The Vampire Diaries

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Vampire Diaries

A forum set up for discussion on the hit CW show The Vampire Diaries.

2 posters

The God and the Healer - RP

PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

The God and the Healer - RP - Page 18 Empty Re: The God and the Healer - RP

Post  PuppyWithATutu Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:47 am

Niamh stood by the blacksmithing station while Connor worked, watching as he hammered away at red-hot steel, beads of sweat dripping down his face. It had been two weeks since he’d arrived, and he was seeming to fit right in as an apprentice. He’d learned the ropes quickly.

He eyed her for a moment while she fidgeted with the protective glasses he’d made her wear. “Can you please keep those on your face? Your father will kill me if you get hurt.”

She sighed, but obeyed, then took a seat at a stool far enough away. “I’m a demigod. I’m, like, apparently the strongest one here. A few sparks aren’t going to kill me.”

He left it alone and got back to work, but she secretly knew he enjoyed the company. He was somewhat of a mystery to the rest of the gods in the dimension, but the General’s family treated him like he was just another person. He appreciated that.

“So, I never asked about your ascension,” he said suddenly, curiosity taking over. “Did it hurt?”

She thought for a moment. “A little, I guess. It’s like taking a dip in ice water and then jumping into a hot tub. It’s a shock to the senses. Uncomfortable but not unbearable.”

“You said there was lightning? I saw it all the way from my dimension. Everything went crazy.”

Niamh nodded. “Yeah. My body just... absorbed it. Lightning, energy, power. It just happened; I didn’t have to do anything to trigger it.”

Connor gazed at her, then placed the hot steel into a pail of water. It sizzled and doused him in smoke. “What all can you do?”

Niamh huffed and shrugged her shoulders. “Beats me. My parents won’t let me test it out.”

He took off his gloves and eyewear, wiped his hands down his jeans, and leaned against the table for a break. When he looked at her, his eyes were full of untapped emotion. “Your parents care a lot about you. They just want you to be safe.”

Niamh hadn’t pressed him for details about prison life, but she knew enough. She frowned. “I’m sorry. You’re right.”

Connor pointed a finger at her, his eyes narrowed. “Don’t throw me a pity party. I like it here. I’m happy. That’s thanks to you.”

The butterflies in her chest were throwing a rave. She wanted to jump up and kiss him, and though she knew he wasn’t flirting but making a simple statement, she felt it in her bones nonetheless. He was so incredibly beautiful.

Grinning like the hopeless romantic she was, her face hot, she was just about to respond when she felt a disturbance in the veil. She stood at once and used what Caius called the Third Eye to check in on the guards’ station. A massive army of people were approaching the gates, weapons at the ready, evil in their hearts.

Her senses were higher and keener than the gods’. She knew she’d sense their arrival before the rest did.

“Niamh?” In the back of her mind, she knew Connor was concerned, but she didn’t have the time to explain.

She zapped back to herself and turned to him. “Warn Dad. Now. Bad people are coming; I have to get to the guards.”

Connor practically sprinted over the table between them, his eyes wide. “Niamh, you can’t-“

She was already gone. She came across Derrick first, her eyes on the barrier between dimensions. “We’re about to be invaded. Fall back and call your forces!”

Nobody wanted to take commands from a little girl, but it didn’t hurt that she had her powers of persuasion. They didn’t have the time to argue. One forceful gaze and they were forced to follow her words.

With that, she was gone again, this time to seek out her family. She knew she wasn’t supposed to be anywhere near the fights, but deep inside of her, she was aware that she had the power to help. The second she arrived in the foyer, her mother greeted her, already in her uniform and ready to join the fight. Connor stood behind her father, relief in his eyes when he saw her.

“I just went to warn the guards,” she said in her own defense, but her father didn’t wait for an explanation. He stepped forward and wrapped her up in his arms.

“Daddy, I can help. You know I can.”

Cora spun around so quickly, Niamh tensed in response. “You sure as hell won’t. Caius!”

He emerged immediately, and it didn’t take long to understand the situation. “I’ll watch her,” he assured her, his expression grave.

Niamh groaned. Her mother disappeared. She’d never felt so useless in her life.
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:02 am

Niamh looks to me and I look back, "You know I agree with your mother. I do not have time for the teen drama, just please obey this rule." I know being Cora's daughter she won't, I disappear as well.

I get to my guards who have updated me on the situation, Cora stands next to me and discuss who it is. "It is prisoners, from Conway dimension sir..." Derrick informs me. I know this is because of Niamh's ascension, she opened a portal basically. "You need to send every troop we have to protect the people of this dimension before us...I want them down every street, every corner. Right now."

I say that mostly to Mary who has approached me, she nods and rushes off to do that. Luther looks at me, "I want you to go find my children and bring them to another dimension for the time being, Connor too."

"Niamh could end this, I know...you think it's easy to watch my girls fight. I get it Lochla but Cora proved you wrong, Niamh will too." He says to me, I look at him, "I am looking for Yes, General."

Luther finally agrees and says it, he goes to find them. I go off with Cora to help defend this dimension, I haven't fought in a long time but it comes back to me. We just reached the outside yard of the mansion, I see 4 prisoners entering and one I remember. They run to us, Cora just sets them all on fire. I look at her disappointed, "At least let me have 1..."

Cora smiles and kisses me, more do come. More than 4 this time, it's an army of prisoners who have rippled through the dimension, destroying everything in it's path. I grab Cora and hurry back to inside. We just get inside when we are blasted apart from each other, these are prisoners but also gods of their own, with plenty of their own abilities.

I am thrown into a room and as I get up, I am pinned to the wall. The prisoner holds me by the neck and has the door behind him close shut, it locks and held closed by magic. I look at the prisoner, "Escaped, came all this way, just to kill me? I want to say I remember your name but it's not of any importance to me."

"It's Kai, you killed my brother." He snarls at me, I throw him off me with my strength and he hits the wall. We have a battle of strength, his ability finally holds me still. I try to fight it but I can't move. I see a sword, he holds it up high to bring it across my neck, suddenly he just explodes. Not like blowing up, he just poofs into dust almost, behind him is Niamh.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:13 am

Niamh tried to obey. She did. But she had her third eye, and with that ability, she watched on as soldiers died and houses were obliterated. Connor was going stir-crazy as well, not that he would voice it. Caius stood, ever observant, and he knew every thought in her head. He gazed at her with sympathy in his eyes.

“I am sorry, my dear. You are still a child. You’ve not yet mastered your skills-“

“Well, then, help me master them! I’m not allowed to do crap here!”

Caius stood and walked closer to her, then sat on the seat across from hers. “You seem to be under the impression that one session will sort you out. The true depths of your power will take-“

“A long time, I know,” Niamh whined, fed up with the explanations and excuses. “You told me that, Caius. But I can help, and you know it!”

The warlock smiled at her sadly. “I have no doubts that you can, love. You are merely too young.”

Wrong thing to say. Rage consumed her. She blinked, and in an instant, he stood frozen. She allowed herself to marvel at the accomplishment for all of two seconds, but then Luther appeared.

His booming voice filled the rooms of the mansion, seeking out all inhabitants. “Let’s go, kids. I’m getting you to safety.”

Connor rose and grabbed onto Niamh’s arm, panic on his face. “Niamh, you’re in deep. Let him go and come with Luther.”

She simply glared and shook him off. Her brothers descended the steps, the servants in tow, and Luther paused when he came across Caius, posed like a statue where he sat. He sighed and looked down at Niamh in disappointment. Before he could speak, she did. “Luther, take them wherever you need to. Leave me to fight.”

Connor was a mess beside her. “Jesus Christ, Niamh.”

Luther simply nodded, and in an instant, he was gone with the rest of them. Only Niamh and Connor remained.

She used her third eye again, and this time, it was serious. Her father was struggling. He’d been doing so well; he’d been lethal and animalistic, killing people with precision and rage. But some gods are stronger than others, and this wasn’t one who’d be easy to take down.

“Dad’s in danger,” she told Connor. “Do whatever you want.”

She teleported instantly, and it took less than a blink to take the man down. In a second, he went from flesh and bone to mere dust. Her father pinned her with a glare, then looked to her side as Connor appeared. He held a sword he’d created himself, and it was already dripping with blood. Breathless, he faced the General, his stance cautious and prepared. “Nobody could’ve stopped her, sir.”

Another god approached. Connor whipped around to kill it, but Niamh was quicker. The man evaporated into flecks of dust that floated slowly to the floor around their feet. Connor sighed. “Niamh, for the love of-“

More gods came. Between the three of them, the fight was short and sweet. Lexi appeared moments later; her face was spattered with blood but she’d never looked more alive. She was practically getting off on the kill. She studied Connor and grinned with pride. “About time, June Cleaver.”

They worked their way through the streets, taking down any god they came across, but Niamh knew she was capable of far more. It gnawed at her, the sense that she was doing the bare minimum. She’d never tested her strengths like this. She wasn’t sure what all she could do.

And so, she focused. She drew from within, the power rising to the surface, flicking along her skin. When she looked down, she saw sparks of electricity, lightning the same as she’d had during her ascension. With one quick burst, she sent it all outward, then watched as lightning rose from the sky and struck each and every god who’d invaded the place. They seized and blackened into dust, their screams echoing throughout the dimension, and somehow she knew she’d killed every one.

The rest of her people looked on in awe. Niamh smiled, having done what she’d come to do and proven her doubters wrong. Her parents didn’t look quite so pleased.
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:18 am

I look at Niamh coming back, Connor with her. Two children in my eyes, "Let's hear it, let's hear how you just had to disobey me, yet again." I ignore how she just made a bolt of lightening appear. "I know you're powerful Niamh, it's why you....were destined to be born but you are still a child, enjoy being one!"

Niamh looked at her father, "That is a funny way to say thank you Dad, for saving your life..."

I step up towards her, but Cora pulls me back.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:29 am

Niamh is a little firecracker like me. Sometimes it makes me smile, half the time it makes me rage. This time, the kid is really pushing it. I hold my husband back, because after all, she is still a kid. We can bust her ass later.

Niamh isn’t letting up, though. “Look around, Dad! Look at this mess!” Everywhere around us, buildings are destroyed. Bodies litter the streets. Our dimension is no longer futuristic and picturesque. It’s ruined. “This wouldn’t have happened if you’d let me fight! I’m stronger than all of you!”

Holy shit. Connor’s eyes are as round as saucers when he approaches her. He rests a gentle hand on her shoulder. “Niamh, let it go.”

I’m still holding onto Lochlan. I stare my daughter down, and damn, do I wish I could pop her for her attitude. Part of me knows she’s right, but she’s a child and we’re an army. We’re bound to suffer some losses. She has no place in battle. She’s thirteen.

“Where’s Caius?”

Niamh is seething too much to answer. Connor does, instead. “She froze him. He’s fine but he’s stuck.”

“And I told Luther to go on without me,” Niamh snaps, her little shoulders rising and falling and shaking through her fury. “Since we’re airing it all out here. Might as well, before you lock me away again!”
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:40 am

I look at my daughter and what she has just said to me, "Once again, I know you are powerful. It's what keeps me worried every day, all day. You fight, you expose yourself. If anyone leaves the fight alive, they will know of your existence. They will know where you are." I step forward to her, "You will just say, "Yeah but I can fight them off." And maybe you can, maybe all of this great security I hire so that you are kept out of harms way is a waste of time but your one flaw, is your age. You are cocky, you are spoiled and you do not know everything!" I snap to her.

"And I am not just locking you away this time, no, you can spend an entire year in the human world, with your grandfather. Caius will do a protective shield and you can spend time feeling like a fucking kid and be out of my sight until you earn my respect back." I say, I walk off without another word. I go into my office pissed off. She is right, all of those people dead and it could have been stopped. I just want her to be safe, she's my daughter.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:52 am

I watch my husband walk away, then turn to Niamh, who’s fuming. “Mama! He can’t do that!”

Yes, it’s a bit harsh, and no, I don’t plan on sending her away for a year, but I don’t have to let her know that. As far as she’s concerned, her parents are a team. I’ll speak with Lochlan in private. “Oh, he damned well can,” I snap, my tone brooking no argument. “How you just spoke to your father is unacceptable. Go back to the house, release Caius, apologize, and then head to your room. I’m not hearing any more of your shit today, little girl.”

With that, I’m off. I appear in Lochlan’s office, still bloodied and pissed off, and take a deep breath. “I’m sorry, babe. That was the most disrespectful...” Another deep breath. “You didn’t deserve to hear that. And yes, she’s out of control. I’ll gladly send her down to her grandfather, but a year is a bit too much for me. We need to hash this out, Lochlan.”
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:56 am

I look at my wife, glad she is actually defending my decision, "I will consider a few months based on progress, if she is still a cocky little shit, it will remain a year."

Cora comes up behind me and massages my shoulders, "I just don't know how to let go and let her fight, Cora, I can't. All the shit we did, to keep her safe in the first place...we hid from your family, couldn't use our powers. She doesn't even know the level of sacrifice but she wouldn't, she's a kid. A spoiled one. A human experience might help her be more grateful..."
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:01 am

“I know, babe,” I whisper, using my power to generate a little bit of heat with my touch while I work my fingers against his tired muscles. What Niamh said upset him deeply, and I know it’s getting to him that our own daughter is far more powerful than the both of us. First, he had me to contend with, and now Niamh.

I bend down and kiss his cheek. “A few months to start with. I’ll call my dad.”
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:10 am

I watch her walk off, and not too long after am I seeing Connor at the door. I don't say anything at the moment, he walks in and sees my disappointment. "Sir, I wanted to apologize...I tried to stop her from leaving." He says, I look at him, "I don't blame you, she is a mini version of my wife and I couldn't stop her from wanting to fight either, instead she snuck her way into one without telling me."

I pour out some whiskey, I kick out the seat for Connor to sit and I hand him a glass. He is at first unsure, "This nice kid act you have, lose it. I know you have drank before being from that world.."

Connor takes the whiskey, "Okay, you want honesty?"

I sit back, intrigued and nod, "Please, I'm all ears."

"I think you are intimidated by the fact your wife and daughter, are more powerful than you." He says, drinking up. I look at him, "Maybe a little too cocky..." I warn, pouring some more.

"I would feel like that, but you sir...you are a great General. You desrve more respect." He says, I fill his glass up a little more and he laughs, we both do.

"I was not this before she was born, now I just think how I want her to live in this mansion the rest of her life, same with the other offspring. Same with you, but you're not my kid and that's all what can be said. Do you still want to be a soldier?"

Connor looks at me, "I actually enjoy being a blacksmith sir, it helps me focus on other things...you were right."

"I was what?" I say again.

Connor laughs, "You were right..."

We finish the drinks and before Connor leaves, he looks at me and says, "She didn't leave until she knew you were in danger, thought you should know that."

With not another word, he leaves.

I sit back in the chair, I feel like an ass now. I hate being a parent.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:29 am

I just got off the phone with Ryan, who’ll gladly take her in. Lochlan had a good idea when he decided to send her to earth, but my father can be a bit of a softy when it comes to the kids. Ryan, on the other hand, is a strict father to his own son, Isaac. He spent years in the Marines, worked his way up to First Sergeant, and he’s no stranger to giving orders and having them followed. Isaac, in turn, is the most polite kid I think I’ve ever met. Ryan can be scary when he wants to be.

After telling Niamh to pack her things, I make my way to Lochlan’s office. I’m heading to the door when I hear Connor’s parting words, and damn, do they sting. She’d actually tried to obey and sit still until she saw her father struggling. Nevertheless, she copped an attitude and a half with us, and it can’t go unpunished. The girl is spoiled silly here, and down on earth, she’ll learn what it means to work and be grateful.

Connor nods at me as he passes. I take a seat across from my husband and sigh deeply. “Ryan will take her. If anyone can destroy a kid’s will to get sassy, it’s him.”
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:38 am

I nod to her, Ryan is a good fit but I feel myself reconsidering, when Cora chimes in "She should not have spoken to you in that way....,she should see you care about her safety."

"I should talk to her right? befoe she leaves..?" I say, not sure. Cora nods, "Yes, tell her you understand but this is also for her own good."

I don't really want to but Cora promises to be naked in my office later, it gets me up and I walk off. I find her in her room, I knock on her door and she sees me walk in and goes back to packing.

"I spoke to Connor, I know why you chose to ignore and come help me." I say, she looks at me, "Help? I did more than help you, you would have been dead."

"Niamh..." I start to say, she looks at me, "I get it, you love me and want me safe. You can't see that I am growing up."

"No, I can't. You are still that 3 year old who worshipped me." I say simply, she comes up to me and hugs me. I hug her back, "I am sorry I said that about those people, it's not your fault..."

I hug her still, "Yes, it is. I still didn't want you in the fight."

She breaks off and looks at me, frustrated.

"You are still going." I remind her, She looks even more mad now.

"I love you, I want you to have the life I never did. Corny as that is, I was training by the time I was your age, even younger. I didn't have all this power but I also never saw my parents, never hugged them even."

I say, I have never said this much about it before to anyone.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:05 am

After Niamh has said goodbye to her brothers, her father, and Connor, I assemble a small handful of soldiers to help transport her luggage to Ryan’s. He’s a police sergeant now, and today was his day off, so we allowed our daughter one last night at home before we sent her to earth.

I arrive with Niamh by my side on the walkway leading up to my brother’s home. Ryan emerges, flanked by Sophia and Isaac, and he nods at Niamh. He’s already got the stern look down pat.

I nudge my daughter, reminding her to speak. “Hey, Uncle Ryan. Aunt Sophia. Isaac.”

Isaac beams at her. He’s happy for the company. “Hey, Niamh! How’s Cillian and Liam?”

Niamh sighs. I nudge her again. “They’re good,” she murmurs.

I bend down until our gazes meet. “You will be polite. You will be respectful. You’ll help out around the house and keep your head on straight. Good behavior means you go home, Niamh.”

She nods, albeit reluctantly, then steps forward. “Thanks for letting me stay, Uncle Ryan.”

He gives her a small smile. “Not a problem. Your bags are in the guest room. Get yourself settled, then you can help your aunt and me make breakfast.”

Wow, Ryan’s not wasting any time. I swallow my laughter and pat her on the shoulder. “You heard him, sweetheart.”

Niamh doesn’t argue, but she damned well wants to. Ryan looks at his son. “Isaac?”

The boy perks up instantly. “Yeah, Dad?”

“Help your cousin unpack.”

Isaac nods. “Yes, sir.” He turns to Niamh and beckons her toward the house. “Come on! Mom’s got your room set up all nice.”

Once the kids have disappeared inside, I smirk at my brother and his wife. “Thanks again for this. If she loses control, call me. I’ll be there in half a second.”

Sophia laughs. “I don’t think that’ll be an issue. She’s in good hands here.”

We catch up for a moment, say our goodbyes, and then I’m gone. I’ll miss her, and I know her heart is in the right place, but she needs a little normalcy in her life. When I get back, I don’t feel like talking. I seek out my sulking husband, disrobe, and then pounce.
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:49 am

It's been about 3 weeks, I sneak down to call Niamh in my office and Ryan tells me how she's doing. I know I am kind of annoying the guy, since I call almost everyday.

I hang up after speaking with Niamh and laugh slightly, I stand up and see Cora at the doorway. She walks over, "What are you doing?"

"Calling my secret girlfriend..." I say, she wacks me. I tell her it's Niamh and I call her every morning, same time and I am sure Ryan has told you that.

Cora smiles and calls me sweet, I lift her to the desk and show her how wrong she is about that.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:02 am

Two mind-bending orgasms later, my voice hoarse from dirty talk and crying out his name, I lie across his desk and catch my breath. No matter what’s going on in our marriage, the sex never fails to be spectacular. For a while, I don’t even bother getting dressed. Lochlan does; he fixes up his pants, a smirk on his lips as he gazes down at me, then pours us both a glass of whiskey. I accept my glass with a thank you, then sit up while he takes a rest in his office chair.

“Ryan didn’t tell me you call every day, actually,” I tell him with a smile. “He must’ve been trying to protect you.”

Finally, I reach for my own pants and pull them on, then prop myself back up on his desk. “It’s funny, though. Each time I talk to him, he’s got her doing something else. She sasses and then has to wash his car. Rolls her eyes and has to shovel the driveway. Ryan isn’t playing around.” I snort. “For the most part, though, she’s good. She helps Isaac with his homework and is sailing through all her classes. You had a good idea there, Lochlan. She’s learning real responsibility. Normalcy is good for her.”
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:19 am

I look at her, "You sound surprised I had a good idea, I know I stay in the office while you have the fun...but some times, I do useful stuff other than just making you cum, what was that..twice?"

She smiles and kisses me. "I know she'll be grateful to come back."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The God and the Healer - RP - Page 18 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRuizK04ofsGX8a-t_omLojwky5XoNHfa9Eql3AuPvqSfEqo5wjcQ

The next month, we decide to give Niamh a visit and we bring the boys along. Cillian is starting to be bratty himself and I threaten Uncle Ryan's, he shuts right up. He already smiles at girls, my son, where Niamh is exactly Cora.

We knock on the door, I made it first as Cora chases our youngest Liam around. The door opens and I expect to see Niamh or Ryan but instead a quite attractive woman.

"You must be Niamh's parents, I had to stay and meet you. I am Davina, Caius daughter..." she says, I correct her and say, "One of?" She smirks at me, "What accent is that, Irish?"

I nod,"Only the best for the best..." I find myself liking her laugh, but I look to my side and Cora has reached it. She's eying me, "This is my wife, Cora..."
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:30 am

Ok, so she’s clearly gorgeous. I’m not concerned about my husband, though. I’m more curious about what brought her here. Is she helping Caius train Niamh?

I hold out my hand and she returns the handshake with a friendly smile. I smile right back. “It’s nice to meet you, Davina. What brings you around?”

Davina isn’t offended by the question. “I’m quite taken with Niamh. I visit my father sometimes and just had to meet the demigod herself. She’s a great kid.”

“That she is,” I agree, and then Liam bumps into my legs and tries climbing them like a ladder. I pick him up and he wraps around me like a monkey, giggling into my ear. Cillian steps up for his own handshake, love in his eyes. “I’m Cillian. Middle child, the favorite, video game extraordinaire. You’re beautiful.”

This kid.
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:33 am

We spend the evening surrounded by family, Davina and Caius. We laugh, and their is plenty of alcohol going around. Davina tells us stories about Niamh and her, Davina I find out is only 22 years old. Niamh tells us she finds her so cool and knowledgeable. Niamh confesses she always wanted a sister, I look to Cora. "We always could do that..."

Cora looks at me like she wants to cut my balls off, I laugh with fear, "Point taken..."
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:46 am

I like the newest addition to our little clan. Davina seems like a solid role model for Niamh, and anyone Caius can vouch for is good enough for me. When dinner ends, Sophia smiles at Niamh, and without a word spoken, our daughter stands and begins to gather plates. I look back at Lochlan, impressed. “Ryan has this shit on lock,” I whisper, and apparently my brother hears, because he clears his throat and calls Niamh back to the table.

“Your family is here, sweetheart. Dishes can wait.”

No sass. No shrugs. She smiles, then happily sits down next to Sophia, who holds Liam in her lap. She ruffles her baby brother’s hair, then sticks her tongue out at Cillian, every bit the loving older sister.

Maybe she’ll be coming home sooner than we thought.
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:01 am

Later I am upstairs, finishing with the washroom and I head out downstairs. I see Niamh who asks me to come into her room. I do so, she hugs me and I hug her back. The different guy I became when she was born, I would do anything for her. She breaks off, " I am really sorry dad, for how I spoke to you but not for saving your life."

I look at her, "I know, I understand. I miss you too."

Cora comes in and we all hug, it's a big sappy moment. I break off, "She can come home, right now."

"Really?" Niamh says, I nod back, "If you want too..." I say.

We head downstairs, bags packed and explain the situation to Ryan who smiles back at us. Ryan and Niamh hug, Niamh invites Davina to drop by any time.

They all head home, the whole family this time.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:51 am

Weeks later, everything is back to normal. Everyone in our dimension has come together to rebuild. They worked tirelessly to erect new buildings and homes, to clean up the streets and make repairs. Soon enough, all traces of what happened will be gone.

Since Lochlan is always the one surprising me with the romantic getaways, I decide that I can be sappy once in a while, too. Really, I’d just like a few weeks of uninhibited, loud sex with my beloved. I want to walk around naked, do the things we did before we had three kids to look after, and have not a care in the world for a while. Lochlan needs a break from being the General. For now, I want him to simply be my husband. I surprise him with a trip to Ireland, where we’ll stay in a mansion amidst a sea of green hills, no one around for miles. Oscar has already agreed to step in in Lochlan’s absence, and all that’s left is to actually pack our things and leave.

The moment we arrive, our bags in tow, he stops to take in the view and enjoy the fresh, open air. When we step inside, he scans the space, the gorgeous decor in all of its splendor, a smirk on his face. “See, husband? I can be a sap every once in a while.”

I grab his hand and pull him toward the balcony that extends past the bedroom, the most stunning part of the house. It overlooks a sprawling garden, affording us a view of all Ireland has to offer. Then, while he stands and takes it in, I lower myself onto my knees and work on his belt buckle. When he looks down at me, I wink and continue what I’m doing. “Enjoy the view, babe.”

And he does. He enjoys it. The birds chirp, there’s a nice breeze, and I worship his cock with the utmost fervor on the balcony of a beautiful mansion in Ireland.

We go at it like teenagers in love, insatiable, for the next two weeks. We spend far more time inside the house than out. When he wakes up most mornings, I’m ready for him. We cook together, eat together, watch films and enjoy the simplicity of our lives together.

I roll my hips on top of him one evening in the middle of a California king sized bed, my moans loud, our skin slapping and sliding together, and the kids aren’t there to barge in. Thank god for Davina.

When my thighs protest from the strain, Lochlan happily takes over, lifting me effortlessly by the hips as he brings his own up to meet mine, slamming into me from below. I reach my hand between our bodies and press a finger to my clit, rubbing quickly, chasing the orgasm that’s close to come.

I stare down at my husband, my mouth open wide, whimpering when he slams deep. I grin at him, my fingers working faster, my inner muscles clamping down around him. “Have I mentioned I love your cock?”

His answering smirk is enough to do me in. He flips me over, then, and I hike my legs up around him to improve the angle. “You may have said it a time or two,” he says salaciously, then picks up his pace until I cum hard, and he follows closely behind, pumping his release into me, and goddamn, this is happiness. Not that I don’t miss the kids, but I certainly missed this.

When he rolls away from me, I roll too, my head resting on his chest and my arm slung across his stomach. He buries his fingers in my hair, idly brushing it away from my face, and I sigh in response. Fuck it, I’m feeling sappy.

“I love you, husband.” When he looks down at me, I rise onto my elbow and give him a smile. “Really. I know I can be a pain in the ass. I don’t listen for shit. But I love you. I love our kids. I love our life together.” Man, I sound like a romance novel. Time to dial it back. I grin and bite my lip. “And the sex is a definite plus.”
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:29 am

I look at her, in bliss from all the sex, even with kids we still have it as often as we can, it's usually very quick though and for two weeks now, it's just going on for hours and I am not complaining. I lay on my side and look at her, "If I was told, years ago...I would have not one but three children, a hot wife to go with that....I wouldn't believe it and that is me being sappy."

"I love you, Cora, I say we break away to Ireland as much as we can." She nods in agreement and we kiss again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was 6 months ago, I sit on my bed. The alarm next to me goes off, empty space next to me. I hear a knock on the door, asking if I am coming downstairs. I am sick of this General business, I am finished. I don't care who fights who, who dies or who lives. I plan to leave soon, take the kids to the human world and try some kind of normal life, if not for me but at least them. I don't want Niamh or Cillian to live this life of a General, it's not a life.

It took losing my own wife for me to realize that.

I close my eyes, I can see her staring into my eyes and saying sorry before she sprinted away from me. I was not quick enough to pull her back, before she exploded. She saved this dimension, she saved our children.

I get up and go get cleaned up. I finally come down, dressed nicely and I try to keep my wits about me around the children. I walk into the dining room, my children are eating already and they greet me, I sit and drink my coffee, I ask if they are packed as today is the actual day we leave. Niamh has fought it, she will be leaving Connor.

We have fought about it many times but she is 13, I make the decisions for her. She looks at me, as I look back and simply says yes, they are all ready. I say perfect. "Caius has everything arranged, records have been altered and you will be able to attend the local schools, the house is paid off in full and I will figure out the rest when we get settled. Find some kind of job...."

"Are we really not using magic?" Cillian asks, I look at him, "No, you will thank me. You will grow up and find a normal, human girl. Marry her and not have the constant fear of her dying in battle."

Cillian shuts up and I know I was probably harsh but this is good for them, good for us. Magic has done nothing for us, let's face it. We need a start, to get us set up but I plan to work and distract myself.

I shake hands with Oscar an hour later, Mary looks at me and I try not to make eye contact.  Our last encounter I was drunk and tried to fuck her, not even 5 months and I was doing that. I was a shit husband.

We arrive not too long after at the new house, it is very close to Cora's family and it's modest. 4 bedrooms, not very big. It's a nice house. The God and the Healer - RP - Page 18 Image

We step inside and the kids look around, they look at me as if I am crazy, "What? It's a great house....you all have your own bedrooms, full basement. Kitchen is good." I walk into it and feel happy for once, as happy as I can be. Cora would have liked it, I look behind me and see my kids, Niamh steps up,"It's a really nice house Dad, it's going to be great."

I look at her, "What do you want?" She smiles, "Pizza for dinner?"

We all hug each other, I know it will be okay. It will work out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, Cora's family has arrived and it's not a joyful visit. We try to smile, to laugh but it's not possible. Ryan finds me at the kitchen, I am grabbing probably my 8th beer of the night. I look at him, him at me. "So, plans for while you're here?" He asks me.

I shrug, "Whatever normal is to humans?"

"How about you coming for a ride along with me, you would make a great cop." He says, I look at him and ask if he's serious. He nods, I think about. He walks off and I am not sure, Caius walks in. Followed my Marcus and Davina. Niamh and the children rush to Davina and they embrace her, I busy myself in the kitchen. Finally, I hear a voice behind me, "You need a hand?"

I look to see Davina, she walks over and I shake my head,"A hand? No, I need a lot more things...before that."

She grabs a beer out of the fridge and I open it for her, she looks at me "I think this is a great idea, the kids will love it."

"I enjoyed living in the human world, I thought I would hate it but of course my time here was with Cora." I drink my beer into silence. Davina places her hand on mine, I just shake it off and walk off to join the others in the room.

I go to bed, really I pass out around 2am. Not long until I am dreaming of everything, the time we got word of the threat. A threat on our dimension, a god who wanted the power we had, to take us over and threatened to destroy our dimension if he didn't get it. His threat was real, it was days of vicious creatures flooding into our streets, my army kept up but the creatures did not stop. Liam was almost a victim, the creatures had finally reached the mansion. The city below us was destroy, no one was alive.

We were sure to be next, then the big fight. I was next to Cora, the children far away but not Niamh or Connor of course. We stood and we charged, Cora looked at me with that look I knew all to well, before I could stop her, she ran and suddenly their was a big light. The creatures were obliterated, the enemy faced the same fate.

Her body was found yards away by guards, I thought it was dust by what happened.

I almost don't know the story, all of it happened so fast.

I am never going back.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:41 am

It had been days of fighting. Endless days with sleepless nights, a battle so brutal that more soldiers died by the minute. A demigod had arrived with his own army of beasts in tow, beasts that made the hellhounds look friendly. Beasts that he’d formed in one of the underworlds, a dimension he’d been sent to since birth by Lochlan’s own dimension. He’d rotted away for ages in solitude with nothing but his magic to keep him company, and the monsters he brought with him were proof of that. They ambled along on four legs, yet they were capable of standing on two. Rather than fur, they were covered in thick scales, razor sharp to the touch. In place of blood red eyes, their irises were yellow, much the same hue as their teeth, of which there were plenty. When they opened their mouths, their fangs were long, deadly, and numerous. Their gums expanded outward and their teeth lurched forward to pluck up their victims. Instead of chomping down and shaking their meals as the hounds did, they gnawed, bones crunching and blood spurting, leaving nothing behind to bury.

The first few days, they fought their hardest. The demigod had given orders to release Niamh in his quest for vengeance, had even said he’d settle for Cora, but still they fought. They lost hundreds of men to the bellies of the beasts he’d brought with him. They couldn’t be hacked away at. They couldn’t be set ablaze. Their excitement only grew when people tried to.

Cora knew, by the end of the fourth day, that it was futile. The man had threatened everyone near and dear to her. Her children, her husband, her friends, and the dimension itself were at risk. There was no stopping him, nor the monsters that flanked him at every turn. She tried to negotiate. She pleaded. She’d watched too many die.

She’d watched Lexi, then Luther, get crushed between the jaws of the beasts. She’d crumbled to the ground, sobbing as two of them fought over her friends’ remains. Their screams echoed in her ears as the war raged on around her, her hair matted to her face not from sweat but from the blood of those she loved, those who’d died to protect their dimension. To keep her family safe.

On that last day, she knew that it was now or never. She needed all the energy within her to do what needed to be done.

Tears in her eyes, she sought out Lochlan’s gaze. He knew what she meant without having to ask. He rushed up to her, words of denial on his lips, telling her not to do what she was about to do. She had no choice, but she loved him more deeply than ever for trying.

It was either her or everyone in this dimension, and she’d gladly choose death over losing her flesh and blood and all that made her whole. Barring Niamh, she was the only one who had the power to stop this. Lochlan knew, yet he didn’t want to face it.

“I love you,” she said tearfully, her heart in her throat as she looked at her husband. He held her face in his hands, desperation and misery in his eyes. He could only shake his head. He could only say “no” over and over again. It wouldn’t make a difference.

“You made me the luckiest woman,” she whispered, her own hands rising to wipe the tears from his cheeks. It killed her that it had to end this way. She wanted to watch her children grow, to go through the centuries with her husband by her side, to lead this dimension with love and compassion, to meet her grandchildren and so on and so forth and now it was over. Lochlan would have to do it without her.

“No,” Lochlan cried out, shaking his head harder and harder as the seconds passed, as if the more vehement he became, the more likely the demigod would change his mind and leave.

“I’m so sorry, baby. You made me so happy. You and the kids. I got everything I ever wanted out of this life, and you gave me that. You did.”

“Don’t you do this,” he growled, his sadness making way for anger as he shook her shoulders. “Don’t you fucking do this. We’ll find a way. We can win.”

Cora shook her head. “This is the way, Lochlan. It’s the only way.” Before he could protest, her lips were on his. She kissed him with every bit of the love and passion she had for him. In that single kiss was gratitude and longing and heartache, their tears mixing as they embraced.

She pulled away and gave him a sad smile. “You guys are my world. Tell the kids I love them. Every day, tell them. And be okay, because I’m okay.”

Lochlan shook his head and reached out for her, but she stepped away. She looked back, told him she was sorry and meant it with every piece of her heart, then focused her energy and let it expand outward. She directed her power toward the demigod and his beasts, every ounce that her body contained, and then allowed it to swallow her whole in a burst of flames.

At once, the beasts collapsed and disintegrated. The demigod was dead. And her body, too, lay on the ground.

Although lined with blood and filled with the deceased, the streets remained. The dimension itself had survived. The people would rebuild without her, the army would recruit more soldiers, and life would go on.

She died in much the same way that she lived: fearlessly, and with love.
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:56 am

The next few weeks are a blurr, the kids are getting settled in and I am up making breakfast,lunch, dinner. Keeping busy is my main focus, friends and family always come by. I sit quietly most nights as they talk and I eat, the fact Cora isn't coming through the door is something I can't fathom most days.

Caius looks at me but I always beg him not to give me any wisdom. I chewed him out already, I am acting like an asshole but they all give me a pass for it. "Dad..."I hear, I was looking over at a spot on the floor. I look to who has called me, it's Cillian asking when do they start school and I tell them Monday. The kids are braver than I am, or they just pretend they are for me. I should be the one who has it together.

Monday comes and I send all the children off, even Liam is off to kindergarten and I wave him bye, walking him to the classroom. Every woman in the building has their eyes on me but I don't even acknowledge it.

I head back home, walk in and lean next to the door, now what? A knock on the door, I open it and see Ryan, who is dressed in his uniform. Tells me he knows the kids are at school, I tell him I'm not sure. Ryan looks at me, "You used to be a badass..."

"Yeah and then my wife died.."I say, he pushes me slightly and I look at him annoyed,"Use it! Use that anger, I want you on my team. You need to do something!"

"Then magically everything is good, oh their is that word...magic. The answer is no." I shut the door and go off to just drink really, why not. Watch tv. The kids get home and everything is normal, I ask about their day and pretend to care.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:12 pm

Davina hated to see a once fearsome man turn into something completely different. He was no longer living, but merely going through the motions for his kids’ sake. She popped by from time to time, checked on the kids and helped with the small things, but for the most part, Lochlan liked his solitude.

After visiting Ryan, who informed her of their latest discussion, she decided to see Lochlan herself. When she rang the bell, the kids bolted to see her, and her heart swelled to feel so wanted. Warlocks didn’t often mingle with gods and humans, but her father had always been different. He’d instilled in his children the same values he had, preaching that the way to happiness and fulfillment was through helping others who needed it. After all, warlocks were blessed with eternal life, and so they had all the time in the world to see to the betterment of society as a whole.

The children insisted that she stay for dinner, and she happily obliged them. Lochlan sat quietly, only offering a word or two when someone personally addressed him, and she watched as he went through alcohol like a seasoned alcoholic. The man needed to get out and allow himself to move forward. In his grieving, he remained stagnant and unwilling to change.

Once dinner was over and she’d helped with the cleanup, the kids gathered around the television before bedtime. Lochlan had wandered off to his bedroom, and so she followed him. The door was slightly ajar, and when she knocked gently, it swung open to reveal Lochlan. He stared out the window, another bottle of beer in his hand.

When he said nothing, she entered. “I spoke with Ryan,” she said softly, stepping further into the room and closing the door behind her. “Lochlan, I think it would be good for you to get out of the house and get your mind off of things.”

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 11:11 pm