The Vampire Diaries

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Vampire Diaries

A forum set up for discussion on the hit CW show The Vampire Diaries.

2 posters

The God and the Healer - RP

Canadianmummy

The God and the Healer - RP - Page 32 Empty Re: The God and the Healer - RP

Post  Canadianmummy Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:53 am

Lochlan looks at him, he has no words and doesn't know what to say "I just..., I don't know why I wanted to see it. I don't know what I want. Am I supposed to be logical right now?" Caius looks at him, also not sure what to say, Lochlan just looks at the warlock, " I was there for when he came into the world and you got to see how he left it." Before Caius can say much more, Lochlan looks at him "I'm training Niamh right now...that is my focus, not making sure you're okay and I didn't hurt one of my oldest friends. I'll talk when I want to talk." He then leaves without another word said.

Last edited by Canadianmummy on Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

The God and the Healer - RP - Page 32 Empty Re: The God and the Healer - RP

Post  PuppyWithATutu Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:34 pm

The longer time passed, the more Niamh's paranoia grew. Where was Logan? What was he planning? She guarded her sword like it was an extension of herself. If he was truly always watching, why wasn't he trying to take it? Was his ego that big to think that he didn't need it?

She couldn't help but consider the idea that he didn't. That she might die. That he'd come for the rest of her family next. It didn't do her any good to entertain the thoughts but they came to her nonetheless in the dead of night when she was trying to sleep.

After a few hours of tossing and turning, she took her sword and went to the training room. She practiced wielding it, swinging it through the air and jabbing at nothing. She flipped and spun and kicked like a kung fu movie star, but the blade wasn't exactly giving her any ideas as to what exactly she could do. So she sat on the floor, admiring the sword and all of its little details. She closed her eyes and focused.

Logan could make one hallucinate. He could force a human to do anything he wanted simply by asking. There was no telling what else he was capable of.

Hours passed like seconds. Soon Lochlan was there like clockwork, followed by Silas and Ulrich. "Nothing?" Silas asked.

Niamh shrugged. "I was playing with an idea but there was no one to test it on."

He held out his arms and stood in front of her with a smile. "I'm your guinea pig. Have at it."

She shook her head. "No, it's stupid."

He knelt before her and cupped her chin with his hand until she was looking up to meet his gaze. "Nothing you do is stupid. Except for the time you told me, 'Hey Silas, let's see Midsommar in theaters.' Now, that was stupid."

She rolled her eyes. "I'm never getting recommendation privileges back after that one, am I?"

He smirked. "You're on thin ice. It was rubbish." He slapped her knee. "Get up."

Niamh sighed and stood, taking her sword with her. "Whatever you say, boss. Let me focus."

She looked at Lochlan and Ulrich as they stood behind Silas, felt embarrassed, then shook her head again and closed her eyes. "Don't laugh."

Silas crossed his arms and waited. "No promises."

When she opened her eyes, all three men were no longer in front of her. They were at the doorway, looking down at a black lab puppy that had wandered into the training room. Silas was amused, Lochlan was bewildered, and Ulrich was mostly annoyed. He frowned down at the animal with disdain. "Who allowed this creature into my dimension?" He looked back at Niamh. "Was this your doing?"

Niamh said nothing. She was too proud of herself to speak.

Ulrich sighed and stooped to usher the puppy out of the room when it suddenly grew into something monstrous. Something her mother herself had fought many years ago. A hell hound. Its coat sleek and black, its eyes glowing yellow, it towered over them and let loose a growl that shook the building.

Ulrich shouted and flew backward, as did the other two. Lochlan was the first to reach for a weapon while the others scrambled for their own. He swung his blade through the air, only to be met with nothing. The image became smoke, swirling through the room and whistling around their bodies until it merely faded away.

All three turned breathlessly to find Niamh beaming in the corner. There stood another Niamh right next to her. Then another.

One Niamh made her way toward Silas with a salacious grin. She rose to kiss him. The second their lips made contact, her image dissipated along with the others. Niamh laughed when she saw the awe on his face.

He nodded nonetheless, impressed. "Well, that was a fantasy I never knew I had. What else you got?"

She shrugged. "Don't know, but I'm ready for the ring. I'm sure I'll think of something."

It was late when they returned. Once again, Niamh collapsed in exhaustion once she'd greeted everyone in the room. They all had their own rooms but she liked it better this way. The closer they were, the greater the chance she had of keeping them safe.

Caius gave her a small smile from where he sat. "That was a sight to behold, Niamh. Truly spectacular."

She grinned back at him. "Thanks. I figured if nothing else, distractions could work."

"Your imagination is a useful tool. Follow that avenue. Nothing is impossible for you."

Niamh lay back and stared up at the ceiling. "I'm in a bit of a creative funk. All I've got is puppies and hell hounds and triplets. It's practically parlor tricks."

Caius tapped his temple. "Ah, but it was real for them. Imagine the things you could create. Really create. You think of a dimension and you create a pathway to get there. Envision what you want and then make it so."

Silas sat beside Niamh, her head resting in his lap. "Envision me a burrito, will you?"

Then she felt it. Dread filled every part of her body as she pounced off of the couch, her sword ready in her hand. Caius and every god in the room leapt up as Logan appeared in the center of the room.

"Dad, get everyone out!"

Before she even had time to make her wish a reality, a portal was ready. Ryan, Luke, Davina, everyone rose to grab the kids and corral them toward the portal. Niamh stared him down, finally given a face to put to the name. Logan was here, and she was far from prepared.

Everyone scrambled to the exit as Caius waved everyone through, his eyes wide and set on Niamh. He didn't want to leave her. Neither did Lochlan or Silas or Davina. They had no choice. It was now or never.

Silas looked around as everyone ran and he had the nerve to look sad. He threw his arms out by his sides in shock. "Come on! I just wanted to meet my family!"

Niamh glared at him. "They're not your family. Try to touch them and I'll skin you alive."

He feigned offense. "Why not sic your puppy smoke monster on me? I gotta say, Niamh, it's frowned upon to steal an artist's ideas. I did it first, and way better, might I add."

He glanced back at the portal. Lochlan was ushering the last of the children through the portal, Silas having just crossed through with Rowan. Caius stood on the other side. "Got you good, didn't I, Uncle? When I killed your fake wife?"

Niamh circled him and Logan did the same, matching her every step lithely with the grace of a dancer. "That was child's play, Cousin. It's cute how you think some ancient sword will imbue you with thirty years of experience."

Niamh seethed. "You talk too much."

She pounced, slicing her sword through the air only to be met with nothing. She turned to find him on the other side of the room. And then another. Soon she was staring at a group of him, each pacing in a different spot. He grinned. "You steal my idea, I steal yours. Come find me."

She couldn't tell who'd said the words because they all spoke at once, his deep voice echoing through her ears and taunting her. Over and over she swung, her sword hissing through the air only to destroy a statue, a bookshelf, a chair. She felt a tap on her shoulder and then there was no one at her back. She was hit from the side, the force sending her flying. She stopped herself mid-air, then floated back down to seek him out again.

Over and over he came at her. Finally, her fist made contact with his jawline. She heard a crack, and when he stumbled back, she went for him again. This time her sword made contact and sliced through his leg like it was made of nothing. She jumped back and held her arms out in front of her, then teleported to the other end of the room before he could retaliate. Faster than she could blink, his hand was around her throat. He leaned in close to whisper into her ear. "That was fake me. Points for effort, kid."

Effortlessly, he tossed her. She flew into the wall hard, her small body smashing through stone and into the next room over. Niamh winced, feeling every broken bone shifting inside her as they fused back together again. She hoped and prayed her family had made it out and were safe. She wasn't so sure she'd be able to do the same.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:03 am