The Vampire Diaries

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Vampire Diaries

A forum set up for discussion on the hit CW show The Vampire Diaries.

2 posters

Freed: A Captive Roleplay // Part 2

PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Freed: A Captive Roleplay // Part 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Freed: A Captive Roleplay // Part 2

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:01 pm

All at once, words come tumbling out of my mouth. "Let me preface this by saying that he stopped by my studio after class. I told him I shouldn't be talking to him, I swear, but he was so pitiful. He looked broken, so I just agreed to a meeting over coffee. I said I'd relay any pertinent information to you and let you decide."

Derrick is getting impatient. I quickly move on. "He said that he has information about your mom, about their past. He didn't want to elaborate until he could speak with you. He wanted to get everything off his chest." I meet his gaze, idly spinning my engagement ring around my finger as I conjure up Robert's last message. "He said that most importantly, he wants you to know that he loves you."
    Canadianmummy

Freed: A Captive Roleplay // Part 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Freed: A Captive Roleplay // Part 2

Post  Canadianmummy Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:07 pm

Derrick just looks at the bottle in his hands, not sure what he wants to do. He listened to his future bride and understood his dad charmed his way into talking to her. His mom though, that bitch left him and what would she have to do his dad being arrested?

It's not like he could confront her, he'd have to know where she is....he does have money now, maybe he could hire someone to find her? Was he really thinking of this, he looks at Mel "What would you do? I really don't know what to do...I don't think he's going to stop showing up till I speak to him but...., it's hard Mel....this man is the reason my life went to shit!" He says annoyed, "I'm sorry, he just...I can't be civil to him."

Looks at her.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:13 pm

I place a hand on his arm, knowing he's hurt. I wish I knew what to say. "You don't have to be," I tell him, moving closer until we're side by side. "You can scream and yell and get it all out if that's what you need. He'll understand. Hell, he deserves it."

I wait until he looks back at me before continuing. "What would I do? Probably the same thing you're doing. But then I'd probably go the rest of my days wondering what it was he had to say. I can't tell you one way or the other what to do, but if you go, I'll be right by your side. You won't be alone in this, in anything, as long as I'm around."
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:43 pm

He looks at her,"let's just get ready for Camden coming over..., I'll think about." He kisses her and gets up, he has a shower and comes down shortly. James was sitting at the table and he hugs his son, who tells him all about school and Derric grabs another beer, listening.

"dad, can I have a beer?" James says, watching his Dad in admiration. Derrick sits down next to his boy, "you wouldn't like it..." James nods,"Yes, I would!" He shakes his head, "Nope.."

James sits back and looks mad, Derrick looks at him "Don't be like that....come on, Eat your dinner and you can have ice cream tonight"

James smiles wide and digs into his dinner. Hands his Dad the carrots, James hates them, Derrick helps eat them when Mel is not looking.

-----------------------

The next day, Mel laid next to him and he gets up, didn't get much sleep and goes downstairs. He grabs a card that Mel handed him, it had his Dad's number on it. He calls him, waits and finally the call was answered.

"hello?" Robert said, Derrick stays silent and finally speaks "it's Derrick, where do you want to meet and when?"

Robert answered quickly,"derrick...., I'm glad you've called!"

Derrick says again, "answer the question...."

Robert answers, "How about at my hotel? Tonight for dinner?"

Derrick agrees, "Let's see what bullshit you have to tell me, I know the hotel....I'll be there." Hangs up and looks round to see Mel, they hug and stand still.

--------------

Camden and Sophia agreed to look after James and derrick went with Mel to see his Dad. They were at the hotel restaurant first and waited for his father, who eventually arrived. Robert takes his seat, he smiles to Mel "glad to see you again...." He looks at his son, who is starring back " Yiu want me to just blurt everything out...?"

Derrick nods, "Yes" he wasn't in the mood to joke, he wouldn't be his normal self around him. Robert took a breathe," I was invovled with a woman...your mother found out, this woman was married to a....not so nice guy who would love to kill me, if he knew I was out" he laughed a bit.

Derrick also starts to laugh, Robert watches his son confused. Derrick looks at him,"must be proud because I did the same thing, the man whose wife I stole..kidnapped Melanie and almost raped her. Hilarious right?"

Robert looks at Derrick, who goes silent for him to carry on "I was working on a con...., your mother found out about the affair. She had me set up. "

Derrick looks at him, "then left...."

Robert nods,"So I heard..., Derrick I took for granted what I had. Your mother and I had a messed up relationship...but I was trying to provide for you. I am....everything you hd to go through....I'm sorry. I really want to be in your life. You got me through the hell of prison...I would do anything to convince you!"
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:57 pm

Of all of the information fighting to take up space in my brain, the man Robert wronged is floating around in it the most. Derrick and I are engaged to be married. We have a son. We have friends. Is this putting us in danger?

Before I can ask, the waiter appears, rattling off his name and asking us about refreshments. When he looks up from his notepad, it's obvious it was a bad time. Derrick is tense, Robert has gone quiet, and I'm nervous as all hell.

"Should I come back at a later time?"

"No!" I blurt out, forcing a smile on my face. "I'll have a water. Beer, Derrick? Robert?"

The men sullenly put in their orders, all of us settling on steaks, and the waiter hurries away. I clear my throat to get back to business.

"How about we take this slowly," I suggest. "More explaining before we get our hearts set on any one feeling." I nod toward Robert. "I hate to ask, but this man who may be after you... Should we be concerned?"
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:12 am

Derrick looks at his Dad, "either way it's not a concern..you wanted to talk to me and here I am. You must be very proud."

Robert nods,"I am proud...you turned your life around, I couldn't be happier. I would no have searched for you, if I thought your family was in any danger..."

"How thoughtful of you...." Derrick said, the drinks arrived.

Robert looks at his son,"what can I do? To show I'm sorry?"

"You can actually mean it..., I'm done." He finished his beer snd left the table, Robert looked at Mel "I'm sorry for wasting your time..., be good to him."
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:20 am

I'm lost as to what I can possibly say to remedy this situation. There's nothing that will take back all that Derrick lost while his father was sitting in prison. Part of me wishes Derrick would have been more open to what his father had to say - Derrick, too, had made bad choices growing up and had landed himself behind bars. There's no way to tell whether his father has truly changed without seeing it for himself, and that seems to be the last thing Derrick is interested in finding out.

I can't blame him, not at all, but my heart aches for the relationship lost. His mother is dead, his father has only just gotten back his freedom, and James has no one on his father's side of the family to meet. My own parents are still getting used to the idea of Derrick and me together; I can count on one hand the number of times they've met James. Still, though, I have Patricia. James has cousins. Aside from our small circle, Derrick has almost no one.

I stare back at Robert, speechless. I can only nod in return and take off after Derrick. He's nearly inside the car when I've caught up with him.

"Derrick!"

His hand on the car door, he stops but doesn't turn around. I sprint across the parking lot until I'm standing at his back. I place a hand on his shoulder, mindful of the fact that he's still spitting mad.

"I'm sorry. I know this is a lot. Tell me what I can do to help and I'll do it."
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:26 am

He looks at her, "How do I know he is really sorry? I don't know what to think..."
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:32 am

I reach for his hand and take it between my own, absently rubbing my thumb along his knuckles, feeling him squeeze my fingers in return. "Baby, I wish it were that easy," I tell him softly, giving him an apologetic smile. "There's no way to know what's going on in someone's head, and it's hard to open yourself up to forgiveness. Sometimes, though, you've got to take a leap of faith."
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:51 am

He kisses her and breaks off, "I can't...., anyways let's go do something fun. We have the night..., anything you want."

-----------------------
    It had soon been almost six weeks since derrick spoke to his Dad, it was early morning around 3am when the house phone rang. He opened his eyes, Melanie stirred beside him as he reached and answered the phone "What?"

"Is this Derrick Sommers?" Said serious voice on the phone, Derrick sat up and rubbed his eyes "Yes"

"I am calling from Riverside Memorial, We have your father here, he was in a serious car accident. He is not stables right now."

Derrick gets up and starts to get dressed real fast, "I'll be right there...." He hangs up and looks at Mel who is sitting up and looking at him, "My Father was in accident and I guess I'm his only contact...I have to go make an appearance at the hospital."

"I'll call you.." He kisses her and leaves. Moments later, he arrives and gets to where his Dad is, he's behind a curtain in critical care. He sees him, going Jo to his bedside. His eyes were closed and he was being tended too. As Derrick looked down at him, watching him...he was relieved he was still alive.
    Slowly he reached out and holds the mans hand, instantly letting go when he sees the doctor come in. The doctor informs him of the situation and eventually leaves. Derrick takes as eat next to the bed and watches him again.

Around 11am he calls Melanie like he promised and tells her no improvement yet. That he will be at the hospital most of the day. He spends his time getting lunch, reading car selling magazines. He was just viewing a car, when he heard a cough. He looks over and sees his Dad waking up, tossing the magazine and goes up to him,

Robert looks up and sees his son,"Derrick?" Who nods, "you need to relax...I'll tell the nurse you're awake."

Robert just nods and smiles slightly, Derrick leaves and soon comes back. The nurse checks his Dad, while they look at each other. Silence was all they needed. They knew their was peace between them.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:03 pm

Derrick arrives home a little later than expected, but the later the better, in my opinion. I'm hopeful that Robert will make it through okay and that they can finally catch up.

I spring to my feet when Derrick walks through the door, his favorite pasta heating up on the stove and filling the house with the aroma of Italian cheeses, peppers, and spices. He closes his eyes and breathes in for a moment while I take a step closer.

"So?" I ask. "How'd it go? Will he be okay?"
    Canadianmummy

Post  Canadianmummy Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:07 am

Derrick just kissed her and moved her on to the couch. Showing his appreciation in the best way he knew.

-----------

Next Sunday, he decided to go grab a beer with Camden and watch a football game. Mel wasn't a big fan of the sport, so hey went to a local sports bar.

Couple beers in, they were talking about all kinds of stuff. Camden was starting to become a really great friend. Camden looked at derrick, "So, what's new mate?"

Derrick shrugs,"shit with my dad, came back into my life....it's been interestin." Drinks his beer. Camden nods,"I get that, my old man wasn't the greatest...ran out on my mom, hit her. Wish I could kill him if I could."

Derrick looks at Camden, "I would feel the same...., is he dead?"

Camden shrugs,"haven't seen him since I was a teenager, back home."
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:08 am

"Beautiful fuckin' car, mate," Camden said, admiring the interior of Derrick's Audi A3. "I appreciate the ride. The missus is using my truck today for some errands."

Sophia's car had been in the shop since early that morning, having left it for a routine inspection. Derrick had been kind enough to drive Camden there to retrieve it. He was really starting to like Sommers, Mel, and James. After all the moving around Cam and his wife had been doing, it was nice to settle down somewhere after the birth of Emma and make some friends. He could count on these people. Above all, Camden liked having people he could trust. He was a man of considerable honor - he made good on his promises, and he gave what he was given tenfold. Unless, of course, that trust was broken. Then all bets were off.

They made it to the shop in minutes, and both men hopped out, finding a stocky twenty-something standing alone in the garage, wiping his hands on a beat up rag. Sophia's Lincoln was the only car left.

Cam walked up, hand extended. "Afternoon, mate. I'm Camden Reid, here to pick up my wife's Lincoln."

The man nodded and returned the shake. He looked like a mere child standing so close to Cam. Most men did. "Ah, yes, Sophia," the man replied. "I'm John. I fixed this baby up real nice for your lady."

Fixed? John tapped his palm against the Lincoln before striding across the garage, returning with a clipboard full of papers. He held it out for Cam to see. "I had to do some maintenance. Replaced the parts checked off here, here, and... here." As he spoke, his pudgy finger tapped the paper Cam was inspecting.

Cam gripped the clipboard in his fist and took a deep breath, his voice surprisingly steady when he replied. "This was a routine inspection, John. I hardly see a reason for replacing this, this, and... this." His finger, too, tapped the paper just as John had done.

John wasn't an idiot. He tensed, but his smile remained, though it faltered a bit. "It's really nothing, sir. It's just that with the make and model, some parts-"

"I know exactly the make and model," Camden cut in. "I'm not daft. And I know you didn't think to call my wife and check with her on this, because she would have called me. So tell me what this looks like, mate, because it looks to me like you're a goddamn con."

Derrick stepped up, too, peering down at the paper in Camden's hands. He crossed his arms, his gaze burning into John's. "That's exactly what it looks like, Cam," he said, and standing together with Camden, they were quite a threatening force. "He saw a woman drop off her car, thought he'd screw her over, and earn some easy money."

The mechanic's eyes were wide. "Look, if there's an issue, I can call my boss down here. The car is running like a beauty now. I didn't do a shitload of repairs here, guys. Really, you're overreact-"

Camden took the clipboard in both hands and brought it down over his knee, breaking it in two. Papers flew all around them as John took a few careful steps back. Camden stalked toward him. "Oh, you haven't seen me overreacting, John," he sneered. He pointed toward the Lincoln. "There was nothing wrong with the damn car. True or not?"

"I mean- technically-"

"Don't lie to me!" Camden's deep scream filled the small garage with the intensity of his words. He was serious now, barely keeping himself calm. "There was nothing wrong with my wife's car. True or not?"

John was damned near ready to piss himself. His back was pressed against the wall, his head rocking violently up and down. "True. There was nothing wrong, sir."

"So you saw a woman come in for an inspection and you took advantage of her, yeah? Is that the crux of the matter?"

Again, John nodded. "Yes, sir."

Derrick placed a hand on Camden's back. "Look, man. Talk it over. He knows he's in the wrong here."

Wise words, but not exactly words Cam wanted to heed. Dishonesty really rubbed him the wrong way. He relaxed his shoulders nonetheless and took a step back. "Here's the deal, John. I'm paying you for the inspection you and my wife agreed upon, and then I'm driving off."

That got the man going. He stepped forward, eyes crazy. "What are you saying? No, man, those were my parts! I need this thing paid in full!"

Camden was simply going to say too bad, but then the man's hand clamped down on his shoulder. He spun around faster than lightning and punched the man, sending him sprawling across the room. He landed hard, his back crashing against the garage wall, the sound like a gunshot. The stubborn man still tried to stand.

"You're not conning me, boy," Camden said, stepping closer.

"The money," John spat out, blood seeping through the fresh cut on his lip. It was starting to swell. "We can work something out. She needed those parts-"

John clipped the side of his jaw with another right hook, his left hand gripping the man's collar. "What did I say about lying?"

"Camden!" Derrick's voice came through to Cam loud and clear. "Come on, man."

He wasn't ready to leave. Not yet. When John uttered his next words, still going on about money and the tough economy, Camden snapped. He attacked, hitting the man across the face until his brow was split, his eye swelling shut, his lips rivaling that of a botched injection. One last punch, and the man was out cold.

Camden snatched the rag from John's breast pocket and wiped his knuckles clean of blood. Then, reaching into his jeans, he withdrew his wallet. He pulled out a wad of change, counted it, and then dropped it onto the man's lifeless chest.

"What I owe for the inspection," he murmured. Then he turned, rolling his neck around on his shoulders to relieve the tension. He felt ten pounds lighter.

"What a fucking wanker," he said, stepping up to Derrick as he straightened his clothes. "I hate liars." He slapped a hand on Derrick's shoulder. "Sorry about that, mate. I appreciate the ride. Hey, call me when you're free and I'll buy you a pint."

Without another word, he turned on his heels and climbed inside Sophia's Lincoln, taking off toward his home.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:14 am