The Vampire Diaries

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Vampire Diaries

A forum set up for discussion on the hit CW show The Vampire Diaries.

2 posters

The God and the Healer - RP

Canadianmummy

The God and the Healer - RP - Page 19 Empty Re: The God and the Healer - RP

Post  Canadianmummy Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:17 pm

I look round at Davina, who is in my bedroom of all places. I am actually so pissed drunk, I only comprehend slight words coming out of her mouth. I turn to move but I knock into something and I just fall to the bed, I toss whatever bottle I am holding, "I know, typical story right? Husband becomes alcoholic, missing dead wife. Children are..., I don't know, I just don't know." I sit up and look at her, "I always had my plan, go be a General. That is all I knew, everything changed...,I still had to go be the stupid General."

"Did.., did you take the beer from my hand?"
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:27 pm

Davina couldn’t fault him for his sadness, but she could press him to do better. His kids deserved that. He, too, deserved that.

Without a word, she retrieved a handful of napkins from the bedside table and knelt to pick up the broken bottle pieces on the floor. His gaze followed hers, then the realization dawned on his face. He’d thrown the bottle.

He watched her as she cleaned up, then tossed it into the wastebin in the adjoining bathroom. She emerged and stopped in front of the bed, and it escaped neither of them that her hand was brushing against his. Out of respect for him and the wife he’d lost, she pulled away. “Then make new plans,” she said, her voice gentle yet firm. “Decide who you want to be. Your children don’t talk about it, but they see you every day, Lochlan. They don’t need to see you lose yourself. Be strong for them.”

He didn’t want to hear what she was saying, but he needed to nonetheless. “Take the ride with Ryan. If it doesn’t suit you, you’ll have only lost a couple hours of your time.”
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:32 pm

I look at her, "The point of that would be? Caius is talking to me, not you. Why are you even over here? it's fine, we are fine. I just need more time, it's only been 6 months. I also missed 3 years, I went to a prison world for her. None of that matters now, she fucking died anyways."
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:42 pm

“It all matters,” she said, her tone hard and her words final. “It matters because you found one another again. Because she gave you three beautiful children, and those children are hurting too. They need their father.”

The room was littered with bottles and empty glasses. She got to work collecting them all into a pile. When the children had gone to bed, she would take them out for recycling, but for now, it was simply the two of them alone.

“You know this isn’t what your wife would want,” she said, turning back to him. “You’re stronger than this.”
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:44 pm

"I don't miss the nagging voice of a woman, that is for sure..." I stand up, go to walk but she stops me and looks at me. Tells me to get to bed, I look at her, "This is really cute but little girl, I am not really in the mood to be bossed around by a warlock right now."

PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:53 pm

He seemed to want a reaction out of her, but she had more patience than most. Instead of speaking, she stepped closer and placed her hand against his head, her touch feather-soft.

“Sleep,” she whispered, and he collapsed. She caught him before he fell, hooked her hands beneath his arms, and then led him to the bed. It wasn’t her place to undress him, but she took it upon herself to remove his shoes. She then tucked him in, discarded the alcohol glasses, and returned to place a bottle of water on his bedside table.

She saw the kids to bed and simply explained to them that their father was sleepy. Niamh and Cillian knew better but thankfully they didn’t press the matter. She bathed Liam, reveled in the child’s sweet laughter, and dressed him in his pajamas. She read him a story, tucked him in as she’d done his father, and sent him to sleep with a kiss on his forehead.

She left with every intention to return the next day. She wasn’t giving up on anyone. Her father had raised her better, and more than that, she cared deeply for this flawed little family.
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:58 pm

The next morning, I woke up to smelling bacon. Weird, I looked to the side table and saw the alarm clock read 8:00am, shit the kids and school. I jumped out of bed and rushed to the kitchen, I then saw Davina. She was just putting Liam's jacket on him and the other two were at door ready to leave. "Davina made us lunch, she really puts your chicken salad to shame Dad..." Cillian says.

Davina tells me their coffee ready and plate of bacon and eggs done for me. I don't know what to say, I feel embarassed but also thankful. Niamh looks at me to say something, I finally do and look at her, "Thank you, even though you---" I stop from saying made me pass out. "Thank you" I say again.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:04 pm

Davina simply smiled in return. “You’re welcome.”

She turned back to the kids. “Wait in the car, please. I’ll join you in just a moment.”

The kids obeyed, talking amongst themselves as they ran down the steps and toward Lochlan’s car. He stared at her expectantly, waiting for whatever she had to say.

“Eat,” she said, and then she reconsidered her words. “Please eat, rather.” Last night remained unspoken between them but it was surely on both of their minds.

“I don’t often do things against a person’s will, but you were in dire need of rest. I hope you’ll oblige Ryan. He cares for you.”

With that, she was gone to take the kids to school.
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:10 pm

I watch her walk off, then look to the food. I am starving and I sure do devour it. I go to my phone and on it, a note that says call Ryan. I can't help but actually chuckle a little bit. I do it, I call him and I go on the ride along.

Neither of us talking, "Was this really your wifes idea?" I look at him, he shakes his head, "No, you were a soldier."

I nod to that, "Makes sense I guess. I never really had to think of this stuff but yeah, I'll try it out."

That night they go out for beers, I texted Davina to please feed the kids. I finally come home, not drunk. Only 2 beers as Ryan is a father, he doesn't get piss drunk. That much.

I walk in and can see Davina sitting on the couch with Niamh, I go into the kitchen and she follows in. Wants to know what happened, I looked at her but before I say anything, she tells me their is chicken parm for me. I see it, I look at her, "I took the job. I am going through basic training like everyone else in two weeks."

Davina claps for me, I look at her, "I can take it from here though. Thanks for watching the kids..."
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:21 pm

Davina was happy to see him drinking less and on the right path, but it didn’t mean he was anywhere close to healed. As frustrating as the man could be, he was a good man underneath it all, and his heart was pure. She tried not to entertain her innermost thoughts too deeply, but he was also attractive and there was no denying the fact. It was far too soon and far too inappropriate, so she kept it to herself. She was here to help, nothing more.

“I can help you,” she said. “You’ll be in training. I enjoy watching the kids, Lochlan. It won’t be a bother.”
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:25 pm

I think about that,nodding "That is true but I am going to pay you, you could be out doing whatever 23 year olds do but instead stuck with my kids." I hear a "Hey!"

I look to see Cillian come into the kitchen, glued to his ipad and I look at him, "I'm not wrong, you are certainly no picnic."

"Ha ha old man, you are insanely funny." He says to me, Cora's attitude right there. I just cough a bit and look to Davina, as I go to heat up the food in the microwave. Cillian walks in front of me, he grabbed chips and off he goes.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:33 pm

Davina chuckled at Cillian as he walked past. She hadn’t known Cora long, but she’d gathered the rest from Caius and the kids. They certainly took after the mother when it came to their humor.

She was steadfast in her commitment here. “Money is of no concern. I’m a warlock. We have a wealth of it where I’m from.”

She stepped up to him and patted him on the shoulder. “I’ll see you tomorrow.” He was all scruff now. She wasn’t sure when she’d last seen him clean-shaven. She ran her fingers over his beard and smirked. “Perhaps you can do something about this in the meantime.”

Alarms were going off in her head. She was joking and being playful and none of it was in the rulebook. He was still in mourning. This was so unlike her, it surprised even herself. She lowered her hand in an instant, then stepped back.
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:37 pm

I look at her, thinking what was that just about. Wonders is she doing this job to sleep with me? It's not happening. I look at her unsure what to say, "I will just text you then...if I need you and I am giving you something for looking after them. Warlock or not, it's the normal thing a person would do. I am trying to be normal..."

Niamh comes in and says goodnight to her Dad and Davina, she goes upstairs too. Lochlan sits at the empty table, has water actually and looks to see Davina is still there. "That look is what I don't want...,you have this pity look! I am just eating."
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:49 pm

Her heart was still thumping in her chest because of her stupid mistake. She had no idea what had come over her.

“The word you’re looking for is sympathy,” she answered, and because she needed to get overself and fix this moment before it turned into the Night of the Awkward Beard Caress, she grabbed a plate and sat down as well. She said not a word, and surprisingly neither did he. They ate in a silence that was almost comfortable in a strange sort of way, and when they were finished, she collected the plates and washed them in the sink.

On her way out the door, she wished him a good night, and then she was gone.
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:56 pm

It had been a month now, I did my training at the academy. I passed, without magic. My own basic abilities. Ryan used his connections and got me a job. I spent my mornings kissing the kids bye and then an awkward wave to Davina. She has been a real help, she watches the children while I studied and now I work all kinds of weird shifts.

The one thing I find consistent, is no matter my shift. It could even be a 7-7 and I walk in at near 8am. I see Davina has a spread of food laid out and we eat together. She starts to tell me what the children did and I usually just listen, for awhile we didn't speak.

I finally open up about this weird guy I had to arrest, it's a funny story actually and we both are laughing. Davina stands finally, it's a Saturday night this time and she confesses to have plans.

I nod and all,"Of course..." I stand up and grab the dishes.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:10 pm

Her plan for the night involved a date with a warlock her father had found for her, and truth be told, she wasn’t all that anxious for it. She understood her reason for existing in the first place; Caius didn’t want their lineage to dwindle, but considering the sheer number of children and grandchildren, she highly doubted it would ever be an issue. Nonetheless, she catered to her father’s wishes when she could.

He could read minds, and she was not exempt from his powers. It shone through her clearly as day how she felt about Lochlan and his family. She was sure that her father wanted her mind off of the grieving man and onto a more suitable one, a warlock with whom she could procreate. She didn’t dare get so personal with Lochlan to tell him this, but Niamh was more than aware of her upcoming date. Girl talk and the like.

“And you?” Davina asked, curious as to his own plans. “Have you anything scheduled?”

Lochlan simply pointed toward the couch in the living room. Clearly television and relaxation were the only tasks on his list. She didn’t begrudge him that. He worked hard, and he’d more than earned the rest.

Because she hated to leave so quickly, she helped him clean up despite his polite protests. They stood together at the kitchen sink; she washed while he dried, and again, the silence was comfortable. She’d had fun speaking with him at the dinner table. She’d loved hearing his stories from the job. She’d relished his laughter, something she hadn’t seen in far too long, but at the end of the day, their friendly banter was all their friendship could be. It was best not to think on it too much.

She gave him a smile once the dishes had been put away, wished him a good evening as she always did, and then left for her date.

For someone so punctual, she was a good half hour late. She couldn’t find it within herself to care that she’d stayed for something as mundane as household chores and left the warlock waiting.
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:16 pm

I went to sit on the couch, turned on the tv and popped on the baseball game. Beer in hand and sat in blissful silence, that was until I heard movement fro upstairs. I simply stare at the ceiling, thinking really? I get up and go outside, go to the back window and I stand their, arms folded and wait. Sure enough, I see Niamh open her window and climb down the side, she lands on her feet.

"We have a front door..." I say, she jumps and sees me, "Are you going to be this kind of teenager? One who sneeks out, whose the guy?" I say. She looks at me, "It's a party at Annie's house, their is a boy I have a crush on. He is so nice, on the debate team and just..." "Dreamy?" I say, she looks at me annoyed.

"You could have just asked me, I am not that bad...your mother would have said no way but give me some credit." I say, she looks at me, "Really?" I nod, "You can go but I want you home by 11, I will actually drive you and be picking you up. Exactly at 11 or I go inside the house to look for you."

She smiles and hugs me, "I will be punishing you later for sneaking out though.." I say, she laughs saying I know.

I drive her and stop to let her out, she looks at me and a kiss on the cheek, before she gets out and looks at me, "Davina is on a date..." I look at her, "Okay?"

She gives me a look, "What?" I say, she looks at me,"On a date..." says again and leaves the car.

I watch her walk off, she looks back at me and then goes in the house. I sit in the car before moving it, why would I care what Davina is doing? I don't think of her in any way really. I don't think of any woman like that. I drive back home and continue my night, beer switches to water as I have to stay sober to pick her up.

I think a little more on what she said, it's only been 7 months or so...,or so? It's too soon for another woman, it's been a long time since I have had sex but hey, I have a hand.

Niamh, crazy.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:45 pm

The date went pretty standard, as far as warlock dates tend to go. They weren’t known for their romantic side as much as they were for their ability to carry on the lineage. While most fathers did all they could to keep their daughters little, warlocks did the opposite. She was of age, she was mature, and she was motherly enough, but Davina craved more than one night and the ensuing pregnancy. She wanted all the things that humans wanted. She wanted love, and commitment, and the white picket fence.

While her siblings roamed the universe, planting seeds and bearing children, Davina never took it past the first date. When the warlock took her home and lingered outside her door, he smiled cordially and straightened his suit.

“I do hope you enjoyed our evening,” he said, because warlocks were nothing if not overly polite.

Davina nodded. “It was pleasant, thank you.”

He looked at her door, and then back into her eyes again. “Shall we proceed or would you prefer I leave?”

He meant, are we having sex or do you wish to never see me again? It was all so formal, so structured, and yet no woman on the planet would ever be wooed by such words. She shook her head and offered him a small smile. “I’ll be sleeping alone. Enjoy your evening.”

The warlock nodded, not offended in the slightest. There were far more fish in the sea. She had a couple hundred sisters who’d gladly take him up on the offer. “You, as well,” he said, and then he graciously kissed the back of her hand before descending the steps and driving away.

Caius called her cell phone while she made breakfast for the children. She answered while she flipped the French toast in the pan and watched it sizzle. “Yes, Father.”

“How did your date go?”

She refrained from sighing. “He was nice. Nothing more.”

She couldn’t help but imagine Lochlan pushing Niamh out there to date and get impregnated after the first outing. She chuckled to herself at the thought. He’d have a coronary.

“I suppose it’s no matter,” Caius replied. “There are others. Surely one will be a fit.”

She knew he didn’t want her going after Lochlan. He didn’t have to worry on that end. “Father, if you’ll excuse me, I have to go.”

“You’re at Lochlan’s?”

Where else would she be? “It’s my job. I’m looking after his children.”

Caius wasn’t convinced, but he was too nice to say it. “Of course. Have a wonderful day, dear.”

“You, too,” she murmured, and after she hung up and finished doling out plates, Lochlan emerged. She smiled at him while the kids devoured the food on their plates, then handed him his own. “Good morning.”
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:01 am

It was Sunday morning, I had the day off. I was surprised to see Davina, "I heard you had a date....,surprised to see you here. I guess the guy was, not up to standards?"

"He wasn't me..." Cillian pipes up, I look at my son "You are in for some major trouble when you get older"

I look to Davina, "So, go on...tell us." I eat, why am I so curious? Niamh made it such a big deal, I'll ask. I like Davina, as a person, she has been to the family.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:09 am

She smirked at Cillian. “He most certainly wasn’t you. Perhaps a little laughter would have helped.”

She focused on Lochlan, then, and shrugged. “Warlock dates are far from the norm. He was a gentleman, but I want more than that, so I declined a... continuation.” She wasn’t about to talk about the specifics in front of the kids, so instead she took a bite out of her own breakfast and chased it down with juice. She didn’t need to look up to know that Lochlan’s gaze was upon her.
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:31 am

I look at her, nodding and understanding, the kids run off to play or do their games. I help her clean up as we always do. "So, was this guy an asshole? I would know if you need me to check..?" I say, innocently enough, I would hate to see her taken advantage. What has happened to me? Since when do I care about that stuff?
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:15 am

Davina wasn't sure why he was concerned, but it was nice of him to ask nonetheless. She could more than hold her own against any suitor who treated her less than favorably.

She laughed and passed him another plate to dry and put away, then picked up the next item for washing. "He was perfectly respectful, but I thank you for the offer."

She turned her head to meet his gaze, still smiling from her laughter. He looked right back at her, a myriad of emotions behind his eyes, and she couldn't decipher a single one of them. His expression was... intense.

She looked away again and busied herself with the dishes. If he was truly curious, then she guessed she'd go ahead and spill her guts to the grieving god at her side. "Quite honestly, it's not as if my father doesn't care about what I want. He doesn't really understand my qualms; I'm a bit of an anomaly amongst my kind. While my siblings go out, have one date, and breed, I turn down every date at the end of the evening. I want something real."
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:11 am

I look at her, "I'm curious now...how does a warlock date go?" Davina explains to me, Niamh comes into the kitchen and says "Hey, we are watching a movie..."

She walks off and I look to Davina, "Shall we proceed?" Davina cracks a smile and walks ahead of me, I can't help but feel a little turned on by that smile. I correct myself, it's Davina. She's a warlock and it's far too soon.

I am clearly getting lonely, I miss...I miss Cora.

I stand still at the kitchen, I hear by Dad being called and look to see Cillian, asking if I am coming. I nod, and rustle his hair. We sit and I sit next to Davina on the couch, I ask what are we watching and it's some action film. Not very appropriate for Liam, Davina is on it and gets him up to bed. She comes back down and sits.

We watch and laugh, Niamh looks at me "Daddy, we are going to the beach next weekend with Davina, want to come?"

I look at her, "Working babe, I can maybe meet you though, I work till 7am and I can sleep a bit, meet you around noon?" Niamh and Cillian are excited about that.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:34 am

The beach was a blast. The children hadn't been, and Coney Island had a multitude of things to do. Davina wore a bathing suit, something modest and flowery, but she did more looking after Liam than she did swimming in the ocean. While Cillian and Niamh laughed and played, making a game out of jumping over each incoming wave, Davina happily walked hand in hand with Liam. They were close enough for the water to wash over their feet, but that was where it ended with him.

Davina tried not to notice Lochlan's lack of a shirt or his swimming trunks or his fit physique. She tried not to feel anything when he lifted Liam over his shoulders and walked him around the beach. He said he was fine with guarding the towels, but after some pressure from Davina and the kids, he acquiesced. It took nearly dragging him into the water, but when the splashing commenced, he smiled. Perhaps it was merely for the kids, or perhaps not, but she enjoyed the moment for what it was. He was out and he was living. He was being a father.

When they returned, everyone showered and changed for dinner. While the pot roast and vegetables cooked in the oven, Davina made quick work of sweeping up the sand that now covered the floor. Niamh joined her a moment later and sat herself down at the dinner table.

"I take it you had fun?" Davina asked with a grin, because it was evident she had.

"God yes," Niamh replied, her skin flushed from her time in the sun. "Thanks for taking us."

"Any time, my friend."

A short silence passed before Niamh spoke again. Davina had come around to set the table. "Dad had fun, too."

The girl was looking at her expectantly, as if she were trying to gauge her reaction. "I'm glad he did."

Niamh sighed. Obviously her friend hadn't taken the bait. "You know, he's going on a date tonight. That's why he's still in his room."

She paused. Only for a second, but the girl took notice. Quickly, she shook it off and continued setting down napkins. "I hope he enjoys himself." It wasn't her place to care about what he did. Technically, he was her boss. One she was friendly with, but her boss nonetheless. "You're okay with that, I hope? His going on a date?"

Niamh shrugged. "He's got to get out some time, I guess." Suddenly, she smirked. "Are you okay?"

What was it with this child? She was getting her flustered. "Of course I am."
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:41 am

I come out of the bedroom, I can't believe I am even agreeing to this. I come into the kitchen finally, "That smells good, can smell it from upstairs..." I say about the dinner in the oven. Niamh says, "Too bad you're going on a date.."

"It's not a date..."I said, my daughter gives me a look that just mirrors her mother. "It's not, I agreed to...see this woman is a friend of your aunt Sophia's, and I am just...getting her off my back."

"I am just teasing dad" Niamh says and then burries her head into her phone, she's gone to the world. I can't seem to shake that Cora look, I walk off trying to hide my nervousness. I never get nervous around women, ever. I go to grab my car keys but I look at Davina, "I never asked you, forgot, you don't mind staying? I don't have to go if you're doing something. More warlock dates of your own?"

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:10 pm