The Vampire Diaries

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Vampire Diaries

A forum set up for discussion on the hit CW show The Vampire Diaries.

2 posters

The God and the Healer - RP

Canadianmummy

The God and the Healer - RP - Page 16 Empty Re: The God and the Healer - RP

Post  Canadianmummy Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:25 am

I look at Cora with no response yet, I look to Mary “I want the dimension who is attacking to be the priority, they are a threat to us if we don’t stop them. Arendale is not our concern. If we need more soldiers, more are being trained at our academy as we speak, recruit them if you have too. You are dismissed.” Mary nods and leaves.

I look at Cora, “Do I really have to say how pissed off I am? I hope not. I don’t want to say it but you are my wife, I am the general and I don’t need advice from you on how to win a war, thank you.”

I sit back down.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:28 am

I cross my legs and lean back in the chair. “Ok, admittedly I probably should’ve discussed this with you in private, rather than barging in during a meeting. However...”

He sighs, but I continue. “Maybe you don’t need advice on how to be a General, but I’ve got tons of advice on how to be compassionate. You don’t have to lead like your father. I’m gonna go out on a limb and assume he wouldn’t jump to help some other dimension, either.”

He’s getting angrier. I’m getting more determined. I think back to how Mary had addressed him. “Permission to speak freely, sir?” I keep going. “The enemy of an enemy is our friend. I’ll go.”
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:39 pm

"I will take your advice into consideration, you are dismissed..wife" I say, looking at her keeping this like a meeting I would have with one of my soldiers. She walks off.

I watch her leave and I sit back in my chair, frustrated.

She makes me so mad, this is her personality. She is always going to help others and I am trying to accept it. It's getting to the point where I should just lie and say I tried but do what I wanted to anyways.

PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:52 am

Luther
    The God and the Healer - RP - Page 16 Dwayne-Johnsons-Tattoo-2-650x650

Battle song

I know my husband well enough to know that he’s not taking what I said into consideration. He’d never send me onto the front lines of a battle. He can’t even go, himself, because he’s the General now. Generals stay away from the action and make the orders, even though I know Lochlan misses the thrill of the fight.

It’s not like I need his permission anyway, but still. I know he’ll be angry. His mistake was that he didn’t make me promise not to go. I can’t go back on a promise, because that’s as good as a lie, and I’ve never lied to my husband. So I do the next best thing and wait until he’s distracted with the kids before I head out.

I know things are a lot more serious on the battlefield than he’d have me believe. If it were such a simple feat, he wouldn’t keep having to send more soldiers to fight. How many more have to die before I step in and take care of it? I know I can, and yet I’m stuck at the mansion with the kids.

Well, not today.

As soon as I teleport to the heart of the action, a dagger is flying right toward me. I stop its trajectory with my power, then angle it backward and let it slice through the neck of the man who sent it my way. Our soldiers are everywhere, fighting the Dark gods, sheer brutality against sheer brutality, pools of blood and bodiless heads covering the ground beneath us.

I focus my energy and begin to work. I send an entire group of our attackers up in flames, diminishing their bodies to dust where they stand. Wrong call, maybe, because now my soldiers have turned to me, briefly distracted from the war going on around them. I shake my head. “Keep going!”

Just then, I spot Mary. She sees me, and her eyes narrow. She knows as well as everyone else that I’m not supposed to be here, but there’s also shock in her expression, too. Before she can chastise me, a Dark god approaches, sword held high, but I force him back with a burst of energy, then move the hand with the blade until it’s pointing at his own neck. He stares down at his weapon, at his own arm, as it heads toward him. His eyes are wide and frantic; his hand shakes as the blade approaches. He doesn’t know why he’s about to behead himself, nor does he want to, but he can’t fight it. Mary looks on in surprise as the man buries the sword in his own throat and then drops to the ground.

More soldiers approach. I send them flying back, propelling their bodies until they smash into buildings and boulders and any surface their backs happen to meet. I watch the fires grow as they scream and try to fight my hold. In seconds, they’re mere ashes in the wind.

Mary rushes up to me, her gaze flitting around us, always on alert. “You can’t be here, Cora. The General will have all our asses.”

I snort. “I’ll take care of my husband. Where are the rest of them gathered?”

She points toward a large building that’s nearly in ruins, crater-sized holes in the concrete and windows blown out. “We were taking out the ones around the perimeter first.” A quick glance around us proves that it’s been taken care of. “Now we advance.”

I take a step towards the building when her hand wraps around my arm and yanks me back. “We have to wait for our forces and regroup. Take cover.”

When she kneels behind a boulder, I join her, the stone cool against our backs. “How many?” I ask, taking the moment to peer over the rock before ducking again.

“At least a couple hundred. We’ve been at this for weeks but there are plenty of these guys.”

“Any innocents in there?”

She shakes her head. “Not that I know of. The Arendales are busy fighting more of these assholes on their own dimension.”

Are there battlefield dimensions or something? Dimensions purely for waging wars and settling scores? This place is a wasteland. Dust covers the streets, every building and home has been demolished save for a few, and there are more than a few skeletons littering the ground. All I see around me is death. Even the skies are gray and downcast, forever promising rain, yet the air is so dry I can taste it.

“I’ll torch the place, then head on over to the Arendales. There aren’t any gods I should worry about killing, are there?” Last time I killed someone, my husband went to prison for three years. I don’t want a repeat of that.

Mary shakes her head. “No. Most of these are Kane’s men. But, Miss-“

“It’s Cora, and I’ll be fine.”

We’re joined then by a man who’s nearly as big as the boulder we’re sitting against. He has a bald head, a tanned complexion, and arms bigger than my body. He kneels beside us, regards me with surprise, and then laughs.

“The General has a type, doesn’t he?”

Mary sighs. “No kidding. He’s going to kill us for this.”

I groan. “For the last time, hon, I won’t let Lochlan do anything. I came here on my own free will.” I turn to the big man beside us. He flashes me a bright white smile and offers me his hand.

I return the handshake and smile right back. “Jesus, you’re gigantic.”

He chuckles. “I’ve been fighting for many centuries, ma’am. Name’s Luther.”

Again with the ma’am. I’m going to have to send out a notice that I’m not that old. “Please, call me Cora. We’re all friends here.”

Mary looks incredulous. “Are we really doing this right now? They’re literally throwing axes at us.”

“Whoah, really?” I rise on my haunches to peek behind the boulder, but Luther gently places a hand on my shoulder to ease me back down.

I like Mary, but given the circumstances, she’s acting super serious. She looks at Luther with wide eyes and clenched teeth. “Father, call the General. If she gets so much as a scratch-“

I gasp and turn to Luther. “Holy shit, you’re her dad? You’re the top soldier I heard about!” He’s even more handsome when he grins at me. Come to think of it, I haven’t met a single ugly god yet. “It’s a pleasure, sir. Really.” I look back at Mary. “And I’ll tell my husband when I get back. You gods are so dramatic.”

With that, I stand and brush the dust off of my leggings and shake out my tank top. I’m covered in a fine layer of dust; I try not to think too hard about just what, or who, is on me.

“Cover me, guys. Or don’t.”

I focus and send forth a blast that rocks the entire dimension. Concrete breaks off and tumbles to the ground; fire spreads out from within. The sound of agonized screams fills the air, and within moments, we’re left with an eerie silence.

As the rest of our army collects their weapons and celebrates the victory, I speak with Mary and Luther in private.

“I know Lochlan forbade bringing the Arendales to your dimension, so I won’t touch that yet. We don’t have to take them from their home. I’m going to scope out the place and take care of the trespassers. I can help them rebuild, guys. We’ve taken care of everything else.”

Luther smirks. “Thanks to you. I heard that carrying Niamh turned you into a god, but this is something else.”

I blush. “I like you, Luther. Look, don’t worry about me. I can do this.”

Mary looks all kinds of uncomfortable. “What are we supposed to tell your husband?”

I stare at her, unblinking. “The truth. I came here because I wanted to. Tell him that.”

Luther, who’d been busy wiping blood and brain matter off of his weapons, lets out a deep and booming laugh that echoes around us. “I don’t think so, spitfire. If you go, I go. I’m not leaving the General’s wife alone for this.”

Mary steps up as well, rules and protocol be damned. “Fuck it. Let’s go.”

I’m beaming at the both of them. “I love you guys. We’re doing the right thing here, I can feel it.”

I offer them my hands and they accept. With only a thought, we’re gone.

The Arendales’ dimension has seen far better days. It’s not a wasteland like the one we used for our battle, but there’s plenty of destruction to be seen. Dark gods roam the streets, weapons in hand, so we take cover behind what used to be a guard tower.

Luther disappears and then reappears in seconds. “Innocents are scattered, most of them hiding in basements. There are a great many of them being held in a handful of buildings. Dark ones are keeping watch.”

Mary nods. “We need a distraction. Something to bring them out.”

I scan the area and find a building nearby. “No sign of life there. I can start a blaze to get their attention.”

Luther shakes his head and points toward what looks like a massive coliseum. “Better yet, they’ve set up their own headquarters in the training center. No Arendales in sight, just the bad guys.”

Mary grins. “Perfect. You got this, Cora?”

I love my new friends. They believe in me. They know I’m capable. For the first time in a long time, I feel useful. Is this what Lochlan misses so much? I get it now. The rush. “We’re totally grabbing drinks after this.”

With that, the coliseum goes up in flames. More screams, more banging, more infrastructure collapsing to the ground. I’m sorry to do this to the dimension that the Arendales call home, but their lives are worth more than a few buildings.

The fire has the desired effect; hordes of Dark gods emerge from inside, rushing toward the madness. It takes nothing to burn them, too.

Luther turns to Mary. “You take the East, I’ll take the West. We’ll evacuate the Arendales and lead them over there.” He points to the empty building I’d chosen before. He looks at me, sheer pride on his face. “Our General picked a good one.”

Aw, these guys. “I’ll be sure to remind him of that when we get back. You guys go, and I’ll cover.”

Luther and Mary branch out in either direction, taking out soldiers right and left with swift efficiency, their every movement deadly and precise. I follow behind, setting fire to anything that moves and keeping watch for my new buds.

Moments later, amidst a sea of headless and burnt bodies, the two emerge with large groups of Arendale captives, fear on their faces and dirt on their clothes. It doesn’t take long to find the rest and reassure them that they’re safe now.

I promise them I’ll do whatever I can to help them rebuild. The threat is gone, but their dimension has been throughly ransacked, their homes obliterated.

For now, though, they can breathe.

I try to hang around and get to know everyone, but Mary and Luther are anxious to get back. By now, the other soldiers have made Lochlan aware of just what happened. We’ve been gone a while.

After issuing hugs and accepting thanks, my heart heavy at the sight of young children among them, we head back home.

As soon as we cross the threshold of the mansion and step into the foyer, we’re greeted by my husband’s angry stare. Luther and Mary stand at attention, their hands raised in salute, but I simply step forward and give him my best smile.

“It’s taken care of. I came of my own accord, and no one could’ve stopped me. Luther and Mary only stayed with me because they refused to leave me alone, so if you want to take it out on anyone, then be mad at me. They did nothing wrong.”

I rise to my tiptoes and give my husband a kiss on the cheek. “I’m going to go shower. I’m covered in dead people.”

Last edited by PuppyWithATutu on Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:34 am; edited 2 times in total
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:05 am

By the time I was alerted about Cora, joining the battle. I almost killed the guy who told me, he left with a broken arm but soon I paced the office. She also makes me feel like a laughing stock, I can't control my own wife, how do I command an army?

I heard the threat was defeated, Arendale can breathe easier and are safe. Luther steps up to me, as I continue to just stare at Cora "You picked a great gal their boss, you set up a great line of defense...she just happened to be our secret weapon."

I look at him, even he knows I am mad and leans into me "She made it back, she's alive...grand scheme of things, it's a win win."

He steps back and walks off, Mary then steps up to me and looks like I am going to slash her throat.

"Let me guess, she makes sure you will be okay and not punished? What am I to fucking do, just ignore all of this? Yeah, it's fine my wife risked her life and didn't tell me, went off anyways and you knew."

"I did not know!" Mary says, I look at her not believing that.

"You're fired, you are lucky I am not doing anything more than that. You are dismissed." I say, Mary goes to challenge, "Dismissed..." I say again, she walks off and I look to Cora and instead of saying much of anything else, I say "You did a good job, thank you" I walk off, knowing full well she is going to follow me.

It's late at night here, I am ready for bed. I was so worried about her.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:11 am

I stomp off after my husband, rage in my heart. “You did not just fire her! She didn’t know! She was the one who was deadset on making me go back!”

When he keeps walking, I grab him by the shoulder and turn him around until he’s facing me. “Call her back. She did nothing wrong. If anyone needs to be punished for anything, it’s me. It was an easy job. We were in and out, and they only came with me because you’d only be more pissed if I went off alone. Now you can stop sending soldiers to be killed, Lochlan. It’s taken care of.”
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:13 am

"I do not give a shit about the ligistics! You could have been killed, you have two children. You couldn't even tell me, Cora, we really have a lot of fucking issues not trusting each other, you know that?"

I go into the washroom to brush my teeth, "I fired her because she would expect me to do something, you got lucky. You think you have the answer and skill for every fucking thing you do. It's irritating as hell, shall I go on?"
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:18 am

I’m so mad, the house shakes around us. If I don’t keep myself in check, I’ll demolish the damned thing. “I snuck out because you’d have never let me go! Hell, you’d probably lock me up in those god chains in the basement. Give Mary her job back, or I swear I’ll fry your ass extra crispy, you absolute dick. I’m not some delicate flower. I kicked ass in two different dimensions and ended a war in thirty minutes flat.”
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:21 am

I look at her and go up to her, "Go ahead..., you think you're actually going to hurt me? And really, I would fucking chain you up? How about we go to sleep before I leave this fucking house. It's done, she is fired. Like I said, it could have been a whole lot worse for her. You made your decision, you went and I said good job. You helped me out, I appreciate it. You still have to see reprocautions for it."

I go lay in bed, exactly how I said I would.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:24 am

I march up to the bed and throw the covers off of him, my body growing hot from my anger. “We’re not done talking, you thick-skulled motherfucker! You fired her for nothing and you’re too prideful to admit it!”

I throw my arms out to my sides, dust and dirt falling off my body with every movement. I look like I took a bath in volcanic ash. “You want to punish someone? Let’s go. Let’s fight!”
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:30 am

"Cora, you are just making me want to fuck you..more than anything. At least that is a good thing. Stop fucking pushing it." I say, she gets on top of me and now the bed is all dirty.

I stand up annoyed, I look at her and pin her to the wall "Is this what you want? For me to actually hurt you and you hurt me? Stop, get over it. I am not going back on my decision."
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:38 am

I don’t want to hurt him. Well, most of me doesn’t. And I’ll gladly fuck him once he gives Mary her job back. I promised her she’d be safe, and now this. I don’t like breaking promises and this is one hell of a promise to break.

I break free from his hold without an ounce of effort, then spin until he’s the one pressed against the wall, my hands gripped tightly around his wrists. “What a General you are, Lochlan. Firing an innocent woman. No one could’ve stopped me, least of all you.”

He glares back at me and I return it tenfold. “You like a woman with a little fire right until it burns you,” I seethe, my eyes narrowed. I let my hands grow hot with my rage, and he most certainly feels it. He hisses in a breath between his teeth, surprise on his face. I let the heat dissipate, and because I feel bad, I heal him immediately. Despite my anger, I’m soft when it comes to him. “Call Mary. She did nothing wrong.” I step closer and stare down at a pair of kissable lips, lust stirring within me. “Then you can punish me. Do whatever you damned well please, General.”
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:43 am

I look at her, I lean in "No, I am not going back on it." Before she can do anything else, I reach to pull down her pants and she doesn't fight me. "You want me to punish you fine, the only way I can."

"It must be so frustrating, to have a spouse who doesn't listen to what you're telling them to do, just like you are doing to me." I look at her, she looks at me and of course we go crazy on each other. The furniture is broken, torn upside down.

I am slammed into a wall, she is slammed into a wall. We finish with me laying on the floor, she is next to me. "You need to shower and now, so do I...because I am covered in dirt."

She looks at me and I look back, "The answer is still no."
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:48 am

My body is still humming from the orgasm, my thighs quaking from the intensity. I shouldn’t have done this. I can’t make him change his mind this way.

Soreness between my legs and anger in my heart, I stand and pick up the clothes that are strewn around the bedroom.

“I’m taking a shower and sleeping in one of the guest rooms. We won’t be fucking again until Mary has her job back. I made her a promise and I intend to make good on it.”

With that, I’m gone.
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:55 am

It has been 3 days, Cora and I see each other at breakfast with the children. I help Niamh with her book, she's been learning how to read. She has been enrolled at the best school in our dimension of course, the only school really.

I dote on her more, I know my father skills is a turn on for Cora, trying to seduce her has been a game to me now. The children are soon dismissed, Cillian goes off with the nanny and Niamh to school. I look at my wife, I move my hand underneath the table and up her thigh. I suddenly feel hot, her hand is on mine. I take it away, looking at her annoyed.

"You'll cave eventually, you're the one who can't hold off." I stand up and walk off, view of my ass usually does it too but she walks the other way. I laugh at her, I know she's getting more mad.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:13 am

Lochlan can keep teasing me all he wants. I know I’ll get him to cave eventually. He knows he made the wrong move by firing her; he just won’t admit it.

I take a trip to earth and visit my family a few days later. Ryan’s son, Isaac, is simply adorable. I fill them in on what happened, then I take advice from Kat and Sophia on how to drive my husband wild enough to stop the tomfoolery. My brothers leave the room for that discussion. Long story short, I’m hitting up the sex stores before I return.

When I’m back in Lochlan’s dimension, I return with bags full of goodies, lingerie and toys filled to the brim.

When Lochlan lies beside me over the next few nights, I’m either nude or nearly there, in one lacy getup or another. He walks in one evening and I’m on the bed, new toy in hand. It’s nicely sized, deep purple in color, and it swivels. Since Frank was destroyed in the house fire, this is my new buddy.

Legs spread, taunting my husband, I show him the vibrator. “This is Khal Drogo. He’ll be keeping me company until you call Mary.”

He stares back at me in silence. I move Khal to where I need him, my gaze never straying from my husband as he watches me. This would be a lot more fun if it weren’t such a torturous endeavor. Khal is nice, but he isn’t Lochlan. Lochlan knows it, too.
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:25 am

I look at what she's in,"Okay,you win...yes as easily as that." I go over and take the toy, crawl on top of her with my clothes being peeled off. Cora herself says thank god, I look at her "This works a lot better if you don't rub it in my face...." I say, with a smirk. I kiss her and rub my face to somewhere else.
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:52 pm

One morning, it’s early and I am in my office. I hear a knock on the door, I tell the person to enter and they do so. It’s Mary.

“Thank you for agreeing to come so early” I say and she says it’s nothing and to sit. She does so.

I look at her, “This is difficult enough, so I will make it short...you are rehired. Pretend I said all do the other stuff.”

Mary smirks, “What other stuff?”

“You know, I misjudged the situation....” I start to say and Mary says “Nice way to say you were wrong...”

“That is debatable, do you want to the job back?” I say and she nods. She looks at me,”You are such a different person, all because of her.”

“I tried to hold off and not give into her but yes, I am powerless. She wants you as a friend, I think it would be good for her. Just...no trips to go fight in batttles when you hang out with each other.”

Mary laughs, “But you know, she was amazing Lochlan...she is a secret weapon for you.”

“I know that but she has a soft spot, it would get he killed eventually.”

Mary agrees and we spend the morning talking, we were very old friends since childhood.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:49 am

While Cillian naps and Niamh plays with Legos, I take a break and leave them with the nanny for a while. If Lochlan is alone in his office, I have some ideas on how to entertain him. If not, well, I can wait.

When I get to the doorway, I peer in and see him talking to Mary. A smile on my face, I step in and wave to my friend. “Hey, girl! Look, I’m sorry I got you in trouble the other day.”

Mary waves off my apology. “No worries. The General has kindly decided to re-employ me.”

I can’t help but grin at Lochlan. “Yeah, it’s amazing. It’s almost like he wised up and came to his senses without any outside influences.”

Clearly, Mary knows otherwise. I hold a hand to the side of my mouth to shield Lochlan from whatever conspiratorial statement I’m about to make, then give her a wink. “It was my sex magic,” I whisper.
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:45 pm

This wife of mine, but do I want to be denied sex again after last night? No.

"Cora, is their anything you need from me?" I ask her, she smiles and walks off.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One afternoon, the week later, I am sitting in my office as usual. A soldier barges in and I look at him, first in anger but he comes up to me and sets something down in front of me. Guards rushed up but I waved them away. "Found something?" I simply say, the soldier nods. I take what he's handed me in a file.

I open it up and look it over, "I didn't tell my wife anything about this, knowing Gods..theirs always more prophecies about something else. My daughter for sure, is not getting off that easily. This here, proof." I read a prophecy about Niamh, how her power will evolve and at the age of 13, a celestial event will take place. Her power will be enough to drain the energy of most of the dimensions around her.

I read, keeping my poker face. I look to the soldier, "It's Daniels, right?" I say, he nods happy I know his name. "I really appreciate you finding this, becoming a father has really changed me." I close up the file, I ask him to sit, "Are you a father, Daniels? Or married?" I grab out two glasses for whiskey, I fill both of them up. Daniels shakes his head no, "You should get started on it..no life is worth living, when it's alone. Has anyone else seen this file by the way?"

"I came straight here, I teleported as soon as I found it sir." He says, I nod and I move the glass towards him, to accept and take it. When he leans forward to do so, I quickly jump up and break his neck. I watch the body fall down dead, to the ground.

I drink my whiskey down, followed by his too.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:56 pm

I’m all set on telling Lochlan I’ve made plans for us when he emerges from his office, looking frazzled. Something is on his mind. When he looks at me, I stand at once, then call for the nanny to watch over the kids.

I follow him down the hallway, then even further, my nerves going haywire as he makes twists and turns into parts of the mansion I’ve never seen before. With my propensity for getting lost, I’d never dared to venture too far. This place is like a maze.

The farther he takes me, the narrower the halls become, until he reaches a room that’s far enough away from everyone else. He opens the door, gestures for me to enter, and I do so nervously.

When he faces me, I blink up at him in question. “This isn’t about my family coming to visit, right? I literally just made the plans today and I was going to tell you tonight.”

Obviously this is about more than that. He looks too distracted to be mad that I invited my family of humans to our god dimension. I clear my throat. “Lochlan?”
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:01 pm

I look at what she's said, great her family. I ignore that for a second and I tell her, everything about the prophecy. I have my office being cleaned and disposed of the body as we speak.

"It will take a lot of planning, their are dimensions...completely empty ones. When the time comes, we will bring her there..., anyways it's not the time to discuss the details yet. We have time but I knew their was more. I think she will need help, learning how to control her abilities..maybe Caius can do that? Show her how to control her emotions, I would say you but...from experience, you do not control your emotions at all. Don't go saying you do!" I challenge the look on her face.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:17 pm

He’s right. By the time I was pregnant with Cillian, the slightest things set me off. I caused a small earthquake one morning when I went to have cereal and realized we had no milk. I’m not fit to tell anyone how to exercise self control.

I scowl. “Yeah, Caius is the better choice. Look, she’ll be thirteen in ten years. We have enough time to ease her into this.”

Now we have to tell Caius. He obviously wasn’t aware of this part, or he’d surely have told us. I think back to what my mother had told me on my wedding day. She’d said that our child would bring about the destruction of dimensions. I’d waved it off when Niamh was born and nothing happened.

What kind of powers would she gain from the obliteration of dimensions? How much energy would she require?

“Nobody can find out about this,” I whisper, though I have no idea why I’m whispering. Lochlan took me to the Narnia end of the mansion. “If she’s set to become this powerful, not to mention destroy entire dimensions during the change...”

My brain hurts. My heart hurts. I don’t want to think about what all this could mean. I had assumed Niamh would keep whatever she’d been born with. I’d been sorely mistaken. “I saw Daniels rushing into your office. Was he the one who told you? Where is he now?”

When Lochlan gives me a look, I know the answer. Aside from the pang of guilt that hits me, I don’t feel much of anything. I can’t. It’s our daughter. The more people who know, the more danger she’s in.

I simply nod. “Okay. Okay.” I take a few deep breaths, because nothing feels okay. “Okay, I’m gonna go back to the kids. Caius is bringing the family here tomorrow, so if you could notify security?”

I know he hates the idea of them coming here, but it’s a distraction we all need. It’s a new era with Lochlan as the leader. I’m a once-human, Healer god, my family is human, and my best friend is a warlock. If any gods here can’t suck it up and get with the times, my husband will gladly sort them out.

I start toward the long and winding hallway, then turn back to Lochlan with a defeated sigh. “Actually, if you could lead me back to the main room? I have no clue where we are.”

It’s the first smirk I’ve seen out of him all day. I’m glad my lack of spatial awareness is amusing. His hand goes to the small of my back and he leads me back to the kids. My heart swells when I see Niamh; I walk toward her, lift her into my arms, and smother her with kisses.

I don’t need to say anything to Caius when he arrives in the foyer with my family; he can read my mind. His eyes widen for a fraction of a second before he schools his features and flashes Niamh and Cillian a bright smile. My father rushes forward to scoop up Niamh, and Kat, ever the baby lover, coos at Cillian as he rests in her arms. My brothers alternate between hugging me and shaking Lochlan’s hand, but Ellie and Jacob are far more excited about exploring the mansion.

All smiles and talking a mile a minute, our daughter tugs on her grandfather’s hand and leads the rest of us around, more than happy to give everyone the grand tour.

“This is the kitchen where Dave and Larissa make food for us, and this is our nanny, Grace. She’s super nice. Oh, down there is daddy’s office! I can’t go in there, though. He yells at people in there.”

I laugh. “It’s not that bad, sweetie.”

My family finds it funny, though, so we leave it alone. Poor Dad is being dragged around from room to room while the rest of us follow. She stops outside of our bedroom door, after having shown them the nursery, entertainment room, and everything in between. “This is mommy and daddy’s room! Mommy yells at daddy in here.”

Eyes wide, Lochlan and I share glances, then we find the curious faces of my family members turned toward us. She’s making it seem like we fight all the time. It’s not that bad, is it? We shield her from a lot. I clear my throat. “Honey, that rarely happens.”

Niamh shrugs, then looks up at her grandfather, his hand still in hers. “Well, they don’t talk, but she says his name a lot.”

Oh, god. Red-faced, I beckon her away from the door. Luke, the only one in the family with less tact than me, bursts out laughing. Kat and Sophia join him. The kids look confused, but everyone else knows exactly what she means, even if Niamh herself doesn’t.

I may be the mother, but Lochlan is better at getting Niamh to listen. He gestures for her to come toward him, that stern and fatherly look brooking no argument, and her little legs carry her to him. “Let’s move on,” my husband says, but my family is too busy wheezing to do much of anything else.
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:59 pm

I am not a big family person, Cora has hopefully learned this by now. I rather admire from afar but having the children, I feel more obligated. I show them around the whole dimension on a very secured tour. They are amazed by how modern and tech friendly the dimension is. We get back to the mansion and it's supper time.

It's actually an enjoyable dinner, I find Luke amusing. Ryan is still very serious, Cora asked for me to get advice from him on war tactics. As much as I love her, he's not a God, it's a different plain which I tell her.

Later on, I am sitting in my office. I am on the couch in their, work laid out below me on a table, I sip on some whiskey and jot down notes. Caius comes in, I could feel his magic. I look at him, "Interesting day..."

Caius nods, I offer him to sit in the chair across from the couch and offer him whiskey. He drinks it down, I look at that. Then, I don't think this is just about Niamh.

"Is their a problem?" I say, geniunely interested. Caius nods, "I have tried to handle it myself but I think more help...., help from." I interrupt him, as I can't wait to say it, "A god?" with a smile.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:36 am

Caius smiled, but it didn’t reach his eyes. He didn’t like to be a bother, but some matters were beyond him. “I do regret troubling you with personal matters, as I am quite aware of your most recent predicament regarding the newly discovered prophecy. Rest assured that I will gladly assist Niamh in honing her powers and keeping them contained, before and after her shift.”

Lochlan nodded. He already knew Caius would help. The warlock sat cradling his empty glass, and Lochlan wordlessly poured extra, to which Caius offered another empty smile. “Thank you, General.”

He took a sip and then began explaining. “I suppose I should tell you first that I am a father. One of my children, Marcus, has been captured. I had done well to keep them shielded, but the boy can be quite audacious. He means no harm, but the more power he uses, the more he exposes himself. As such, he is being held on a once-vacant dimension, by an army of sorts.” He set down his glass and raised a fist to his mouth to clear his throat. “Forgive me. There is a history, which I will explain, but I will freely admit that the fault is mine. The demons are after me.”

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:06 am