The Vampire Diaries

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Vampire Diaries

A forum set up for discussion on the hit CW show The Vampire Diaries.

2 posters

The God and the Healer - RP

PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

The God and the Healer - RP - Page 20 Empty Re: The God and the Healer - RP

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:57 am

If Davina wasn't mistaken, Lochlan appeared nervous. Was he trying to back out of his date? Getting out would be good for him.

Davina shook her head. "I'll gladly watch them. My schedule is clear." She ran her hands down her jeans, not sure why she felt the need to fidget. She offered him a reassuring smile. "Please, enjoy yourself. I'll save you some leftovers."

He nodded, then hovered for a few seconds, lost somewhere in his own mind. Her heart hurt for him. She couldn't imagine how it felt to lose the love of your life, to force yourself to move on despite the weight of your grief. Before she could offer him a word of encouragement, he headed toward the door.

"Lochlan, wait," she called out, and he spun around so quickly, she jumped a little in surprise. There was a touch of desperation in his eyes. He looked at her as if pleading for her to give him a reason to stay. She couldn't do that.

She smiled shyly and walked up to him. The smell of his cologne flooded her senses. She could live and breathe in whatever aroma it was and never need to come up for air. She got over herself and spoke. "Your collar is bent. May I?"

He looked almost disappointed. She didn't want him to stay; she was fixing his suit. He nodded, his Adam's apple bobbing up and down, and she gently fixed the tail of his collar and smoothed it down flat.

It didn't escape her notice how close they were. How odd this little encounter would look to anyone else in the room. He made it so hard to feel nothing.
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:08 pm

I go on the date, I pick her up at the address I was given. I waited outside, but decided to no longer be a dick and got out. I knocked on the door, nothing. I waited for probably 15 minutes when finally the door opened.

Inside was a blonde woman, she was short but cute. She then spoke, the most squeaky voice I have ever heard.

We go to dinner, she wanted a sports bar. I feel a little overdressed but we sit, she goes over how she's divorced. She has 1 son. She also mentions her weight watchers diet, her favourite show "This Is Us" and how her ex-husband is now gay.

I barely get a word out and I really have to ask Sophia what the hell she was thinking, I am not this desperate.

I sat mostly in silence, nodding and agreeing with what she said. Finally the check came and I sign the credit card receipt, I feel a foot going up my pant leg. I glance to her, "Shoe fall off?"

She sits back drinking her wine, "Never been with an Irish guy..."

"Never been with a straight guy either, so you've said...countless times." I point out, she throws her head back in laughter. The waiter and I even glance to each other in fear. Waiter thanks me for the tip and walks off.

"I wil have to...rain check, my youngest isn't feeling too well. Don't want the babysitter to be there all night." I stand up, offer my hand to help her up. She instead bursts into tears, saying how great of a Dad I am and how her ex is a dipshit.

3 hours later, I walk into the house and slam the door, frustrated and take off my suit jacket and tie as I go toward the bar cart I have, in my kitchen. I reach for the whiskey and take pour out a drink.

Davina comes over asking what is wrong, I look at her "Well, it wasn't as bad as your "shall we proceed" but she spent 2 hours telling me about how many weight watchers points her dinner was, then shoved two cheesecakes into her mouth...she finished that off with trying to feel up my leg." I drink, Davina bursts out laughing.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:20 pm

Poor Lochlan. She couldn't help but laugh. "I'm so sorry," she said, but her words came with more cackling. To think he had been nervous to meet a woman who'd embarrass herself that easily.

It was impolite to laugh at the misfortune of others, but she and Lochlan did it well with one another. He would often bring her funny stories from work, and in turn, she had countless bad dates to speak of. It was nearly routine by now.

When her laughter died down, he offered her a glass. She accepted it graciously and took a sip. He liked his liquor a lot stronger than she did, but she drank without complaint. "I regret to inform you that I, myself, forgot to keep track of the Weight Watchers points for dinner tonight. I feel like a failure."
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:26 pm

I laugh, a genuine laugh at that joke and see her not enjoying the whiskey. I smirk slightly, I take her glass back and down it myself. I reach under for a bottle of wine, hold that up and that has her smiling. I open it, pour us both a glass and offer hers, she drinks that with no complaints. She sits on the couch, relaxing. I bring the bottle and join her in the living room on the chair.

I ask how the kids were, she tells me of their night and we laugh more, it's pure mutual laughter with no strings attached. She is drunk to drive home, I offer her to sleep in my room and I will take the couch. She eventually accepts and we say goodnight.

I lay on the couch, when I hear Davina come back and she's holding sheets and blanket, a pillow. "It's one night woman, I would live without a sheet..." I say and she waves away my complaint, she makes up the couch and then says goodnight.

"Goodnight" I say and lay down, yeah it is nicer with the sheet.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:44 pm

Lochlan's bed was comfortable, but it felt all sorts of wrong to have him sleep on the couch. She'd never stayed the night with him in the same house before.

His pillows smelled like him. It would be comforting if not for the nagging sense of guilt she felt when she snuggled into them. As the alcohol wore off, it became more difficult to sleep. Her mind couldn't seem to stop long enough for her to rest.

Finally, she arose and made her way toward the kitchen to grab a bottled water. Her bare feet padded quietly along the hardwood floors, and before she reached the fridge, she passed the couch on which he was sleeping.

She didn't mean to intrude, but it was hard to avoid. She gazed down at him as he tossed and turned in his slumber, an agonized expression on his face, tears running down his temples. The sight took her breath away.

Oh, Lochlan. She knew his stance on magic but she wasn't about to leave him to suffer, even if only in his dreams. Slowly, she knelt and placed a gentle hand on his shoulder. She focused and filled him with comfort. It was an intrusive act in itself, controlling one's emotions, but her heart broke to see him in such pain. She watched as her warmth settled over and within him, as his body stilled, as the crying ceased. For now, he was nightmare-free.

She sneaked back to bed, the water forgotten, and eventually nodded off.

The next morning, Lochlan stood in the kitchen making breakfast. The kids were off playing, enjoying their Sunday morning. Davina smiled when she saw him hard at work making pancakes and sausage, then quietly set about preparing the table.

"Thank you for letting me stay last night," she said to his back, hoping beyond hope that he hadn't noticed what she'd done for him. It would be too awkward to explain. "Did you sleep well?"
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:57 pm

I simply nod, "Yeah, thanks..and it's okay. I see now wine is your weakness."

She smiles and continues to set the table, their is that smile again. I stop my cooking and go to say something but of course a child barges in. This time it's Liam, who comes over and tells me all about some superhero, batman this time. It was spiderman yesterday.

I listen as I cook, I give my two cents and he calls me silly, then runs away.

Food is done, I call for everyone to sit and we do.

After, Davina is off to leave and she says call me if anything is needed. I shut the door behind her, I turn around and Niamh is watching me. "Don't even start...upstairs and do homework."

Niamh smiles and goes to do that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next night, I am on a stake out with Ryan. We sit in the crusier, drinking coffee and talking about the latest baseball game. It's getting late, around 9pm and nothing has happened. Ryan looks at me, "Sorry about Bernedette..by the way."

I look at him, "Was that some kind of test? My first date and the woman was insane?"

Ryan laughs, "I told Sophia that the woman doesn't shut up...."

"I actually turned down sex and it has been almost a..., well, you know." I say, drinking my coffee. Ryan looks at me, "Cora, I loved her...and when I heard, it's...."

"Let's not talk about it..." I say, Ryan shakes his head, "I am really happy you moved here, you brought the kids. Cora, she would have been proud of that. Being close to us to help you all."

I just nod in silence, "You need to be happy, Lochlan, you deserve it. Something or someone, other than your kids, must make you happy."

I instantly see Davina's smile, "Can we get a beer now? Nothing is happening here..., the new shift should be starting soon yeah?"

Ryan looks at his watch, "Yeah, I think I see them now..., let's go to the bar down the street."
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:16 pm

Today was going to be a heavy one, no matter how hard Davina worked to make things perfect for the family. Niamh was celebrating her fourteenth birthday, and it would be her first one without her mother. It was only a few months short of a year since the tragedy.

Guilt and worry mounted inside of her and resulted in a surplus of party decorations. She felt that the more she worked, and the more activities she planned, the easier it would be for Niamh and the rest. It was a skewed way of thinking, but it was all she could do.

The yard was filled with tables and chairs, streamers, balloons, and several stations for entertainment. Not just for the teenagers who'd make an appearance, but for the younger children as well. Large speakers stood on either side of the house, blasting the latest pop hits. Lochlan could see that she'd gone crazy with the planning, but thankfully he rolled with it. He and Cillian helped set everything up while Niamh got ready.

By the time the girl of the hour arrived, the entire family was there, Oscar included. She emerged in a stunning baby blue dress lined with lace, something Davina had helped her shop for, and she greeted everyone with smiles and hugs.

Last edited by PuppyWithATutu on Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:34 pm

I watched Davina run around, I knew the sentiment behind it. She even made the food, when I suggested we get pizza. I go over to her now and I hand her a glass of wine. She moves it away and I stop her, force the glass in her hand and I tell her I got this. I go to see what has to be done, I look at Niamh enter and I almost drop my cup.

She looks exactly like Cora, every brother, anyone who knew Cora, they can't help but stare a little bit. I go over and hug her, kiss her head and wish her happy birthday. I already gave her present, she asked for money to go shopping. I obliged and gave her $300 bucks to do what she likes and also a beautiful necklace.

I hear the door, I go to get it and Niamh quickly follows. She tells me to not be alarmed, I open the door and before me is the boyfriend. "This is Zachary,...Zachary, my father" She says.

I eye this kid, and shake his hand. Only 14, thought I had a few years. "Welcome, come in...have a good time." He does so, tells me how nice my daughter is. Niamh walks off and I lead Zack to outside, I lean my hand on his shoulder, "I'm god in this house, not to be presumptious but I am. In more ways than you know, I am also a police officer. So is her Uncle...,Ryan, give a wave!" Ryan does so, I nod to Luke who does the watching you and points with his two fingers to Zack and then to his eyes.

I look at Zack, "We are getting the picture right..? My daughter is worth all of this though."

Zack laughs nervously and Niamh finally pulls him away, I drink my beer and stand next to the brothers. Luke looks at Zack, looks to us "I am just going to say what we are all thinking, are we sure he's not gay?"

I burst out laughing, Ryan tells Luke to grow up but also cracks a smile.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am actually enjoying myself, preparing myself for a sleepover later. I agreed that Niamh could have a few friends stay the night, Davina says she'll help as I have no idea what I am in for.

Davina is talking to Sophia, I glance at her a bit. I look back to Ryan, Caius has thankfully not arrived yet. Ryan looks at me, "She's a good girl..,I wouldn't blame you with that one."

"Blame me for what?" I say, Ryan tells me to stop playing stupid. "She's a warlock, it's not going to happen..." I say, not as silent as I would like. I look round, seeing Davina closer than I thought, she heard me. She walks off offended. I follow her, I tell her hypothetically..., I don't like anything to do with magic. She knows this.

I tell her I didn't mean to offend her, she says I know we are just friends but was more hurt by insulting who she is. She can't help that she is a warlock. The music is going, a cheesy Ed Sheeran songs comes on and I put my beer down. I take her hand and pull her to dance. She looks annoyed, I look back "I said I was sorry, it came out wrong. If it helps, you are probably my favourite warlock...that I have ever met."
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:59 pm

She couldn't help but bristle when he pulled her to him. She knew how he felt about warlocks, but to be lumped in with the others strung more than she wanted it to. Her father had been a great help to him before she'd even come along. She liked to think that she had been of good assistance, as well.

Surely their relationship was destined for nothing more than friendship, but she didn't want it thrown in her face, either.

What could she do? Keep sulking and make it even more obvious how she felt about him? Finally, she allowed him to lead her out onto the empty spot in the backyard that they'd deemed the dance floor. She accepted his apology and swallowed down her disappointment. "Don't lump me in with your preconceptions," she said softly, enjoying it a little too much when his arms went around her waist as they swayed to the music. "It isn't fair."

He apologized again, and he seemingly meant it. She let herself step closer, their bodies inches apart, and stared into a pair of deep blue eyes that never strayed from hers. It took mere moments to forget all about his earlier statement.

She only broke away when her father appeared, a blond-haired teenager in tow. He towered over the other kids in the yard, and his muscle mass was that of an adult's, so she stood confused until Niamh came running and jumped into his arms.

"Connor?" she asked Lochlan, and when he nodded, she smiled. She could see now what had set Niamh's heart aflutter.

She ignored the heat of her father's gaze and walked by Lochlan's side to greet Connor. He'd arrived with his own gift for her, a small box wrapped nicely with a bow. Her cheeks flushed and her eyes wet with emotion, she opened it to see a necklace with a pendant that looked like it had been forged from steel, handmade just for her. A heart with intricate little carvings on its surface dangled from a cord. Niamh sighed and clutched her chest. "Oh, Connor, this is stunning!" She hugged him again and he smiled at her tenderly. "Happy birthday, Niamh." She didn't waste any time before she turned her back to him and moved her hair aside to let him put it around her neck.

While she admired the pendant he'd made for her, he bowed his head respectfully toward Lochlan. "Sir." Davina stepped forward and extended her hand. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Connor. I'm Davina."
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:12 pm

I look at Caius and try to keep my mind closed, he is barely looking at me though. I look to Davina, I felt close to her. I want to say a lot more but I do remember my advice to myself, No magic. I want a normal girl, if I ever do start looking.

It's too soon, I always tell myself. Davina comes over to me but I make an excuse to go see Connor more or talk to someone else. Caius is seen much later, talking to her. I can tell he's not excited about the thought of me, simply because the warlock lineage would seast to exist.

Later on, I approach him as he drinks his whiskey. I look at him, "I am not interested in your daughter. My mind might say otherwise, she's just...she's been helpful and kind, you raised a very intelligent woman. One who is worth more than becoming a baby maker, with all due respect."
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:20 pm

Caius would have had an easier time believing Lochlan if he hadn't read his daughter's thoughts first. Lochlan had purposely shut himself off from an intrusion and filled his mind with unimportant things instead. His daughter, however, was an open book. They shared a connection through blood and nothing remained hidden despite how badly she wanted it to.

Caius sighed. "I cannot lie and say that I want for this to happen. A god and a warlock? Unheard of." He turned to Lochlan at last and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Please do not misunderstand me. Perhaps I can't comprehend what makes her mind so different from the rest of my children, but I will not force her into a life she does not want."

Lochlan was the one giving disbelieving looks this time around. Caius amended his statement. "Pardon. I... merely seek to persuade her."
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:27 pm

"It's her and whomever she ends up with, call it denial from me or whatever you want. She is a good friend and I am merely standing up for her. She doesn't want the life you ask of her, simply that. Thank you for coming." I say and walk off, I go inside and finally it's reached the end of the night. I say goodnight to everyone, I find Davina in the basement with 4 girls plus Niamh who all gush as soon as I walk in.

Davina is telling the girls some rules and to most importantly have fun, I am leaning against the doorway watching her. Teen music comes on and they all start to dance, Davina too and I laugh. She sees me and goes over, she tells the girls to watch a movie now and not too loud, she pats me on the chest and says "I have tequilla for us..." she goes upstairs, I follow her.

We sit on the couch and Davina says we are going to play a drinkking game, never have I ever. You take a shot, when you have done the question being asked. Davina says for example, "Never have I ever..., slept with two women at the same time."

I take a shot, look at her.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:49 pm

Davina snorted. Of course he had. Meanwhile, she was woefully inexperienced, herself. The furthest she'd gotten was a kiss from a warlock, whom she'd promptly sent away before he could ask to come in.

She couldn't help but feel as if that kiss had been stolen from her. Neither date had been too pushy, as they knew exactly who her father was, but some knew her reputation for turning men away and took it as a challenge to be the one who finally succeeded in putting a baby in her womb.

After that, she began politely sending them off the moment they reached her door.

She was the one holdout. The one warlock whose mind worked in mysterious ways to the rest. And here sat Lochlan, the handsome god who'd done his fair share of dirty deeds.

The more the game wore on, the less likely it became that she'd ever get a shot of that tequila.

He looked at her and waited for her to ask a question. She giggled in response. "I'm sorry. I'm thinking."

Why was she getting flustered? Surely she knew he'd been around the block a few... thousand times. With that much practice under his belt, it was no wonder his wife was so happy all the time.

She cleared her throat and wiped the thought from her mind. "Never have I ever... vacationed outside of the States."

It was a stupid question. It was lame. She couldn't seem to think of anything interesting, because she hadn't done a lot of living, herself. He smirked and took a shot. "That's just sad."

She laughed. "I'm sorry. I thought I'd be better at this game. I just... how many women? I mean, honestly. How old are you?"
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:41 pm

"I stopped counting myself but I am 350. So, yeah, it does give you time to sleep with a lot of women. I can't judge your father but of course, I never slept with those women to get them pregnant and then take off." I say, taking a shot before she even asks a question.

Before she asks, I sit up, "Alright, my turn, since I am seem to be winning or I am just a huge slut. Never have I ever, slept with a man?" I look at her, now I am going to get her one. She doesn't take the shot, it then dawns on me, "Oh, you...,you play for the other team?"
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:46 pm

Davina laughed. Had she come across that way, or was it truly a shock that she’d never slept with a man?

The more she looked at him, at his age and experience, it was hard not to feel like a child. Her cheeks grew hot and her palms began to sweat. She was embarrassed. She suddenly wished they’d chosen another game. Like Uno, maybe. Uno was sex-free.

She simply shook her head, then dared to look into his eyes. “No. I don’t.”
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:53 pm

I sit back and look at her, slightly impressed and surprised. I haven't come across a virgin in a very long time. It's like a rare thing for me. During our dance, I looked into her eyes and I actually did feel something. I felt....just safe, a woman made me feel that way.

"Tell me, whatever you feel comfortable....I, I am not really sure what to say and that never happens to me." I confess.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:58 pm

Davina chuckled. “I’m still the same person. My virginity has no bearing on who I am.”

She looked down at her glass of tequila, as sober as she’d ever been. This game sucked. “Maybe it’s corny, but I want that storybook romance. One man. Marriage. The whole thing.”

She looked up at him again and gave him a lopsided smile. “Maybe I should have chosen Candyland. I haven’t had a single shot yet.”
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:40 am

I don't mistake how I felt when we danced, I held her. It felt nice and she's always here. I like it. I take another shot and we are both tipsy now. We start talking about my beard, I jokingly say "Shave it then..."

She says okay, I tell her I am joking. She takes my hand and drags me to the washroom. She sits me on the toilet and starts getting out my shaving stuff, I look at her, "Is my beard really that bad..,it's not manly to you?"

She laughs, I look at her as she starts to shave. I close my eyes, "I am not liking this..." She starts to shave and finally it's finished, I stand up and look in the mirror. Clean shaven, I look like a different guy. I look at her, she looks back at me. I almost want to kiss her but Cillian stands before us. The door is wide open.

"Whoa, sorry, but Dad...Niamh's party is being so loud! Can you tell her to shut up?" He says, I tell him it's her birthday and he can make 10 times the noise when it's his. He cheers to that and runs off.

I look at Davina, who looks back. It's awkward silence, "I think we both know what's happening...." I actually say, I go a bit closer. "I am drunk though, so I will stop myself but...I think I like you, Davina."
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:57 pm

Davina didn’t know what to think about the near kiss they’d had. She wondered if they’d have gone through with it if Cillian hadn’t come around. Perhaps so; they were both drunk enough. But that wasn’t how she wanted their first kiss to be.

If it ever happened, anyway. If he would still want her when he was sober. She loved everyone when she was drunk, too. It didn’t mean anything, and she couldn’t afford to get her hopes up. He’d had far more to drink than she, and it would be wrong to take advantage.

She forced herself to laugh. “You’re definitely drunk, boss. I think we should continue this conversation some other time.”

She wanted to tell him she liked him too. She didn’t. Instead, she held out her hand, her gaze roaming over his clean-shaven face. He was handsome with and without the beard. “Let’s get you to bed.”

He arose with his lips twisted into a silly grin, drunken happiness in his eyes. She led him to his bedroom, took off his shoes, and tucked him underneath the covers when he lay flat. This man was something else.
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:23 pm

"I am not one of the children, you don't need to put me to bed and also, you sleep here. I do the couch, remember?" I get up and she comes over, gets in next to me. I look at her a little surprised, she tells me the couch is not comfortable and their is plenty of room. I kind of tense up though, not being able to help it.

I lay back down, I look at her and she looks at me, "I'm still going to do the couch..." I go to move but she puts her hand over mine, I look at her and I suddenly feel calmer. I think she's doing magic, but I can't feel mad about it because well I am calm. I lay back,"Okay, you can stop the magic now." She does so.

I turn to my side, still looking at her and she does the same. "I may be drunk but I mean what I said...." She tells me to sleep and we will talk tomorrow. I do not kiss her lips, but I do hold her hand and I place a kiss on it. She smiles at me. Her eyes close and yes, I watch her sleep. Women, the ones you care for, they look so amazing when they sleep.

I eventually drift off myself.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:53 am

Davina awoke with the cutest five year old in existence sprawled across her body, and as soon as her eyes opened, he giggled. He’d wandered in at some point during the night because he couldn’t sleep, and they’d obliged him.

She grinned at Liam and ruffled his hair. He looked so much like his father. “Morning, love. Did you sleep better?”

Liam nodded. “Yes! I like Daddy’s bed.”

She chuckled. “I like Daddy’s bed, too.”

“He’ll let you sleep in it, I bet. He lets me. It’s super big, so there’s lots of room.” He still lay across her chest, perfectly comfortable where he was.

How innocent he was, and yet all she could think about was what it would imply to an adult’s mind. She wouldn’t mind sharing this bed with Lochlan. Speaking of, she glanced over and saw him right by her side, his eyes open, watching her interact with his son. Her heart thudded in her chest. Did he remember last night? Had he truly meant what he said?

She offered him a small smile before Liam pulled her attention back to him. “What’s for breakfast? Can I help?”

Davina gasped. “As if I could do it without you? Chef’s choice today.” She hoped he didn’t dream up anything too wild.

Liam beamed at her, then hopped off of the bed. She followed him to the kitchen after giving Lochlan one last glance, contentment in her eyes. “Lead the way, good sir. What’ll it be today?”

Liam bounced along ahead of her, pulled out a step stool, and stood at the counter in thought. Then, he turned to her. “Pancakes. With Skittles!”

Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:01 am

I woke up to chatter and saw Davina talking to Liam, who crawled into the bed at some point. I remember what I said, I was drunk and drunk makes you say the truth but I am not sure what to do about it. She's a warlock, I wanted to be done with magic. Find a normal human girl if I ever come to that, of course I would out live her. It's hard to care about it, magic, it caused nothing but problems for me.

I come downstairs, I say the girls must be sleeping still and Davina chimes in yes. We say nothing further, I do glance at her as I make a grab for some coffee, it's already made and she hands me my cup. I look at her, "Thank you..." is all I say, Liam watches us and smiles, "I am helping make the pancakes, Daddy!"

I look at him,"I heard that..., are you the next Gordon Ramsey?" Liam chuckles, "No, I don't yell Daddy!" I drink some coffee, "I don't know about that, you can scream pretty loud."

The girls make their way upstairs, more giggling and they get their plates, they head back down to the basement to eat. I sit with Davina, Liam and Cillian, who has his nintendo DS. I take it and he argues, then I point for him to eat. He does as I put the DS to a chair nearby. We all sit and eat, talking about school, other things in life.

It's Sunday, but Cillian is meeting friends for a movie. I am told a girl is one of those friends but a parent is going to be with them, plus 4 other kids. I think though, "You want to go..see a movie?" I ask Davina, who looks at me. "I can drop Liam at Ryan or Luke's, we can see something while Cillian watches his...,what time again Cillian?"

"2:45" Cillian, his mouth stuffed with food. I look to Davina, who agrees. I get on the phone and make arrangements for Liam. I go find Niamh and tell her we are seeing a movie. She tells me she is going to a friends house. Niamh is picked up by a friends mom, the other girls picked up by their own parents. I drop Liam to Ryan's, back in the car and go to the theatre.

We looked up movies, I tell Cillian to wait at the arcade area for us, our movie is out 5 minutes after his and thankfully the parent of his friend agrees to wait for me to come out.

I grab 2 popcorns, some drinks and candy. I give Cillian his, we finally split up and Davina and I go to see our movie. We sit and I hand her the popcorn and drink she wanted. We sit and enjoy, it's a comedy but their is some romance in it, awkward but I just rather go with the flow.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:28 am

Davina sat beside Lochlan during the movie, laughing during the appropriate scenes, and feeling a little awkward during the love scenes. It was surprising that this was the film they were seeing, rather than the new action flick everyone seemed to be raving about, but she wasn’t about to complain. She liked being with Lochlan.

Still, she stewed in her seat for the full hour and a half of the film. Was this a date? Was it just convenient because Cillian was headed there? Was it a means of showing gratitude for her presence, or because all the children would be occupied, he was throwing her a bone?

She kept thinking about what he’d said the night before. Maybe he really meant it.

By the time the movie was over, she was wound up and happy for fresh air. She thanked him for treating her to a day out, commented on the film, and sat in silence as he drove her home. When he looked her way, she smiled, but the night prior was playing on a loop through her head.

Later that evening, Niamh returned in time for dinner while Lochlan helped Cillian finish up a project for school. She helped retrieve ingredients from the pantry while Davina cooked, grinning at her occasionally.

“How was your date with Dad?”

Davina cleared her throat and paused in the middle of peeling an onion. “What date?”

Niamh groaned. “You cannot be this clueless. It was basically a date. So, date. Except maybe next time, a nice restaurant, and not a movie. You can’t talk during a movie.”

Davina didn’t respond. She wasn’t sure what to say, anyway. “Grab me the celery, will you?”

Niamh did as asked. She was still smirking like she knew the world’s biggest secret. “Try that new Italian place. It’s super fancy.”

A couple hours later, after the kids were settled in their beds, Davina sat on the couch to rest when Lochlan emerged from the restroom. Her heart sped up in her chest the second his gaze met hers. Finally, she couldn’t take it anymore.

“Lochlan?”

He made his way toward her, then seated himself beside her. She sighed. “I’m sorry. I have to ask. Was this a date?”
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:34 am

I look at her, "It was if it's...something you were okay with? I meant what I said last night. It's just, Davina, you know I am fucked up right now.I am trying, really trying to...be open to new experiences and you are without a doubt the most amazing woman, aside from Cora, that I have met. You are beautiful, funny, you're perfect."

She looks at me and then away blushing, I look at her and hear her response. She then looks back to me, I take my chance and I gently kiss her. We sink into each other, lost in the kiss and I break off, knowing she would want to wait, if she even wants to be with me.

"I take it in response...to this kiss, it's a yes, you want to, maybe try?" I look at her.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:41 am

Davina giggled, and if she thought her heart had been hammering before, it was nothing compared to now. He wanted her, of all people.

She still didn’t want to jump headfirst into this. He was grieving. “I want to. I just want to make sure you’re ready.” She swallowed hard. “I didn’t say it back last night, but I like you, too.”

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:29 pm