The Vampire Diaries

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Vampire Diaries

A forum set up for discussion on the hit CW show The Vampire Diaries.

2 posters

The God and the Healer - RP

Canadianmummy

The God and the Healer - RP - Page 3 Empty Re: The God and the Healer - RP

Post  Canadianmummy Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:14 am

I have seen her brothers before, her whole family while I did my research and followed her. I offer my hand to Luke and we shake hands, he tried to grip a little harder and I can't help but do it back, I notice a flinch in the guy's face expression and I ease up. I break off, Luke looks at me "My sister is not one to be discreet...., is he your boyfriend?"

Before Cora can say anything, "I think now is a great time I leave..,, nice to meet you but I just came here to speak to Cora. I'll see you back at the hotel ." I say loudly enough, watching her squirm a bit.

"Hotel? Now, now..,don't run off Romeo." He insists.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:57 am

This'll be a hard one to explain, and I'm not sure this is a story Lochlan wants told. But maybe dangling him in front of my family to get them off my back about finding a man won't hurt.

I take advantage of the moment and drape my arm over Lochlan's shoulder, which looks weird as hell considering he's almost a foot taller than I am. "We're not labeling it, but yes. He's a potential squeeze. Irish, too. The best type of squeeze."

I bump my hip against his and nod toward my brother. "How's it hanging?"

Luke points a finger in the air between us. "We're not talking about me right now. I want to get to know the guy unfortunate enough to date my sister."

He stops and checks his watch. "Scratch that. I've got that new defense class in two minutes." He studies Lochlan and looks down at the weights he'd been using. "You're a strong son of a bitch. I might use you in a demonstration." He glances from me to my potential sexless squeeze, then back again. "Got anything planned for the next hour?"
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:04 pm

I look at her brother, "Yes I do..leaving, excuse me a moment." I hold Cora by the arm and pull her aside. "What are you doing? This isn't a game I wish to play....I'm not here to make friends or pretend to be your boyfriend. I've probably pissed off your brother enough thankfully, so good luck.."

I turn to leave once more and she is the one who has stopped me, I'm fascinated to know what she has to say.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:29 pm

I snort. "Please. My family's been bugging me about finding a date for a year now, and Luke doesn't hate anyone." I think for a moment. "How about I promise to follow all your demands, and you humor me by taking this class? I think sparring with you would be a hell of an experience. You know, with witnesses and all. No more super strength and tall buildings."
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:44 pm

"Sure, let's go kill everyone in the class..." Finally agreeing, to have her on board. Knowing full well I have to ease off on my strength isn't going to feel great but police showing up would not be ideal. I go back over to Luke and before I can say anything, he's giving me props saying it's cool and I follow him to a class.

I stand with my arms folded, some women in the class I can't help but smile at as they nod in approval. Luke sees that and I have to remind myself right, he think I like his sister who I also look to, she's standing at the sidelines watching. She waves at me and blows me a kiss, I can't do nothing but just stare.

I look back to Luke and he instructs me to stand a certain way, he stands in front of me. I wait for his blow, knowing this self-defence and he explains to the women and goes for his attacks on me first, I don't even flinch at the first one but ease up the more I experience.

Soon he has all the women lining up and practising on me. "That is it ladies, make Lochlan want to board the plane back to Ireland." He says, cheering them on.

Finally, the hell is over or so I think, I see Cora approach me in front of the class. Her brother stands back, with a curious look on his face. I look at her, "figured out why you wanted me to agree doing this class, your turn to get back at me...okay, go ahead, take your shot." I lean in and whisper, "Nothing involving my dick...play nice with that please."

PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:55 pm

Enough of watching these thirsty bitches climb all over Lochlan. They fumbled, they giggled, they turned pink in the cheeks. Not one of them had the nerve to really put him to the test.

But I will.

I take my sweet time putting my hair into a bun as I stare back at him. I crack my neck. Shift my shoulders from side to side. Stretch my arms and do a little hip shimmy. Just because.

"Let's show these people what they really want to see," I whisper back, grabbing the ends of his shirt. I just know my brother is stuck between cringing and actively putting a stop to the striptease. He wisely stands back, his curious gaze shifting to Lochlan.

If this is harassment, I'm waiting for him to object. I mean, it's most definitely harassment, but I'd like to have his consent. He says nothing, a hard glint in his eyes as I work the fabric up and over his lean chest, past his head, and over his raised arms. His hair is ruffled and out of place when I toss the shirt to the side. I ignore the giggles and the whispers from our audience. I'm zoned in to him and him alone.

Without warning, I strike. My hand wraps around the front of his throat, but quicker yet, he grabs hold of my arm and twists until I'm on my knees, facing away from him. The audience gasps. Luke looks simultaneously worried and amused.

I draw back my elbow and strike him in the gut; with a soft whoosh of air escaping from his lips, he bends forward, and I use that same elbow to crack him in the chin as I rise to my feet. I spin again and end up behind him, my arm around his throat.

He's not going down easily. Without a doubt, he's letting me win. Or, he was. The arm that has him imprisoned is now being yanked forward, up and over his body, and I land hard on the mat beneath us. He now hovers above me, his fingers at my neck, a wicked gleam in his eyes. I'm panting, my heart is pounding in my chest, I'm wet, and it isn't just from the perspiration. I suddenly wish we didn't have the audience. Or Lochlan's stupid sex rule.

For a man who didn't want to do this, he's surely enjoying it. Everyone in here can see the smirk on his lips, and they can damned well see what it's doing to me, too.

I use the distraction to bring my leg up and over his shoulder and then twist my hip away from him, giving my other leg free room to move forth and join the other. His head is caught between my thighs, dangerously close to the goods. In any other scenario, I'd skip to the finishing move, but I pause and enjoy the deliciousness of this position. From the look on his face, he can tell.

I flip, taking him with me, and we tussle until I'm straddling him. My tank top has ridden low, affording him a great view of my cleavage, and I'm breathing fast and hard from exertion. My face is inches from his.

Somewhere in the distance, I hear a woman mutter, "Jesus Christ." Others in the audience murmur in agreement.

I know he let me have the win, but I can take that knowledge. I finally snap out of the moment when Luke claps his hands and steps into the center of the room, bringing the class to an end.

"All right, ladies, we're done here. This is, uh... yeah, this is what you don't want to do with your attacker, actually, but thanks. Good session." Luke's eyes are narrowed at me. I climb off of Lochlan, and as a peace offering, I hand his shirt back to him. The fire in his eyes right now could destroy cities.

Last edited by PuppyWithATutu on Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:03 pm

I lay on the floor, Cora above me and look up at her, even though I let her win, "okay, I will admit...that was impressive. Are you going to get off me? Rule still stands." I sit more up, my hands ran up her thighs actually and I hear a cough, Luke is standing right there. Cora gets off and I finally stand, "Her idea..., you are correct that your sister is not discrete, at all."

Luke looks at me, "I have never seen her so..., you're so different around him." I see him look at her, as do I as he said that. "Come to dinner, we can have the family over..., the rest of them can meet Lochlan, you do it now or I will have to keep asking. Plus, considering you felt up my sister in front of me just now, you owe me something."

PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:14 pm

I'm not typically a nervous person. Now I am. Lochlan worked his magic for me after we got back to the hotel and teleported back to my apartment to grab some more clothes from my closet. Now I'm standing in front of the mirror in a silky, flowing blouse, a pair of jean shorts, and some leather ankle boots loaded with buckles.

How do I skirt around what Lochlan does for a living? How do I explain any of this without lying? I'm a real shit liar. Hence why I don't do it often.

I reconsider. Serves Lochlan right for popping up at the gym where my brother works. Surely he'd know I'd come up to bug him, then get discovered and pretend to be dating the guy. Yep, I've decided this is his fault.

I turn back to Lochlan, who's dressed dapper in a button-down white shirt and black dress pants. Even his shoes and his hair are impeccable. Nothing is out of place. He regards my outfit, then reaches back into the suitcase he brought from my apartment. "Wear the skirt."

I eye him hard, wondering why the hell it matters. Then I sigh, roll the shorts down my legs, and let him take in the kitten-printed panties I'm wearing before I slip on the skirt. I'm almost mad that it matches my blouse perfectly.

"Well, let's go lie to my family, I guess. Hope you're good at it, 'cause I'm not."

My father greets us at the door to his home with the biggest smile I've ever seen him wear. "Sweet pea," he says, pulling me into his arms for a hug before letting me go. "You've been holding out on me, I take it."

He steps back, allowing us both in, and then offers his hand to my potential squeeze. "You must be Lochlan. I'm Elliot. It's a pleasure."

Last edited by PuppyWithATutu on Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:45 am; edited 1 time in total
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:00 am

From the amount of time I have been watching Cora, her father was always a favourite of mine. Much more than her brothers who to me were your stereotypical jock/overprotective type.

I shake her fathers hand, “I appreciate the invite to come over, I am to blame for the secret keeping between your daughter and I.”

Father looks at me up and down unsure, “how long has it been?”

I look to Cora who seems to be watching and enjoying how fast I can lie.
    “Less than a month, what is it you do for a living sir?” I ask making sure I own the conversation.

PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:47 am

Katherine
    The God and the Healer - RP - Page 3 Evan-rachel-wood-051

Fuck. Lochlan is too good at lying. And he's lying all wrong. A goddamned month?!

I watch as my father studies my date, and his eyes cut to me, barely veiled hurt contained within them. I never keep things from my family, and now he thinks I've been lying to him for a month. He brushes it off and turns back to Lochlan. "I'm a fireman."

I step up, place a hand on Lochlan's shoulder, and give it a punishing squeeze. "Uh, honey bear? You and your sense of time. It's been more like a week, not a month." I meet my dad's stare. "Dad, I'm sorry. I was feeling him out before I brought him around. I wasn't trying to be dishonest about anything."

My father's expression brightens infinitesimally. He offers me a smile. "That sounds closer to the truth." He looks back at Lochlan and his smile dims. "I'm quite close to my daughter, Lochlan. Why would you want to keep your relationship a secret?"

The silence is tense. I'm waiting with bated breath for Lochlan's way out of this one. He can't very well say that he's a god who's been assigned to be my bodyguard. Although, really, I want nothing more than to just rip off the band-aid and blurt it out. I fucking hate keeping secrets from the people I love.

Before Lochlan can answer, the front door swings open and in walks Luke, three-year-old Ellie in his arms and seven-year-old Jacob in tow, hanging onto his father's pant leg and dragging his body behind with every step, his playful laughter filling the house before he ever steps foot inside. Katherine brings up the rear, looking as elegant and stunning as ever, and gives me a warm smile.

The second Ellie sees me, she squirms in her father's arms, desperate to be set down. He lets her go and she springs toward me while Jacob does the same to his grandfather. I swallow her small body with my own and run my hand over the wild red curls on her head. She's a spitting image of her mother, whereas Jacob takes after his dad.

"Aunt Cora! I have something for you!"

I beam down at her, my eyes going wide. "You do?"

She nods and pulls something from behind her back. A half-unwrapped, spit-covered red Starburst rests on her palm. She's looking at me expectantly, so I take it and hold it gingerly between my fingers.

"Open it!" she demands, so I do just that. I peel off the wrapper, hoping beyond hope that she won't make me eat it. Then, lightning fast, she plucks it out of my hand and pops the candy into her mouth. She laughs as if her trick is the funniest thing in the world, so naturally I do as well. Her grin is infectious.

Jacob turns to me, having just given his grandpa a bear hug. "There is a surprise though, Aunt Cora. Really!"

Color me intrigued. I like surprises. "Oh, yeah? What's that?"

"A big surprise!" Ellie yells, bouncing on the heels of her feet, her dress swaying around her little legs.

Katherine steps forth, then, and places a hand on her youngest's shoulder. "Let's not spoil it, though-"

"It's Uncle Ryan!" Ellie exclaims. She flashes every single one of her teeth, she's so excited. Katherine has her head in her hands. I've stopped breathing. I look from face to face, expectant, waiting. Is Ellie for real?

I hold my hands to my chest, hope swelling inside me. "Is Ryan coming home?"

Ellie giggles and pulls on my shirt. "No, Aunt Cora. He's here!"

I turn slowly until I'm facing the doorway. Ryan stands in his uniform, looking like the freshest Marine to ever Marine, a smile stealing across his face. He drops his bag and steps forward, and I run to him. I very nearly bowl him over when I slam into him, my arms wrapping around him and holding on for dear life. It's been over a year since I last saw him. The most ungodly sounds wrench free from my throat as I sob and shriek and sniffle into his shoulder. He squeezes me back just as hard.

Vaguely, I hear my father behind me. Everyone is laughing because they're happy. Me, I'm a wailing, neurotic mess. I've missed him so much.

He sighs into my hair as he holds me. "I've missed you too, Sis."

It's another long moment before I step away to wipe at my tears. Katherine quietly hands me a tissue as Dad goes in for the next hug. "First Sergeant Jefferies," he says, his voice thick with pride and his own eyes glimmering with the threat of waterworks. "It's goddamned good to have you back, Son."

The reunion has my heart full to bursting. I try to rein in the tears when Ryan's gaze finds Lochlan, who stands and offers his hand. Ryan completes the handshake, his inquisitive eyes locked onto our guest.

"Pleasure," Ryan says with a nod. He looks back and forth from Luke to Dad, then back to Lochlan. "Do we like him?"

Dad's eyes are narrowed. His arms are crossed. "Undecided," he says.

Luke shrugs and sits down at the kitchen table. "Eh, seems fine to me. What's for dinner?"
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:11 am

It's awkward to say the least and when you're a god, you don't ever usually feel awkward. I don't want this family to like me, I don't really care either way. I am not dating their daughter, even if she does look amazing in the skirt she's wearing and what I have planned. She looks to me with a grin, as she makes her way to sit down.

I see the father go into the kitchen alone and take my chance, "I feel I should clear things up." Elliot stands up straight, was looking in the fridge. He nods to me, hands me a beer as well.

I thank him and then tell the biggest lie I can think of, "The reason I kept our relationship a secret, I....I was engaged to another woman who passed away, not too long ago either. I met Cora and it's...., well, I didn't want people to think I moved on so soon and I shouldn't care what people think but you raised an amazing woman, you deserve to know I have nothing but the best intentions for her."

Elliot looks me over, pops open my beer "I appreciate your honesty, I can tell you care about her...the way you both look at each other. Her last boyfriend, I could kill the prick if I ever saw him again. So far, you're alright Lochlan, you can breathe a little easier." He smirks to me and walks off, I look at his back a with a little admiration. I snap myself out of it, I really wanted her father to like me, why? It's a great question I ask myself. I am really thinking too much on this girl.

I join the rest of the family at the far side of the kitchen, they save a spot for me next to Cora. As I sit, the little kids start to giggle and I find her brothers staring at me.

Luke then asks, "So, what do you do for a living Lochlan?" I take a very quick second, "Security.." Luke looks interested, "What kind?" I entertain them with more lies about how I have done security jobs for celebrities and now I am in between jobs, taking a break. "Why did you leave Ireland?" I am then asked.

"I left because it's Ireland, as beautiful as it is...not a whole lot of opportunity unless you want the same life every day. I've always wanted to come over to the states, glad I did." I glance to Cora and do a fake but believable smile.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:07 am

Jesus, Lochlan should consider a career in politics if he's this great at lying. Although I'm not entirely sure why he tried to redeem himself for my father, I'm glad he did. I weirdly, insanely, want my family to embrace him. Maybe it'll chip away at all that stone around his heart.

I accept the sickly sweet, fake-ass smile and give him one in return.

Ryan looks on, ever perceptive. He's always been the quiet one, taking after our calm and collected dad as Luke and I lean more on the eccentric side of the spectrum. Ryan is the strong, silent, protective one who'd rather sit in the back and watch rather than contribute to conversation. He has a quiet intensity and a wealth of smarts, though, that make people take heed. Because he so rarely speaks, people tend to pay attention when he decides he has something to say.

There's something going on in his mind, and that's all I know. He hasn't taken his eyes off of Lochlan and me since he got here.

He pierces Lochlan with a cerulean blue gaze, his eyes and face aged by war. He'd gone into the Marines a fresh-faced kid, and he'd emerged as a man more subdued. Calculated. Formidable.

"How did you meet Cora?"
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:33 am

I was just taking a bite of my chicken, when I look to the brother known as Ryan speaks to me. He was off in battle while I observed Cora at first, it's funny how much their families have a lot in common. I didn't have any siblings, never got to experience the love and friendship but how Cora hugged him, I can't ignore that, I know she's special.

The thought crossing my mind, I take advantage of my plan and want to make her think twice about playing games with me. I know she has an agenda here, I'm also feeling a little bored, no sex but didn't say I couldn't do something else. I look at Ryan, the table is just high enough you can't see my hand underneath trail up along her exposed knee, to her thighs, I see her start to realize why I said skirt.

"We met in a bar, near the hospital....I bought her a drink and the rest is history." My hand goes a little higher, underneath the skirt. I look to her, as she tries to gain her composure. I keep my focus entirely on her, when my fingers pull aside the panties she's wearing and gently stroke the outside on her clit.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:55 am

My stomach muscles seize and my breath hitches in my chest. Is he fucking serious right now? First he has a no sex rule, now he wants to finger me in front of my family?

I squirm and grab hold of his hand, my fingers closing around his wrist in a vise grip. I clearly haven't pushed his hand far enough away, though, because the very tip of one long finger is still teasing the most sensitive part of me. It's almost embarrassing that he barely has to touch me to open the floodgates. I can tell him no all I want, but the evidence suggests otherwise. My thighs tremble as I pull his hand away, but I can't readjust my panties without attracting attention.

Cool air is settling between my legs. I swallow hard and cross one over the other, then risk a glance at Ryan. He's busy listening to a story Dad is telling. I sigh in relief, then stand, making sure my skirt is covering every inch of me before I back away from the table. "Gotta be excused," I say, my voice a little more breathy than I'd like. "Bathroom."

I dart down the hall and go in search of toilet paper. He has to be some kind of god to cause such a mess with the barest of a touch.

Last edited by PuppyWithATutu on Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:11 pm

It was near the end of dinner when I decided to give her a little tease, if she thought that was bad, I'm nowhere near to done. Everyone has made their way outside, it is a beautiful summer night, before anyone can really notice I slip away. I can obviously find her with my godly powers and I know exactly the bathroom she's in. I stop at first, which is weird...since when do I stop? This is what I do? Has it just been awhile? I'm going to go with that and also she needs to be taught a lesson. Shit, I get hard thinking about that.

Too much thinking is exactly my problem lately, I open the door very fast and I see her turn around to see me. Before she can protest or say anything, "Thanks for going along with the plan..." I hoist her up on the counter of the bathroom sink, their is more than enough room. I slip my hands underneath the skirt again that is resting on her waist, I pull the panties back down and I bring my hand slowly up her inner right thigh. She starts to gasp and I cover her mouth, I stand super close to her and I continue to fuck her with my finger. She moans at the gentle touch I start with, not before I add more force.

I put my finger to her flips, indicating to be quiet and I go for her pussy with my tongue. I bend forwards and she leans more back, able to rest against the wall and no more gentle,as I move my tongue all along the outside of her clit, to finally the inside.

She puts her hands on my hair, I smirk and I know she can feel that, I keep going and going until she explodes. I break off, kissing her thighs and stand up to grab a Kleenex for myself to clean up. I look in the mirror fixing my hair and everything else, I look to her "You did help clean me up...," as I wash my hands, I add a last smirk and leave just like that. Not a word more.

I am downstairs and outside when she emerges, I say nothing to her family, I'm sure they know something happened with us both gone. Ryan comes up to me and mentions they need to make a beer run and for me to tag along, I look at him and know that this will be more lying. Sure, why not, I agree and walk past Cora, she looks at me still with an amazed look, "Laters, babe..."

PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:32 pm

I'm unsteady on my feet as I watch him leave with Ryan. I can see the knowing look my brother casts my way, his deadpan expression, and my face flushes twice as hot as it had been before.

What the fuck just happened?

I brace myself against the wall to ride through the residual tremors. My insides are still convulsing, and it seems my heart has decided to move south for now because that's where it feels like it's beating. Right above where his mouth and fingers had just been.

This man mind-fucks me seven ways till Sunday. I don't know which way is up or down. I'm free falling, floating blindly, and I'm the submissive, allowing him to take me in whichever direction he chooses.

Is the sex rule null and void, or is he going to continue torturing me? What happened in there was great, but it wasn't the real thing. It isn't all I want.

I want all of him. I want every inch. I want his body, his mind, and his heart.

Unfortunately, I'm pathetic enough that I'm willing to take what I can get.

Ryan cast glances Lochlan's way every now and then as he drove toward the store. It didn't usually take him long to figure someone out, but this guy was an enigma. His sister was different around him. Secretive. Her eyes darted around every time her date said a certain thing, as if checking to make sure his audience believed him. Lochlan didn't have a tell, but Cora certainly did.

His sister was the worst liar he'd ever met. He'd take advantage of that later and find some way to get her alone. Of all her family, she was most incapable of fooling Ryan.

The ride was silent until they got to the store. Ryan led the way, his steps fast and agitated, as Lochlan followed.

Finally they reached the beer aisle and Ryan spun on his heels, executing a perfect military turn, and eyed the man in front of him.

"There's something off about you," he said, his deep voice gruff, his gaze cautious. "You and her both. I want to know what it is."
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:47 pm

I am starting to get annoyed, what am I really doing? Months ago I was in a battle, just like Ryan and now I am lying about why I am good enough to be dating his precious sister.

"Not sure what their is to really know, we like each other...its new. Not trying to be disrespectful but your sister, she's a challenge. We are seeing what works. Got it." Before Ryan can even grab the case of beer, I've done it and set it in a cart we brought along.

Ryan looks at Lochlan, "Well, Lochlan, you're kind of an asshole. I will call you out on it, I'm not my sister and you can't sweet talk me into thinking this kind of "I am better than you" attitude is a turn on. My sister clearly has issues if she thinks she deserves that..."

I stop and turn around to look at Ryan, who is at my face, " What do you think I am doing exactly? Making her happy? Check..., knowing about her whole healing ability and accepting it, check. " I see him wide his eyes slightly, I nod again, "Maybe we tone down the judgement? I like her, she's...., unlike anyone I have ever met, that is without a doubt the truth. Can we get back to buying beer please?"
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:59 pm

Clearly Cora saw something in him that Ryan didn't. Ryan still couldn't shake the feeling that there was more to the story than what Lochlan claimed. If he knew about her abilities, maybe he wasn't altogether normal, himself. Cora kept her cards close to her chest when it came to her powers. She didn't go screaming it from the rooftops.

"Then you know she's special," he said, stepping closer. "I'm not sure you know just what she can do. She doesn't just heal. She's capable of so much more than even you or I know." The surprise registered on Lochlan's face, betraying his blasé attitude. Seems Ryan knew a few things that Lochlan didn't.
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:13 pm

I look at Ryan, I went to far speaking about her ability but I figured it would shut him up. I won't go as far as to tell him who I am, I do know I can trust him oddly enough, that he would never betray his sister or rat her out. "You have my attention...., how I know her ability, I just do. It's best you know as little as possible about that, do we at least agree on that?"
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:28 pm

Ryan ground his teeth together, considered for a moment, and then stepped back to give Lochlan space to breathe. "For now," he allowed.

He shoved his hands into his pockets and let his eyes roam over the boxes of beer. Checked to make sure they were alone. "I've never told anyone this. Cora was too young to remember."

Lochlan stood as still as a statue, waiting for the rest of the story. Ryan warred with his own instincts. To trust or not to trust. Oddly enough, he felt compelled to let Lochlan know just what he was getting into. Just how truly special his sister was.

"I was just about to turn sixteen, Cora was five. We were playing at the lake when a friend of mine thought it would be funny to push me into the water. He didn't know my shoe would get caught on a ledge on the way down. My leg practically snapped in half. Suddenly I couldn't swim, couldn't stay afloat. I just about drowned by the time my dad got to me. They all crowded around, I'm told, trying to work on me. Cora was a crying mess. Dad's trying CPR, Luke's freaking out, and Cora just touches me and I'm coughing up water. My leg doesn't hurt anymore. I'm aware enough to see my baby sister staring down my friend, this six-foot-seven, three-hundred pound offensive lineman, and he drops to his knees. He's making sounds no human should make. Screaming and wailing like a bitch, blood dripping from every hole in his face. I knew it was her."

Ryan met Lochlan's gaze and swallowed. "I called out her name. She turned back to me and the screaming stopped."
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:38 pm

Well, this certainly changes things. I look away and feel concerned about what I was told. That is not at all a typical healer, what is she? Why is it Cora. I can feel Ryan still watching me, fuck I can't tell him, it's too dangerous for him to know anything else. Instead, I simply say "I appreciate you telling me, I am a decent guy....most of the time, I am not ever going to hurt your sister."

Ryan looks at me, "Are you one too? You have to be something, so calmly listening to my story and you don't flinch." I look at him, "I just met you. Look, in time..,, let's get back to the house."

Ryan isn't sure, but I walk off to the cash register and buy the beers. We head back back, I walk in and go straight to Cora. I look at her, "It's late, let's go..." I have a few conversations to have with her about all of what I just heard, I need to speak to a council or get some advice. All I know is it doesn't sound good.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:14 pm

What the fuck happened with Ryan and Lochlan? Oh, god, did he give the protective older brother talk?

Wait, Lochlan is a god. That speech may have worked on all my other boyfriends, save for Adam the cheater, but it wouldn't exactly intimidate my current beau. Or whatever the hell he was.

"Why the rush?" I whisper, my eyes darting between both men. "Did something happen?"

Before Lochlan can reply, Ryan looks pointedly at me and then nods toward the hallway. With one last glance toward my Irishman, I get up and follow my brother. He opens the door to my old bedroom and motions me inside. My nerves are going haywire. He knows that me and secrets don't mix. Even though he's over ten years my senior, we share the strongest bond of this family. I'm not sure how much of it has to do with having saved his life all those years ago, but he'd been my most trusted confidante growing up. Not a lot has changed between us except time zones and vastly different lives.

When the door is closed behind us, Ryan steps up to me. There's a potency in the way he looks at a person that almost dares them to lie.

His voice is low and gravelly. "He knows about the lake."

I nod. So far, so good. "Yeah, I told him."

He lets out a humorless laugh and crosses his arms. "You don't remember a friend I used to have? He moved away when you were five?"

Weird question. I clear my throat. "The one who pushed you?"

He nods. "Yeah, and you almost killed him for it. I diverted your attention and you stopped."

Now it's my turn to laugh. "Yeah, sure, okay. What, with my Jedi power?"

He doesn't humor me. He shrugs. "Basically, yes. I told your boyfriend what happened that day and he looked real worried. I'm sure that's why he's trying to whisk you away."

I don't know what to say to that. My voice is small when I reply. "Oh."

Ryan steps closer. "What is he?"

My eyes widen. Fuck, I'm squirming again. "Ryan, please don't. You know I suck at this."

He's unrelenting. "What is he, Cora?"

"I can't."

"Then he isn't human. Is he like you?"

Well, see, that's safe enough to answer. He's most definitely not like me. I shake my head.

My brother smiles. "You only suck at this because you can't lie to me. I know all your tells."

I bristle. "I haven't told a single lie since I got here."

He narrows his eyes. "But your boyfriend has been doing it all night. He's good, too. But you're his tell. And that's how I knew."

I push against him and take a deep pull of fresh air. I resort to pacing my room. I stop to give him an imploring look. "Look, it's a lot. And you know I hate keeping secrets, and I'm fucking glad to have you back, but this is a story for another time. I'm safe. He's like a bodyguard of sorts. That's what he does."

I've said too much. There's anger in Ryan's eyes now. He's rigid. His jaw muscles clench and unclench. "Are you in danger?"

"No!" I blurt out. "Look, I can't use my powers. Apparently it weakens some shield. Each time I do, it makes me... more visible to bad things that want me for my powers. So, like, I can fix a superficial wound, but no more playing with life and death. That's how they find me."

Ryan doesn't look placated in the least. If anything, he looks more worried. Before I can dig my hole a little deeper, the door opens and Lochlan is standing in front of me.

Oops.
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:21 pm

"You asked me what I am and I didn't tell you, and Cora isn't going to either. Take my advice it is better that you don't know and you, we really have to go now." I whisk her away, bid farewell and we get in the car.

I drive in silence, not sure what to do with this information. She doesn't remember, would she tell me if she did? "I really don't know what to make of your family, they really seem to know a lot....do you remember anything that your brother was telling you? When you were at the lake?" She shakes her head no, I can tell she means it.

I pull over at a secluded area, I look at her and I tell her what Ryan told me exactly.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:38 pm

I can't help it. I don't know if I'm sleep deprived or simply driven crazy from the stress, but this is the straw that breaks the camel's back. I curl over in the seat and laugh until I'm in tears. I don't know how else to react.

I take a few deep breaths and try to ground myself. My voice sounds squeaky because I'm putting most of my effort into not cackling anymore. "You're telling me I made a brain smoothie out of the guy with my mind?" I snort, then channel my inner Darth Vader, my pitch going as deep as it can go. "You have failed me for the last time." Nailed it.

I double over again. Of course I'd have some bad-ass abilities like that and Ryan wouldn't even tell me. I'd have stirred up so much shit in my teenage years.

"Look, all I remember is seeing my brother at death's door. I touched him, didn't really know what it would do, and the rest is history. I only have bits and pieces. Ryan, Luke, and my dad were the ones who swore up and down and convinced me I'd healed him. Nobody said anything about inducing migraine torture on people."
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:42 pm

"You're not a healer, who knows what you are...I sure don't. I need to get advice about it, you could be dangerous Cora and not even realize it. You can save death and cause it, that is not a good combination. I'll bring you home for now..." I do just that and walk into the hotel with her, "Your brother also needs to lay off, I don't care if he's over protective. We are not dating Cora or involved in any way, so you tell your family we broke up."

I sit for a second, this definitely feels above my pay grade, just give me a head to chop off! ,"I do like your dad actually..."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 5:43 pm