The Vampire Diaries

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Vampire Diaries

A forum set up for discussion on the hit CW show The Vampire Diaries.

2 posters

The God and the Healer - RP

PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

The God and the Healer - RP - Page 11 Empty Re: The God and the Healer - RP

Post  PuppyWithATutu Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:45 pm

And there it is. The tears I'd been holding back all night spring forth from my eyes until my husband is nothing but a blur. That explains why Caius chose not to come in. He didn't want to face me.

I can feel the anger rising to the surface, but then another warmth spreads inside me. Niamh is sensing my distress. Our sweet Niamh, our demigod, our child who's so powerful even as she's tucked away inside my womb. My hand shoots to my stomach, soaking up the comfort she provides.

I can't make a scene. The more upset I get, the more power Niamh will bring forth. The more she'll chip away at our shield. I take a deep breath and wipe at my tears, doing my best to keep calm.

Lochlan can tell what I'm doing. "I can't even react," I whisper, as if that'll keep her from hearing the emotion in my voice. "We're stuck here, I haven't seen my family in over half a year, and I can't even feel my own emotions without worrying Niamh. I know you can feel her power, and you were worried about a Healer?" I stop myself and take another deep breath. "I get it. More people are dying over me, and yes, I'll choose Niamh, always. And I hate that I can't even hate you for this, because I get it. You killed an innocent man, and I hate myself, but I get it." I'm full-on crying now, and I can't help it. The warmth radiates through me again in response. "Lochlan, this is murder. He was like me."
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:57 pm

I look at her, "Cora, this man was not as innoncent as you make him out to be. It was not murder.  I am not going to second guess my decision to kill him. He wasn't going to stop! I did not murder anyone! He was exactly like you, refused to listen and refused to stop. Healers are not a god, I am and I make the decisions when it comes to them, it's my fucking job." I snap at her.

I go to walk and then I am back,"Another thing to bring up, I keep saying how I am a god and some times that seems to mean squat to you. My dimension ends the lives of those who are a threat, we don't see another side to it."

I regret the snap when I see her face, "I am sick of you looking to Caius like he is some saint. He lied to you your entire life and he chose to expose himself when he felt it was necessary. Warlocks are selfish." I take a second and continue "Oh but I know not Caius he gets a pass from you because of how many like him you have met. Remind me how many that is? It won't compare to my hundreds, since I have been around for 300 years, compared to your 27."

"I gave up everything too. I gave my beliefs and values to be with you! What I suggest in terms of a solution are not to be ignored, especially by my own wife."
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:15 pm

I want more than anything to respond, but I'm burning up inside. Niamh is freaking out. Her father is angry, I'm upset, and she can do nothing but send out her own waves of comfort. I wipe at my tears and stalk forward, my hand on my belly, hoping our daughter gets the message that things are fine. Or they will be when this is over.

"We're two fundamentally different people, Lochlan!" I argue, my distress causing my voice to shake. "You're the warrior and I'm the Healer. Do you think I disagree just to spite you? To dishonor you? You're my husband!"

I'm so frustrated I could scream. "Lochlan, I depend on Caius because I trust him. He's the only one who can leave this place and use his powers. He's watching over my family. Maybe we feel powerless right now, but it's not his fault. It was ours, the moment we decided to make this child."

He's still raging mad, I'm still crying, and I'm breaking out in a sweat. If we don't cool down, our daughter might just decide to arrive early to tell us to stop yelling and hug it out. I grab Lochlan's hand and place it on my stomach. I know he can feel the heat. He reads her messages, loud and clear.

"Do you feel that?" I ask him, my fingers digging into the flesh of his wrist as he palms my bump. "This is our daughter. You can kill for her, you can obliterate Earth off the map for her, but you can't tell me I'm not processing things the way I should. I'm hurting. A man is dead because he put us at risk, and he had family too. That hurts me. That hurts me more than I can say, no matter how much I understand it. You can fight and protect, and I'll do the same when the time comes, but for now, just let me hurt."
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:20 pm

I look at her, "Agree to disagree, is all I can say to this. We are different." I walk off and go upstairs. I hate seeing her so upset but I can't understand it. He wasn't going to stop.

I go and make a sandwich, I hear Cora finally come upstairs and I just make the food in silence. I hear her sit at the kitchen table, watching as I do it. I set her down a plate of food, she just stares at me. I look at back, "We are moving on. I am not talking about it anymore, eat."

I grab my own and watch tv, nothing is amiss for me.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:31 pm

I don't know what to say to him to make him understand. I know he did what he had to. I said as much to him. I eat slowly and sit in silence, looking up every now and then to check on my husband.

"You were protecting us," I murmur, pushing a piece of broccoli around on my plate with my fork. "I know you had no choice. I just wish..." I shake my head and set down my silverware. I can't seem to find the appetite. "I wish things were different."
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:48 pm

Eli

I laugh when the news is brought to me, Lochlan finally showed his face. He must really like this girl, more than he lets on. I know he would be after the power, he wants his dads spot and according to my sources, mommy dearest is who holds it now. My human, a young man no more than 20 was my little spy and I promised him a life with me, magic, you gotta love it.

I wipe my hands clean of the blood, the human lays dead beneath me and conjure up my plan. Lochlan is here and I want to have a little fun exposing him and his misses to the gods. He lied to me before, shame shame. He was so cute too.

Now my plan, the human informed me, before I killed him of course, he spied on Lochlan for me. Learning details about his life, a beauty seen talking to him outside of his wifes school. That is an interesting idea.

Pretend to be this Ava, maybe have some fun with My Liege before I ruin his life.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lochlan

It had been well over a week, I slept great but Cora did not. This stress was not good for her or the baby, "Enough of this Cora, it's not healthy for either of you. Niamh, I can feel your aggravation, that needs to stop."

Cora gets up and goes over to me, we haven't been intimate in awhile and when we have tried, it just felt different. We are different is something we both admitted, are we too different? Love each other yes, but will this be a constant thing? How often we disagree.

I tell her breakfast is downstairs and I am going out for a little while. I kiss her cheek and head out.

I stayed out for hours, pretending I had errands to do. I go into the bar finally for a quick drink and off I'll go. I sit down at the bar stool area, order my beer and watch the latest football game. "Well, Romeo...where is Juliet?" I hear, I look to see Ava and a few friends behind her. It doesn't take long until I am joining their table, shots and spilling out my marriage frustration to the ladies.

"You are insanely hot...I would do whatever you say." One girl says, drinking her beer. I lean to her, "Melissa, is it? You are without doubt...the most intelligent woman I have spoken to. Thank you for that."

She giggles, I look to see Ava kind of glaring at me and her friends leave.

"Cora is amazing and she loves you, don't be stupid..." she says to me, taking my beer away. I finally nod and give up, I head home. A little more intoxicated than I planned and I walk inside.

Cora is on the couch watching tv and comes over, it is actually almost midnight.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I watch him walk away, I have to play a little defensive of my good friend Cora. He is really so cute, that ass. No, Eli, you must stay focus. The things I must do to remind myself. And cue...evil smirk.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:00 pm

Eli
    The God and the Healer - RP - Page 11 Willem-Dafoe-2018-Essential-Homme-Cover-Photo-Shoot-002

My husband reeks of perfume and alcohol when he returns. So much for errands. I know I've been in a funk lately and the sex is sparse, but I'd rather he didn't go out flirting with everything with two legs and a set of holes. I'm huge now, and I'll only get bigger, and seeing him like this hurts more than I'd like to let on. I trust my husband, insecurity aside, but I haven't been laid in a while, I still feel like a murderer, and Lochlan will never fully see my side of things. We're from two entirely different worlds and we need to learn to accept it.

"Errands, huh?" I ask, not bothering to get up from the couch. "Smells like you had fun."
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:04 pm

"Well, I did return earlier and you were taking a nap. I dropped off some groceries and then headed back out. Ava ended up coming into the pub, friends with her and yes, I joined their table. "

She looks at me, I look back "Nothing happened, it was not like that. If anything, they heard my side of our marriage problems. They don't know the full story of course but simply how you and I are different and you do not listen to me, I know...you're going to say you do but you still blame yourself for the death of that healer and I don't know what I can do, to change your mind."

We head upstairs, I am getting undressed as I tell her about my night.

We lay down and end up having sex, more that we were just so horny and it had to be done. I kiss her when we finish and I go straight to sleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another 3 months go by, Cora is about to pop any day now. Ava has been by a lot more frequently to visit and Cora enjoys the company. Her last day of work was two weeks ago and we have just been preparing.

I head into the kitchen while the girls converse in the living room, I turn around to go grab something in the fridge and I bump into Ava. "Oh, sorry about that Lochlan, just wanted to grab a lemonade."

I look at her a little curiously, handing her the drink. She takes it, "So, big day is almost here. How are you and Cora, doing better?"

I nod, "Yeah, we accepted that we are different and simply ignore topics that make us uncomfortable." She opens her drinks, "Sounds like a classic love story..." she smiles.

I smirk slightly, "Hormones, everything will be back to normal once the baby is here..."

Ava nods, "For sure, do you need any help?" She says, noticing how I was grabbing some food to set out. She just comes over and does it for me,tells me to go sit out in the living room with Cora and rest.

I take her up on the offer, I sit on the couch next to Cora and I am soon handed an opened beer. Ava walks back in, Cora looks at me.

I look back and before another word is said, Cora bends over and makes a noise of pain. Hospital!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Niamh has joined our family, I have never been in love with anything so perfect. I hold her hand as I rock her to sleep, Cora is napping in our bedroom and we have Niamh in her nursery. She is 3 weeks old at this point, sleeps a lot but just has this power about her, a power she cannot control. When I stroke her arm, she softens up and her power eases up.

While Cora sleeps, Ava has come by a lot to help with the baby.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Eli aka Ava

Cora gets up one day, she comes down to see me with the baby and asks where Lochlan is, I tell her he is out with Oscar, for a boys night.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:08 pm

I'm feeling Niamh's power more than ever now that she's out, living, and breathing in this world. Every day, Lochlan and I do our best to keep her comfortable and calm, but there are occasions when she slips. Caius stops by often to repair the shields, and his once-weekly appearances have morphed into twice-, sometimes thrice-weekly visits. I can read all the books on parenting that I want, but nobody ever wrote one on raising a demigod with more power than any god or warlock could fathom.

We're woken up almost nightly by her cries. When she naps in the nursery, books slide off her shelves; her mobile twists violently above her crib. Butterfly sculptures and posters hang askew and fall to the floor. She sleeps in our bedroom when we're resting at night, and now nothing is safe there, either. We've taken everything out that could possibly be plucked off of the walls and shelves. The worst she can do is rattle the windows and shake the bed. She gets antsy when she wakes up in need of milk.

I hold Niamh to my breast and sit down in our newly bought rocking chair as she suckles, in a rare state of calm for now. Ava sits across from me, smiling down at Niamh. Thankfully, our daughter keeps the magic to a minimum when guests are over. Ava would be convinced our house was haunted, otherwise.

"I can't get over how tiny she is," she coos, and I laugh, because I get it.

"Right? Oh my god, sometimes I just stand there for hours and watch her sleep. I know it's crazy, but I hate being apart from her. I waited so long to meet her, and now that she's here, she's more perfect than I ever dreamed."

Ava nods in understanding. "One day I'll have that. Last guy was a bust." She goes back to admiring my baby. "She has your eyes. Bluer than the damned ocean, but that nose is totally Lochlan's."

I grin and continue stroking her back. Any minute now, and she'll be asleep again. "God, I'm tired." My eyes want so badly to drift shut, but I need to get this girl back in her crib.

Ava sighs and crosses one leg over the other. "How's it going with you and Lochlan?"

"Better," I answer. "We're both exhausted, but we're good. I know we don't agree on a lot of things, but we agree on Niamh. He's so in love with her. It's the sweetest thing."

She nods, then looks as if she wants to say something but holds back. I look at her expectantly. "What?"

She gives me a sad smile. "Look, I don't want to stir up anything, but we all know your husband is a giant flirt."

On edge, I sit up straighter in my seat and readjust Niamh. Sensing my change in mood, I'm rewarded with a flash of warmth. It settles over my body, calming me, the heat like the feel of a fireplace after playing in snow. I breathe in deeply and lean down to kiss the crown of her head. "And?"

"Well, it's just that he was practically all over Melissa the other night. I get that he had a few too many, but it was just awkward."

I shake my head. I don't want to hear this. He's my husband. We just had a baby. He wouldn't do this to me. "What do you mean? What was he doing?"

She shrugs. "Just, you know, kissing her cheek. Hugging her. Flirting and giving her compliments. Honestly, I feel like if he were any drunker, he'd have taken her home."

My jaw clenched, I stare down my friend and my boss and I debate throwing her the hell out of my house. I like her, but once upon a time, she had a thing for Lochlan. Who's to say that she still doesn't? "I know he's a flirt, and no, I don't like it. I'll talk to him. He wouldn't cheat on me, Ava."

She holds up both hands in surrender and gives me a look of pity. I don't want her pity. Not too long ago, she was trying to fuck the man. "Of course not. Look, you're my friend and I care about you. I'd just want to know, if I were in your position."

I give her a brusque nod, but the irritation is all over my face. "Thank you for your concern. I'll talk to my husband when he gets back." I look down at Niamh, sweat beading along my brow. If I get too emotional, shit will start flying off the walls. "I'm getting tired. I think Niamh and I are ready for bed."

With a nod, Ava stands, looking sad as hell. I know the look in her eyes. Poor, clueless wife with the cheating husband. He's a flirt and we'll work on it, but he won't fuck anyone else. She doesn't know the man like I do. She doesn't know the sacred vows we took. She doesn't know what he gave up to be with me. At some point, she's gone, and I sink further into my chair, holding my daughter closely to me. "It's okay, Niamh," I whisper softly, planting one kiss after the other on her cheek, her forehead, her chin. "Go to sleep."

While Niamh sleeps, I stew in my own thoughts. I try to think logically and calmly so as not to disturb the baby, but there's only so much I can do.

Lochlan returns two hours later, beer on his breath, happiness in his eyes. It fades when he sees the look on my face.

He's my husband; he gets the benefit of the doubt for now, so I can't go throwing around accusations yet. I take a deep breath and cross my arms and try to think past the pounding headache that decided to emerge when Ava left.

"Lochlan, I'm trying to stay calm here, but we need to talk." I hold up my hand, trying my best to appear reasonable. "If I say something wrong, feel free to stop me. You're a flirt. You like to drink. I know the life you're used to living, but do you know how embarrassing it is when my friend has to tell me you're flirting and cozying up to women in the bar?" I blink back my tears and continue. "So please tell me Ava is lying. Tell me she's still jealous and she wants to get between us, because I'll take that. I can work with that. What I can't take is being made a fool out of by my husband."
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:56 pm

I had such a great night, I have stepped in the house for not even a minute and I am surrounded by questions, thanks Ava. I look at Cora, "That was months ago, you and I really were fighting...I never did anything."

Cora comes up and puts her hands on my face, I ease up and she sheds a tear, I look at her confused. She leans in and whispers, "I can smell more perfume on you right now."

She goes to walk away, I stop her "I am friendly, I am not just going to stop talking to women. Cora, we are tied together, I am not going anywhere. I love you and Niamh, I would never cheat on you."

Cora looks at me, questioning something on her mind.

"I don't know what else to say! I am not going to change my personality because of your insecurities. I don't know what else I can do to ensure you I am devoted to you. I married you, I got you pregnant, I binded my blood with yours!" I remind her of all the things I have done, "I gave up being a warrior and instead change diapers. I wouldn't change having Niamh but yes, I changed...it's been hard to adapt to it."
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:40 am

“Well, adapt!” How does he not see where he’s going wrong? I refuse to keep crying. I have to keep a level head here. “Lochlan, I made those same promises when I married you. I’m yours. I wouldn’t disrespect you like that. Why even flirt in the first place?”

I need to put this into terms he can understand, apparently. “How would you feel if I came home smelling like cheap cologne? Would you be understanding? If I flirted with every other man in the place, then expected you to be fine with it? All I had to do was dance with a man to get you to break your golden rule and sleep with me!”
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:21 am

I look at her and I agree, I haven't looked at another woman since I've been with Cora. I felt us drift apart after the healer fiasco. Niamh came into our lives and I look at my wife with more admiration than I have for anyone. I step up closer to her and look at her, I move her to the wall and I ask if Niamh is asleep.

I run my hands up her thighs and Cora already knows what I am after to do, her favourite. My go to move when I screw up. Cora unbottons her pants and I help her and pull them down, along with her panties. I step up closer and kiss her passionately, while my hand runs up her bare skin to her clit, I gently trace it over and I feel hear tense.

I break off kissing her lips, to her neck and kneel to the floor. I move my mouth to her clit, she gasps and grips hold of my hair and controls my movements. "Faster....come on" she says, looking down at me and I do so.

I grab hold of her and bend her over the couch, I drive into her so hard. We are both so frustrated and we needed this passionate night. To remind each other how well we go together. Cora screams and scream, pleading for me to go harder and I don't disappoint.

We finish and lay in bed moments later, I look at her "I'm sorry, I will try to be a little more...discreet with other women." She kisses me in response.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:23 pm

Aaron
    The God and the Healer - RP - Page 11 11220_content_James-Marsden-Los-Angeles-Confidential-1

While Lochlan stays at home with Niamh, I return to work at the high school. After a long day of seeing to the kids’ needs and getting my things in order after the long break, I wait at my office desk for my husband to pick me up.

While I wait, I make feminine care packets for the girls. I’ve learned to stop trying to pay Lochlan back; he refuses to take it, anyway. So, instead, I use the money on things for Niamh and extra supplies for my job. Because I have a steady stream of girls coming through here every day, I’ve decided there’s no reason I can’t give everything a personal touch.

Inside every individual zippered pouch is a tampon, a pad, and a wipe. My desk is piled high with boxes of feminine products when the drama teacher, Paul Landry, steps inside and gives me a warm smile. “Good to have you back, Nurse Sheridan. How’s the baby?”

I smile back. “She’s great. What’s got you sticking around?”

He points back in the direction of the arts building. “Taking a break from play rehearsals. That, and hiding from Aaron.”

I laugh. “He’s not harassing you about that insanely phallic tower prop again, is he?”

Speak of the devil, Aaron Pierce, the music teacher, appears in the doorway. His dimples on full display and his blue eyes shining, he clutches his pearls like a southern belle. “Why, I would never. Paul, don’t go showing her that weird rash of yours again. She doesn’t need to see it.”

Paul rolls his eyes toward the ceiling. “I’ll have you know, I switched back to my old detergent and it’s gone now.”

Aaron tosses a smirk my way. “Drama teachers. So dramatic.”

I let out a snort. “I missed you guys.”

Aaron beams at me, then turns to Paul with a grin. “Did you hear that, man? I could’ve sworn she just said, ‘Let’s run away and get married, Aaron.’”

I wiggle my fingers. “Already married. Happily.”

“You tried, pal,” Paul says, and then he’s up again, heading toward the hall. “I should get back to my kids. Bring the baby by sometime. No one can shut up about her.”

I can believe it. It’s a small school in a small town. There’s not much else to discuss. “I’ll do my best,” I call back, watching him disappear down the hall before I turn back to Aaron. With a contented sigh, he hops onto my desk, splays his legs out and over the side, and pivots to face me.

“Man, am I glad to see you. Your replacement was senile as hell.” He looks around at the items strewn across my desk and whistles. “Interesting choice of decor.”

I laugh and hand him a stack of colorful fabric pouches, then scoop up an assortment of products. I toss them in his lap, and after watching me complete the first, he has it down. As he works, he speaks. “How’s little Niamh?”

This time I’m the one doing the happy sigh. “She’s amazing. And Lochlan’s been great with her. Wait, let me show you.”

I withdraw my phone from my purse and let him scroll through the baby album. He smiles down at my phone as he peruses the photos, then hands it back to me. “Nothing like that new baby feeling. She’s perfect. Man, I remember when my two boys were born. You know, the good old days when they were all sweet and angelic.”

I laugh and lean back in my rolling chair, zipping up one pouch and moving on to the next. “I’m sure they’re plenty sweet.”

“Ah, young parents. So full of hope. Wait until you’ve got a three year old who strips off all his clothes and makes you chase him down every aisle of the grocery store, screaming that you’re not his dad.”

I can’t breathe. I’m howling with laughter, my body bent and curling over my crossed legs as I wheeze at the floor. “No way.”

“Yes, way. It was fun talking my way out of that one with the police. Had to call my wife and have her prove I wasn’t a creep.”

“Yeah, I never asked you. What happened with the wife?”

He grins at me. “Oh, she wised up and figured out I was too good for her. It was all downhill from there.”

With a tilt of my brow, I stare him down. “Is that so?”

He nods. “Yes, ma’am. How does that old saying go?” He purses his lips and stares off, lost in some deep thought, then nods. “Yeah. That’s it. If you love something, let it run off and leave you for the rich, hot-shot attorney with ED.”

My eyes go wide. “Ouch. Well, you know, they make pills for that.”

He winks at me. “If only they made one that could enlarge my salary.”

We shoot the shit for the next few minutes as I explain that my car is in the shop, hence the wait for my husband to arrive to chauffeur me back home. Ava must be running late to take over for him. Aaron stays to help me with the care packets, cracking jokes right and left, and I curve any light-hearted advance he makes. He knows I’ll never stray from my husband; he’s just a hell of a comedian.

With the last pouch complete, he tosses it into the large brown box on my desk and slaps his hands on his knees. “You check out that new Dorothy album yet?”

“I forgot it was out. I’m living for the new Perfect Circle, though.”

“Shit, and you let us sit here in silence? We could’ve been jamming. Anyway, check it out. She took it back to the ‘70s this time.”

“I’m intrigued. Woman’s got pipes.”

He sits up and smiles at me. “You know, we’re always talking about music and you still haven’t stopped by my classroom to play guitar for me. You’re not nervous I’ve got more skills, are you?”

With a chortle, I toss a tampon box at his face. He ducks, and when we turn to see where it’s headed, I find Lochlan standing in the doorway. With speed and grace, he catches the box in his palm, then regards me with a grin and a quirk of his brow.

I stand and wave at my husband in greeting. Aaron hops down as well and walks toward Lochlan, his hand extended for a handshake. “So this is the infamous Irishman,” he says jovially, dimples in full effect. “It’s great to finally meet you. I’m Aaron Pierce.”

As Lochlan shakes his hand, he glances at me in question. I step closer, having cleaned up the boxes and put everything back into place. I’m ready to hit the road and see our daughter. “He’s the music teacher and resident comedian here. He has two boys of his own.”

Aaron steps back, shoving his hands into his pockets and giving my husband an easy smile. “You’ve got yourself a good woman here, man. She’s always talking about you. Congrats on Niamh, by the way. She’s beautiful.”
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:06 am

I can't help but just smirk at Cora this entire time, meeting the "music teacher" I look at him finally, "Thank you" Aaron nods, awkwardly and looks to Cora, looks back at me who is watching him.

"We should all, grab a drink some time or get together for dinner? Why not right?" He says, I look at Cora who is already agreeing. "We only have Ava who watches Niamh once and awhile, so a little hard to get out of the house. You are welcome to dinner, you and your wife..."

Cora starts shaking her head, I look to Aaron who explains he isn't with his wife anymore. I apologize and still suggest he come over, perhap friday? Finaly Aaron leaves, I look at Cora who finally says,"What?"

"Nothing, I mean...I could hear you laughing from down the hall and now I see why. Is funny your thing? I will admit I am not that funny." We head out to the car.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:32 am

I laugh as I walk beside him, then raise a hand to his shoulder and bump my hip against his. “It’s all right, hubby. I’m funny enough for the both of us.”

I hope he’s not reading too deeply into my friendship with Aaron. Yes, he flirts, but he knows I’ll never take him up on it. Being around him reminds me of being back home. I stop Lochlan, then, until he’s facing me. “You’re cool, right? It’s just that he reminds me so much of my brothers. He’s got Luke’s humor and Ryan’s love for music, and I don’t know... I just miss them. He reminds me of my family.” It sounds stupid, it’s true, but I’ve analyzed it quite a bit. “Obviously he’s a little bit into me, but he’s not what you think. He just likes to joke.”

I’m waiting for Lochlan to pick me up again while I pack up my things. The shop is running behind with my car, but we’ll be able to pick it up after work. Aaron arrives right on schedule, a guitar in each hand, flashing me that boyishly charming smile when he steps through the doorway.

“I was thinking about bringing these Friday when I pop over to your house for dinner, but then I thought, hey, newborn baby.”

I smirk. “Yeah, better not. You’re in for a treat, though. Lochlan can cook his ass off.”

He hands me a guitar, then sits in my desk chair while I take the couch. “He won’t poison it, right?”

I roll my eyes and kick my leg out, but he slides the chair back before it can make contact. “Lochlan knows we’re friends. No funny business.”

With a nod, he pulls the guitar into his lap and fiddles with the tuning. “Look, I know I joke a lot, but I’m glad to have you here. I don’t want to make anyone uncomfortable. Sometimes I flirt a little too much.”

I shake my head and wave his words away with a flick of my hand. “It’s fine. My husband is a bit of a flirt, himself. He knows he can trust me, and vice versa.”

Aaron smiles. “Consider the flirtation gone. I’ve got to start acting more professional. You know, after this jam sesh.”

“What do you have in mind?” I’m ready, the guitar in position.

He holds up his hand to stop me. “Now, don’t go all Hendrix on me yet. I want you to play the song you first learned how to play.”

Everyone knows their first song. I chuckle and begin to strum, my fingers working the strings and moving around the frets with ease. His eyes light up when he recognizes the tune. “What’s Up?” by 4 Non Blondes.

“I think I’m in love with you,” he jokes, displaying a full, teeth-baring smile as he works on adding the riffs. “Let’s hear your best Linda Perry.”

I give him just that. It’s a hell of an impression. He joins in during the chorus, and soon we’re both singing at the top of our lungs through bouts of laughter.

We stop when a girl appears in the doorway. Claire, a freshman who’d come to me earlier in the day for one of the pouches Aaron had helped me assemble, stands red-faced as she regards him. She’s got it bad, much like half the girls at this school. She waves at him nervously. “Hey, Mr. Pierce.”

Aaron beams at her. “Hello, there. You’re one of Mr. Landry’s drama kids, right?”

She smiles, happy that he recognizes her. I remember being this obsessed at her age. “Yeah, I signed up for your class too. I didn’t get in.”

“Not a problem. You just requested too many electives. I’ll see you next year and it’ll be a party.”

Cheeks pink, she nods, then turns to me. “Hey, Mrs. Sheridan. I just came to return the... thing that you loaned me.”

I smile at her in understanding. “It’s yours to keep.”

She regards us, then, and looks down at the guitars. “Was that a new song? I liked it.”

Aaron and I share a look, but he’s the first one to fold. He bursts into laughter and shakes his head. “It was new about two and a half decades ago.” He grins at me. “Do you feel old? I sure as hell do.”

“Pfft, please. You’re older.”

“Yeah, you were a baby when this was out. Did anyone expose you to it later on, or were you born an old soul?”

Claire takes a seat beside me on the couch, enjoying the conversation. Or Aaron’s presence, really. “My brother, actually. Ryan. We’re both big music buffs.”

He nods. “That explains it. You have two, right?”

“Yep, and you remind me of them both, actually. Luke’s the comedian and Ryan’s the music lover. I miss the hell out of them.”

“Haven’t seen them in a while?”

“Not since I moved to Hawaii. Ryan’s back in Iraq. He’s a Marine. Luke’s still in New York.”

Claire pipes up, a dreamy look in her eyes. “A Marine?”

Aaron snorts. “Girls and soldiers. So what does the rest of the family do?”

“Luke is a personal trainer, Dad is a fireman and Army vet. Mom’s not really in the picture.”

Aaron whistles. “Dating must’ve been a hassle for you.”

“You have no idea.”

“Yeah, I was the only sibling to a much older sister. It’s hard to scare a guy straight when you’re nine and he’s seventeen.”

Claire and I both laugh at that. If he wants his students to like him any less, he’s not doing himself any favors. He’s handsome, he’s funny, and he’s charming, and Claire couldn’t look more smitten if she tried.

We begin playing again and Claire joins us in the parts she can remember. Soon enough, we’re half cutting up and half singing when Lochlan walks in, car keys in hand.

The music stops, we all turn, and Claire has found a new beau. Aaron forgotten, she stands to take in the new view.

“This is my husband, Lochlan,” I explain to her. “Lochlan, this is Claire.”

Aaron packs up his guitar in the background and I hand him the other. “See you guys Friday?” he asks, unfazed, and I nod.

“It’s a date.”

With that, he brushes past, and gives my husband a pat on the shoulder. “Good to see you, Lochlan. Can’t wait to meet Niamh!”
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:33 am

I heard Cora and I trust her, hey after the flirting I did and was in the wrong, this is exactly the vice versa situation. Of course, the girls I flirted with were complete strangers as I argue with myself.

I smile the the girl known as Claire before I acknowledge Aaron, "Nice to meet you.." Claire looks on, "Oh my god, you're Irish?"

I nod politely, Claire smiles and finally leaves.

I look at Aaron and I do catch him looking at my wife, we make eye contact "Niamh might be sleeping by the time you get over but we will see how it goes, have a good night."

I look for him to leave, he does so.

I look at Cora, "Okay, now I am a little pissed. Not at you, I trust you and yes, he reminds you of your brothers but that guy does not see you as a sister."

Last edited by Canadianmummy on Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:41 am; edited 1 time in total
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:40 am

I sigh. “I know. But he promised he’d keep it professional. I can’t just ignore my coworkers.” He doesn’t think this equates to flirting in a bar, does he? I work in the arts building. Aaron’s music class is right down the hall. It would be awkward to avoid the man.

Lochlan knows he can trust me, and I’m happy for that. I step closer, now that we’re alone, and give him a kiss. “I’m all yours.”
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:46 am

"I can tell you are rubbing it in my face how I flirted at a bar, with a girl I will never see again might I add and I am not---" I stop more as she kisses me more. I kiss her back and move her to the desk right behind her. I break off and Cora mentions how long can Ava stay with Niamh and I break off to smile and close the blinds, "Long enough...take off your shirt."

She does so and I kiss her again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We get home an hour later, it has been a few days since we have had sex. It used to be every day, heck some times 3 times a day but with Niamh not sleeping, you have to take your chance when you get it. We walk into the house and Ava is on the couch with Niamh, I go over and take her saying hello.

"Thanks for watching her while I did some errands and picked up Cora, didn't want to wake her up when she was having her beauty sleep." I add, Ava laughs "No, you can't do that."

I stop and look at her, "You must know Aaron...being the Principal?"

Ava looks at Cora, nods "Yes I do, great guy..."

I look at Cora and then to Ava, "He's single..."

Ava "So?"

"Cora, you take over..." I hand Niamh over to Cora and go upstairs.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:57 am

I need to find a woman for Aaron, but the principal, Ava, is off limits. There are rules involved. When he knocks on the door Friday evening, Lochlan and I open it to find him on the porch, a bottle of wine in hand. “The ex was a bit of a wine connoisseur and she never came back to claim this one,” he says by way of greeting, and we step aside to allow him in. “I’m more of a beer guy, myself.”

I’m still breastfeeding. Instinctively, I frown, and he’s quick to catch my drift. “Oh Jesus, of course. I’m sorry. I didn’t realize...”

With a laugh, I wave away his concerns. “It’s no problem. Please, come sit down. I’ll go see if Niamh is awake.”

“Sit down? While your husband does all the work? Nonsense.” He turns to Lochlan and gives him a friendly smile. “Put me to work. I’m at your disposal.”
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:20 am

I look at Aaron and is over excitment is getting a little tiresome already. "Their is really no need, help yourself to a beer though...we have rec room just that way and a beer fridge."

I smile politely and go into the kitchen, Cora comes in and looks at me. I look back, "What?" She tells me to be nice and I tell her I am always nice.

We hear a cry and Cora goes off to the baby. Aaron finds his way into the kitchen, I look over the food I have made. I decided on some barbeque chicken, which is outside on the grill right now, followed with roast vegetables and potatoes. I busy myself with potatoes which are going to be in the oven and Aaron watches.

"Thanks for coming, Cora and I don't know a lot of people in Hawaii....only Ava." I add. Aaron nods, he hands a beer he got for me and I accept in gratitude. "Ava is the reason that Cora was hired right?" He asks.

I nod, "Yeah, she really helped us out..." "Beautiful woman" Aaron says, I look at Aaaron and nod, "I agree, very attractive."

We laugh a bit more about something only guys can understand. When Cora comes back in, we are joking some more about sports. I miss having a friend, Oscar I see some times but he can't visit all the time, it would be too suspicious.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:06 am

I can’t say I’m not surprised, but I’m happy as hell that Lochlan and Aaron are getting along. They talk about sports and things I don’t care about during dinner, but afterward, we’re back to music. He talks about where he studied, what he grew up listening to, and he shares stories about his kids.

Even Lochlan is laughing. It’s hard not to when Aaron talks. He talks about water park mishaps and his boys’ mispronounced sayings and the best concerts he’s ever been to. He’s lived a lot in thirty-three years, and he’s an excellent storyteller. He somehow makes the time his wife left him for her boss the most hilarious story ever, as if he’d never lived through the ensuing heartbreak. I can tell he’s ready to get out there and date again, and I hope he finds someone special. He’s a great guy.

By the time he’s leaving, we’ve gone through my playlists and album collections and swapped our best concert memories. I bring out my guitar and we play again, albeit softly so as not to wake Niamh. He tells me he’s glad he came, that Niamh is stunning, that she has my eyes. He does it all without flirting, without a single insinuation, and I’m hoping it’s enough to set my husband’s mind at ease. We need friends, and this one has kids, too. I make him promise to bring the boys over sometime, to which he agrees, and I send him off with a hug and a “take care.”

When he’s gone, I turn back to Lochlan and step closer until my body is pressed against his and my arms are wrapped around his waist. “Thank you,” I whisper, lifting onto the tips of my toes to give him a kiss. “Tonight was nice.”
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:38 am

It had been another month and things were going great, I had great girls in my life that being my wife and daughter. Cora and I decided to take a night off and left Niamh with Oscar. We headed to the near by bar that we frequently visited to have a drink with Ava and a few of her friends. We all sat around the table, taking shots and making jokes, Cora was all over me and it felt like the days before a baby came along.

That was until Aaaron showed up, he came in and waved. He brought drinks with him to the table at least. Cora and him instantly starting talking about music and that is my que to leave. I find their taste in music to be bands I have never heard of. I head up to the bar area and order a drink, I hear giggles next to me and see a bride to be, dressed in barely anything and a sash across her saying "bride to be" she had 5 girls around her, cheering and more giggles.

"I'm getting married! Woooo!" She says to me, I tell her congradulations and of course the accent comes out and they are all over me. I ask about the girls husband to be and she just swoons talking about him. I buy her a shot and myself, we clink to the guy she is marrying and take the shot. I hear more cheering and okay this is fun, I buy another round.

The bride to be then puts her hand up my thigh and I awkwardly laugh but back up, I start to say I am happily married and my wife is near by when I see Aaron, my wife behind him and he has his hand on her shoulder. Cora is just glaring at me, I look to Aaron "You maybe want to take your hand off my wife.."
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:52 am

Of course he’d be back to his old antics. He’s had three centuries of practice, and we haven’t been together that long in the grand scheme of things. Aaron had sensed my mood a while before he decided to get up and talk to Lochlan. Knowing it wouldn’t end well, I followed.

I know Aaron wants to be the white knight here, but he has no idea what he’s dealing with. He pushes me back with a gentle hand on my shoulder, trying to keep me out of the altercation. One glare and threatening comment from my husband has Aaron taking one small step away from me out of respect.

“Your wife is uncomfortable,” Aaron says, holding up his hands as a gesture of peace. “I think you’ve had a bit much, man. Maybe you’d like to cool down.”

I step forward, because fuck the chivalry. “No, you know what? It’s cool. Buy shots for every bitch in here. I’m the one going home with you.”
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:36 am

I almost don't even hear what Cora said, "Overreacting and I will be going home with her, she is my wife. Yours left you, get over it. It's pathetic having you around making googly eyes at Cora all night long. You think I don't see it or just give you sympathy? Own up to it and be a jerk, I respect that hell of a lot more than hiding your feelings about all of it."

Last edited by Canadianmummy on Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:00 pm

Before Aaron can respond, I’m pulling him back. I turn all my rage toward my husband, trying my hardest not to resort to using my powers. I can feel it rising within me, and if I don’t tamp it down, we’re all in danger.

“You’re a fucking asshole,” I snarl, taking one step back, then two, until I’m standing with Aaron again. “We’re friends, nothing more. And we’re leaving.”

I push against Aaron’s back until we’re exiting the bar, but as soon as we’re outside, he turns on me. “Are you all right?”

I nod, though I’m far from fine. “He’s done this before. Suddenly he can’t take that I’m friends with another man and he gets back at me by flirting and being obnoxious.”

Aaron stills and shoves his hands into his pockets. “Look, he shouldn’t have done that. But I shouldn’t have overstepped, either.”

“You were defending me, Aaron.”

“Yeah, but he’s right. I do like you. I wanted you when I first met you. You’re fucking gorgeous, and funny, and sweet, and I couldn’t stay away. I knew you were married, so I figured we could still be friends. Coworkers. But I won’t lie to you. I like you, Cora. A hell of a lot. He sees it, too.”

I shake my head. “Aaron, we’re friends.”

He looks at me with a sad smile on his face and simply shrugs. “Yeah, and I thought I’d make it work. But it’s wrong of me to be around in this capacity if I can’t keep my feelings in check. It’s not fair to anyone, and it’s incredibly disrespectful to your marriage.”

He’s right, and I hate that he’s right. I nod. “I’m sorry, Aaron. I like being around you. Half the time, I assumed you were just being funny about it.”

“Nah, it’s fine. I’ve been in a funk lately and I got a little too attached. I hope whatever happened tonight works itself out. I didn’t mean to screw things up.”

“You didn’t, Aaron.”

He smiles. “I’d hug you goodbye but your husband is two seconds from kicking my ass.”

Right on cue, the door swings open and Lochlan appears. Aaron raises his hands again, just as he had done in the bar. “I’m leaving,” he says, taking slow steps backward until he’s at his car. “Take care of her, man. Those girls in the bar don’t hold a candle to what you already have. She feels insulted enough already.”

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:04 pm