, Mommy's just got to do one thing and then I'm home." Silence. "Yes, I'll tell Hayden you said hi."

In seconds, he heard a car being pulled into the driveway. JohnBoy was here, as promised, with her car in tow. He heard her saying a few last things to her daughter, and then came opening of a car door. A moment later, he heard her pulling away. If her attitude was any indication, JohnBoy wouldn't be stopping in to ask Garett how it went.

More silence. JohnBoy, too, drove away.

Smiling to himself, Garrett thought things over. She was off to see Hayden again before leaving for good. If he timed things right, he'd get one thing done for her before she wrote him off permanently. At the very least, it would be a hell of an apology.
    -----

If someone had told Garrett he'd be walking into the Toys"R"Us store looking for a super awesome toy for a six year old girl, he'd have thought them insane. Yet here he was. This place was humongous. What did six year old girls even like?

He paused in the entrance, letting his eyes scan the place. A doll house? Did girls even still play with doll houses? He found himself wishing he could ask Kara. She'd know. She loved kids and knew them well. Was going to have one of her own.

Pushing the thought away, he stepped up to a woman in employee garb and offered her a smile. "Got a question, doll."

The woman smiled. She was attractive, too. And judging by the flush of her cheeks upon looking at him, she thought the same about him. No matter. He was after Selene.

"Ask away," she beamed.

Garrett ran a hand over his beard. "Well, a friend of mine, she'd got this daughter. She's six. I don't know a thing about kids, much less what's out these days. Thought you might tell me what'll make her the most pimp-ass kid on the block."

Jessica laughed. "Well, is she more of the girly girl type, or more for adventure?"

Garrett grimaced. "To be honest, I ain't never met her." He eyed her name tag. Gal's name was Jessica. "But if she's anything like her mama, girly's not the word for her."

Jessica giggled. "Fair enough. We've got a new shipment of some things this morning. I mean, fresh on the market, really modern."

She said all this as she walked away from him, her arm curled for him to follow. He did. "That all sounds nice, Jessica. I'm thinking only the best of the best."

Jessica glanced back and eyed his outfit. "I'm guessing price isn't a concern for you?"

"Not at the moment," he winked.

They stopped in between aisles sporting Justin Bieber posters and Nerf balls and little something-or-others and Garrett stared down at the box by his feet.

"Behold, the pink, decked out, bedazzled Lamborghini," Jessica grinned.

Garrett actually laughed. Out loud. "You're kidding me."

"I'm not," Jessica replied, bending down almost too enthusiastically, giving him a view of a tight but flat ass. He could only think it didn't add up to Selene's. Damn, what had this woman done to him?

She turned the box to face him. "Suicide doors, a working AM/FM radio, and she can plug her MP3 player up to it, too. Seriously. It's wicked cool. My little sister wants one so bad." He caught her frowning now. "Might just get one for Christmas if I can save up enough. It's tough. College loans and all."

Garrett reached into his pocket. "Sugar, I'm pressed for time here, but you've been one damned good helper." He checked out the price tag above the box, just large enough to get into Selene's car, he hoped, and opened up his wallet. He withdrew three hundred dollar bills, reached for her hand, and slapped them in her palm. "That should be enough."

Jessica stared down at the money, puzzled. "Oh, well I need to ring it up first."

Garrett shook his head. "I'll take it on down to the register. That's yours." His spirits now lifted to some point of euphoria over doing something so good, and the fact that this woman was benefiting him more than she could possibly know, he wrapped an arm around her shoulder, pulled her in, and planted a kiss on her forehead. "Merry Christmas, sweetheart."

Leaving Jessica stunned speechless and clutching the money for her own sister's present, he bent down, scooped up the box and made his way back down the aisle to pay.
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:56 am

Selene was sitting across from Hayden, he was telling her how his cell mate thinks he's Rob Lowe and the guy is huge, he's pretty much his bodyguard.

Selene looked at him,"Kara visit yet? She said she would."

"Nothing yet, she needs time..I get it. You leaving today?" He asked.

She gave a nod, "Jenny wanted me to say hi, I'm sorry Hayden."

He gave a smile,"It is what it is, safe drive back."

---------------------------------------------------------------

She walked out of the prison and over to her car, she saw Garrett. She storms over and before she can say anything, he holds up a box, a toy car for her daughter. She looks at this, looks at him. Leaning in, she gives him a kiss on the lips. It didn't need to be explained or why she felt like doing it, she knew the guy liked her and he kept trying.

She broke off and just gave him a look, a smile and took the gift, got into her car and drove off.

PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:14 am

Kara had dreaded this for weeks, but it was time. Her anger was still there, yes, but it had subsided. She loved Hayden more than anything. And instead of being there for him, she'd been holed up in their apartment, thinking of baby names and crying herself to sleep because she couldn't just curl up next to Hayden and asked which ones he liked.

The officers searched her before letting her in, and she had to abandon her purse at the front desk. They allowed her the thing she wanted to carry with her most, though, and she clutched it to her chest as she walked through the doors to wait for Hayden.

She heard his footsteps before she heard him. The clinking of handcuffs. Saw his head bowed just outside the window as they removed his restraints. And then they led him through.

He looked thinner. His eyes were rimmed in deep hues that gave away his lack of sleep. Instantly, Kara's eyes threatened to brim with tears. Swallowing it all back, she lunged for him. She'd hold him until the guards had to pry them apart. And that's what she did.

She took him in, his scent, the contours of his shoulders, his back, his chest. God, how she'd missed just hugging him. Just by pressing her body against his own, kissing his neck, his lips and any skin that was allowed and letting him know that he was loved. And oh god, was he loved.

When the guards separated them, Kara brought a hand to her cheek and it came back wet. She smiled, though, at Hayden, when they took their seats across from each other. The ultrasound results lay in the crook of her folded arms as if she were already holding their baby.

Biting her lip to stop their quivering, Kara cleared her throat. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry I didn't come sooner. I was mad. But... baby, I love you so much. I'll do better. I have to do better."
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:19 am

Hayden looked at her, almost not believing his eyes that she was here. He didn't deserve a woman so perfect, he wished he could touch her more but he shook his head, "You have done nothing wrong Kara, don't talk like that. If you didn't come, I would understand...you deserve better and I took what we had for granted. I regret all of it but if I never set foot in that auto shop...I would never have met you."

He looks at her, "I don't care how corny that sounds, I have missed you so much."
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:28 am

Kara was crying now. She didn't try to hide it. "I've missed you, too," she whispered, dotting at her eyes as she spoke. Her gaze never left his. She wanted to remember him, keep him in her memory. The amazing blue hue of his eyes, the jaw, the lips. She'd commit every last piece of him to her memory like she'd never truly done before. She'd taken all their time alone for granted before. She wouldn't let that happen again. When he was out, she'd treasure every little moment. The good, the bad and the tough. She'd take them and cherish them all.

"And Hayden, you're a good man. Garrett saw you as a dollar sign and that was all that mattered. You made a mistake. We'll get you out."

Uttering her brother's name wasn't the brightest idea, but Kara hardly cared. Maybe the guards would care enough to do some searching, maybe they wouldn't. Garrett was the reason Hayden was here. He was the reason for so much.

She fiddled with the edges of the picture in her hand. It didn't seem right to just show him now. She needed to know one thing. "Hayden, have you been okay? I mean, you look well. You're thinner, but I guess that can't be helped..." She swallowed. "I guess I'm asking what I missed. I just need to know you're okay. It's all I've been thinking these past weeks."
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:31 am

He looks at her, "I'm okay, my cell mate thinks I'm Rob Lowe, so he's appointed himself as my bodyguard. Which is fine with me, the guy looks like he was a UFC wrestler. What is that you're holding?" He asked, curious.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:33 am

Kara smiled. His bodyguard sounded interesting. And Hayden did resemble the actor a bit. Then she glanced down at the picture in her lap.

"I'm six weeks in," she explained, picking it up and passing it across the distance between them. "I got this yesterday. We don't know the sex yet, of course, but... there it is. Our baby."
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:36 am

He looks at it, seeing the photo. How amazing he thought, the only word he could use to describe it. "Are you okay?" he finally said, looking at her, "School?It's almost done...you'll get a job? You'll be okay?"

PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:43 am

Kara nodded. "Yeah. I'll be fine. I got a job at this diner. After graduation, I can apply at some schools. I'm pretty psyched."

She didn't sound psyched, but she added a smile to make it all the more convincing. Life wasn't much without Hayden in it. She wondered how she'd fared before, being so alone. Not feeling. Flipping the pages of a magazine behind a desk while her brother dealt drugs. There came a small silence. Hayden knew she was faking her excitement. It was hard to get happy about things these days.

Then, her face brightened. "That copy is yours, if they'll let you keep it." She looked up at one of the guards questioningly, and he nodded. Smiling, she looked back at Hayden. "I'm thinking Emma, if it's a girl. I really can't think up any boy names. Maybe you'd be better at that. But I've always liked Emma."

She fingered her necklace, the dolphin pendant Hayden had gotten her, the one she'd sworn to never take off. "It was my mother's name."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:46 pm