The Vampire Diaries

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Vampire Diaries

A forum set up for discussion on the hit CW show The Vampire Diaries.

2 posters

The God and the Healer - RP

Canadianmummy

The God and the Healer - RP - Page 8 Empty Re: The God and the Healer - RP

Post  Canadianmummy Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:40 pm

I look at her and finally finish, I had to move around her to grab shampoo bottles and put them back. I finally go around her and turn the taps off, I get out and look at her follow me all soaking wet.

I grab my towel, I hand her it the gentleman that I am and she tosses it back to me.

"Cora, I just want you to be safe...it's always all I want. You could do something else, nursing is very...you meet all kinds of people. I watched you, for a long time in your job. I know you will keep our baby safe and I hate that Caius is the one to fix everything! I am your husband and I am trying to fix this now, don't do it. Simple as that."
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:48 pm

Okay, so his pride has taken a few hits lately. Man stuff. He’s used to being the warrior, the son of the General, and now he’s married to me, and I have a powerful warlock on my side. He can want me safe, but I draw the line at being told what to do.

“If you really had so much faith in me keeping the baby safe, you wouldn’t have your panties in such a twist over my job,” I say, calling his bluff. “I can take care of myself.”

I’m soaking wet. I was going to shower next, anyway. I begin peeling my shirt off, and then my pants, and roll my eyes as he watches me. “You know, if I have your permission, I think I’ll shower now. We can try again to make this baby when you stop being a dick.”
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:51 pm

I look at her now pissed,"I am just talking to you! You can take care of yourself, well have fucking fun with that then."

I leave the bathroom and get dressed. She pisses me off, I am not controlling her. Just what the hell is my point? To get her pregnant, Caius can protect her and so can herself, seriously what is my role?

I am making some breakfast when she finally comes back down, not a word is spoken from me. I need to cool down before I can say anything at the moment.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:01 pm

I refuse to let the smell of sausage and roasted potatoes assuage my current state of madness. Although, damn, the man can cook.

I step into the kitchen and take a seat at the table, idly twisting the salt and pepper shakers around in circles. "Ah, the male ego," I say aloud, because fuck it, let's battle. "So fragile."

He pivots as I knew he would, spatula in hand, and I'm distantly reminded of the first time he made breakfast in my kitchen after leaving me on top of the Empire State Building for four hours. Now I feel less bad.

"Face it, Lochlan. You came into my life, all big and bad and bossy, and now you can't handle that I have some powers of my own. Caius is as good an asset as he is a friend, and you'd see that if you'd pull your head out of your ass. We should be grateful to have him on our side, because he damned sure doesn't have to be. You can feel emasculated all you want, but you're not entirely useless. You're just not used to no longer being the big man on campus anymore, husband, and you've forgotten how to chill."
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:05 pm

I stand still for a second, not sure how to respond to anything she just said. "I like that you can answer and assume things about me, even more perfect...wife. How about a little thing called, husband loyalty? You want to work, go right ahead because anything I have ever been against you doing, you do it anyways. So, I don't care...go ahead."

I sit and eat, not giving a shit.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:12 pm

I snort. "Husband loyalty? Oh, sweetie, I'm loyal. I left my family to start this life with you. And I'm oh, so glad you decided to let me live my own life for a while before we start this war. Really, thank you."
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:13 pm

I look at her again, "You just keep going and going, I don't like it. I don't have to like it. Also, you are not the only one who gave up their...family, I left my whole world to be with you because it's forbidden. I gave up a lot too."
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:17 pm

I lean back and let out a heavy scoff. "Oh, right, your dimension. Because your people are real fucking gems over there, right? Especially-"

I stop myself and look away. I want so badly to mention his mother, but I can't go there. There's a line here, and it's our first big fight. I'm not crossing that one, and it's already been implied. He knows what I went through up there.
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:20 pm

I look at her, nothing else to say now. I get up and put my finished plate in the sink, wash it real fast with god like powers. "Let's just get to your apartment now, you will need the weekend to get ready for working that you so desperately need to do."

"I am also going to ignore the last part of what you said, this topic...is over now. Or wait, I told you what to do, so here comes another lecture. I will just..fuck I don't know, tell me what to say? I am fine with you being the boss clearly." I look at her.

I have nothing more to add, I walk off.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's Sunday night, we have been back in Cora's apartment. She starts work at 7am tomorrow and I won't see her for 12 hours. We also haven't slept in the same bed since our fight. What am I going to do while she's at work? I lay on the couch as the usual thing. I watch tv, a habit I am developing instead of chopping heads off, I can recite movie lines.

I hear her door creek open and find her above the couch, above my head and she is wearing a very long cut night dress. She comes around and sits beside me. I sit up and wait for her to speak.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:33 pm

It's been days since our fight, and few words have been spoken between us. The longer this wears on, the colder the bed feels beside me. I don't like sleeping alone, and I don't like that he's still so hurt. We both went a little too far and I admittedly went the furthest by talking about his people. I know his parents, and I unfairly placed his entire dimension in the same pile.

He wants to go back one day, and I'll support it. Wherever he goes, I go. I made a promise to love, honor, and cherish him always, and I don't plan on going back on that.

He stares at me expectantly and I give him a weak smile. There's an unspoken apology in my eyes. "Babe, you don't have to do this," I whisper, reaching between us to place my hand on his. "Come to bed."
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:37 pm

I look at her, "I just want you to promise...you will be safe." I take a second, "My parents did do horrible things to you, now we are having a baby...we got married and it's crazy. I left a world to be part of this one with you, so, I just want you both to be safe."

I rub her stomach just in case she might just be, she leans over and kisses me. I kiss her back, most of my fights have been cheating related or fucking someone's wife, not over stupid words.

We make up that whole night, I see her off in the morning and I lay back on her bed, with the thought of now what?
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:46 pm

I have this rule of mine that I abide by. I'm a healer, which means I can easily heal myself at will, but I chose my profession. I'm a nurse, and we do what we do. We work insanely long hours on our feet, we take no breaks, and we get by with geriatric, ultra-padded shoes that only somewhat keep the pain at bay. My coworkers are rock stars, and I'm not giving myself preferential treatment. I'll pop the occasional Tylenol like the rest of them and keep my bitching to myself.

I've been out a while, though, and the pain is worse than I remembered. By the time I'm back at my apartment, my steps are slow and zombielike. Agony shoots through my toes and up into my neck and shoulders. I barely say hello to Lochlan before I collapse on the couch. I'm not about to complain to the man I just spent an entire weekend fighting with. Especially not when it pertains to the job I was so dead-set on keeping.

He walks up to me, then regards me curiously. "Don't say anything," I groan, throwing my shoes to the side and kicking my feet up on the coffee table. "I just haven't been working in a while, so my body has to get used to it. No biggie. I've gotta get back in the groove." I unclasp my bra underneath my scrubs and pull it out through the arm hole. I toss it without looking to see where it's gone. Fuck, everything hurts.
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:49 pm

I sit next to her and drink my beer, "I feel great myself, I had a 2 hour nap and then did absolutely shit all. Cheers to that." I drink up, she looks at me and I am not sure how to take her emotions.

"You can do other types of nursing also, doesn't have to be the ER of a hospital. Doctor's offices, school nurse...just thought I should school you on your own profession." I turn the tv channel.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:54 pm

We can't go having another fight. I know I'm hardheaded, but even I know when to pick my battles. Usually. He's making some good points.

I groan again, because that seems to be what I'm capable of at the moment. "Well, beloved, I'm glad you had a relaxing day. I can't argue, because I chose this, but I'll get better. No need to be sassy. And maybe I want to be where the action is, not around regular check-ups and kids who lie to get out of class."

I can't say I don't consider it, though. At least I'd get to sit down.
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:56 pm

I look at her, "You are so fucking stubborn." I get up and come back after 3 minutes, I hand her a bowl of pasta and sit next to her in silence. She simply rewards me with a kiss.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:08 pm

It takes three days. I'm stubborn enough to last three days before I'm ready to tap out. I haven't gone to the gym in weeks. I used to go straight from a long-ass shift at work and stay for two hours. Now I want to cry halfway through the workday and break my No Self Healing rule. When did I turn into such a bitch?

I hate admitting when I'm wrong. I know, surprising. I decide to get it all out in one long flow of words, one long steady breath, when I step through my apartment after a particularly grueling day.

"You win, husband. Are you happy? You win. I'll work at a fucking school with germ-riddled, hormonal kids. I just want to sit the fuck down."

That's when I smell it. "Why does my fucking apartment smell like weed?"

And that's precisely when I see it. The floor is littered with beer cans. There's a bong on the hardwood between Oscar's and Lochlan's legs as they sit on my couch, stinking up my apartment with the smell of pot. A half a dozen opened chip bags are on the coffee table, all different types and brands, as if they couldn't choose. The smell of pot is fine if you're high, too, and of course I did plenty of it in my heyday, but there are things called drug tests in my profession. I forget all about what I'd been saying and gesture wildly around myself when they turn to look at me, abandoning the video game they're playing on my television screen.

"Okay, what the fuck?"
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:20 pm

I look at her, shit...was going to clean this all up. "I heard you say I was right, did I dream that in my high state or did you actually say that?"

Oscar looks at us, "This is where I leave...I am not stupid enough to stick around for this. I did make a peach cobbler, it's cooling in the oven. Do not forget to add whipped cream on that....,don't!"

He gets up and leaves.

I quickly have the place cleaned up with my god like powers, I sit back down and press the game to continue. The wife is still kind of glaring at me, "I was having some fun, not my fault you had to go to work, I never forced you to go." I remind her.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:36 pm

Jesus, pot is potent these days. They don't make it like they did when I was in high school. Paranoid, I run to the bathroom to grab the air freshener and thoroughly spray the air as if that'll help. "Do you realize my neighbor is a cop? God, it smells like mother nature's asshole in here."

I can't complain about the video games and the chips and the beer. He has money; I don't, because I chose college and a career. "I have student loans to pay off, Lochlan. I have bills. And, yes, I said you were right." I point to the bong on the floor. "You know you can vape that stuff nowadays, right? No odor."
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:45 pm

"Sorry princess, I will consider that next time..because you know that is a priority. Let me just comment on a few of those statements you just made. Your student loans, I have more than enough money and can get more, I have my ways to pay for your student loans. We are married, my money is your money. Also, wait..what else did you say?"

I try to remember, "The cop next door, yes simple answer to that question and you can say it with me."

"I.Am.A.God" I look at her, "Do you really think I can be arrested? For what? You are...something else." I stand up and go to the kitchen.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:02 pm

Oh, right. The god with his charm and his mind-whammy powers. I sigh as I watch him bend to take Oscar's cobbler out of the oven. The smell of peaches and heaven fills the kitchen, giving me respite from the pungent smell of weed.

I almost forget what I'd been wanting to say. "I want to pay my own way, but thanks," I reply, stepping forward to pull down two plates and a handful of utensils. He begins cutting into the dessert and dishing out servings, sliding the first plate to me. We should probably call Oscar back, since he made it.

Money on my mind, I make a mental note to check my account later. I'm getting paid Friday but I've got a few bills that can't wait that long. Idly, I take a bite, and then I let out a quite sexual moan when I taste the cobbler. Can every god cook or something?

"This is fucking good," I mumble, my mouth full of food, my thoughts cleared of all things monetary. "Should we summon Oscar back?"
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:08 pm

"He is meeting his girlfriend, so he's not at all offended." I sit down and eat some as well, it's awkward silence and I look at Cora, who has been watching me. I start to say what, when I feel a foot going up my pants leg.

"I thought you were tired?" I remind her, she leans over to me and smirks "Maybe I don't have to be the one doing anything?" she says.

Enough said, I pick her up and we go to the bedroom.

---------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, I am sleeping and Cora has the day off. She is up in bed on her ipad and I hear her say, "What the fuck...?" I look to her to see the problem, I see she's on her bank account.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:18 pm

I don't understand. I'd crossed my fingers, done my deep breathing, and mentally prepared myself to check the state of my bank account. When I selected the Student Loans tab, the Amount Due showed one big, fat zero.

Zero, my ass. I owe over forty grand, still, and I've already made a dent in the payments. There's obviously a mistake.

Lochlan is looking at me curiously, so I tilt the tablet in his direction and shrug. "Guess I'm going to the bank on my day off." I crawl out of bed and start thumbing through my dresser drawers until I've picked out an outfit. No rockabilly today. I'll be rocking the Alice in Chains tee and the ripped jeans with no makeup instead. I can't be bothered to do much else, unless it involves eating or fucking. And we've already done tons of both.

"I'm feeling like a sausage McGriddle on the way back," I announce, my mind already on breakfast as I make my way toward the bathroom for a shower. "Want anything?"
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:59 pm

I lay back and watch her going off to shower, "I'll come with you, maybe something better than shitty Mcdonald's?" We get cleaned up and head to the bank.

We stand in the line, person after person ahead of us. We finally get up to see a bank teller, Cora tells all the information she has and wonders if their has been a mistake. The bank teller kindly explains the debt has been paid for. Cora finally takes a look at me, I smirk and wave slightly.

"Remember, you now work...simply because you love it. Not for bills, rent is paid for as well...for awhile. Even though we have to move. So, celebrating yes? Let's go!" I head out to the car.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:28 pm

Dinner and celebration? I just told him last night that I wanted to be self-sufficient! I appreciate it, but I wanted to be able to say that I paid my way through college and didn't depend on anyone to help me. Granted, I'd be saying that when I turned seventy, but it was a nice thought.

I stare at him incredulously, quickening my pace to keep up with him as he heads out into the parking lot. "You couldn't tell me that this morning? When did you-" I stop myself. "How did you even-"

I can see the humor dancing in his eyes. His signature smirk is back. "Fine, let's eat, Money Man. You'd better let me pay the bill this time. Also, henceforth, you can count on my monthly loan payments going out to you."

Rich Irish god. Who's not even really Irish but simply chose to adopt the accent. Rich, sexy, non-Irish god, to whom I'm married, who thinks me crazy for disputing the favor. I can stomp around all I want, shouting about feminism and independence, but a massive weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. I can pay my husband late a few times and my credit won't go to shit for it, so that's a plus.

I feel like I'm being bitchy, so I'm hoping it's not PMS. I really want this baby. Because I want to skip past this conversation and get to food and discussing where we're moving to, I stop him with a hand on his shoulder. He was only looking out for me. "Look, thank you," I tell him, my tone softening with defeat. "That's probably what I should've said."
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:48 pm

"You're welcome, you are not paying me back anything. I wanted to help you, just accept it. Agree!" I say, knowing she wants to challenge me yet again.

We go off to breakfast and spend her day off together, when we get back to the apartment and of course more sex. Life is good.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The God and the Healer - RP - Page 8 Make-up-schwarzes-haar-6-420x540 Ava

It was a Saturday night, the search to move has not been going well. Trying to find Cora a job presents the most problems in my research, I decide to take a break and join Oscar with his latest girlfriend at a bar. Cora is meeting us later after work.

I head into the bar and I see Oscar, who waves me over. I greet him and see his girlfriend come back, she has a woman with her as well. A really pretty one. She had black hair and it was long, glasses but quite a great figure. When she gets to us, the girlfriend introduces her friend to me and vice versa. I shake the girls hand and watch her go red in the face, I am probably the best looking guy she's seen and I get that a lot.

We all take a seat, I always had the impression that Oscar's girlfriend isn't a big fan of Cora, finds her a little vulgar. This hang out with this friend seems a little too suspicious for me but I'll play along, it's not like I am really going to do anything. We all have a few rounds of drinks, I find out this friend is visiting from Hawaii and she is a principal.

It's an hour into our hang out, Oscar and his girl are making out all over each other. The friend and I decide on a game of pool, friend stands up to take off a jacket she was wearing. She reveals a tank shirt underneath, it shows her chest extremely well.I smirk slightly and walk off to the pool tables. She follows me, "What was the smirk for?" she says.

"You cannot be cold, it's freezing outside...and I also informed you, I have a wife. I'm married." I state plainly clear again. She comes up and grabs the pool sticks. She looks at me, "You think I am trying to seduce you?"

"Are you not?" I say right back, I take one of the pool sticks from her. She says no response and I let her go first, she does so. "We can at least be friends?" she finally adds. I nod, while taking my shot, "Friends are always good....,how long are you staying in New York?"

She takes her shot, she is holding the stick wrong. I laugh slightly and help tilt it more for her, she adjusts herself and takes it. She gets a few in. "I am staying another week, also you are a really big flirt."

"Yes, I am...look, you are very attractive and I'll play this flirt game with you but that's as far as I go." I take my turn, "Because you're married, your wife is a lucky girl..." she adds, her turn.

I simply smile politely, she goes again "Where is this wife?" she adds.

"Work, she's an ER nurse..." I finally go. Friend, whose name is Ava, looks at me "Well, that's not intimidating at all. Much more impressive than a high school principal who is actually looking for a new school nurse." Her go.

I look at Ava now, more interested "Is that so?"

Last edited by Canadianmummy on Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:55 pm