The Vampire Diaries

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Vampire Diaries

A forum set up for discussion on the hit CW show The Vampire Diaries.

2 posters

An Illicit Attraction: A Roleplay

PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

An Illicit Attraction: A Roleplay - Page 12 Empty Re: An Illicit Attraction: A Roleplay

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:33 am

Kara sighed. She pressed the button down again, harder this time. "I know what you're going to say. But fine."

Here came the lecture. She buzzed Selene in and stood back to stare at the door.
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

An Illicit Attraction: A Roleplay - Page 12 Empty Re: An Illicit Attraction: A Roleplay

Post  Sharon Salvatore Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:44 am

Selene made her way up to the right floor and finally knocked, Kara opened it and invited her inside. Selene was in a gray tank top and jeans, with cute flip flop sandals. She figured L.A.? might as well wear sandals.

She was invited to sit down and Kara offered her some iced tea, "You really are from Texas..." Kara looked at her confused, "I spoke to your brother, long story but I will get right to the point...Hayden wants to see you."
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:50 am

Kara fell silent. "Yeah. Yeah, I know he does."

She decided not to ask about what had gone down with her brother. She didn't want to know.

"Look, I know he feels bad. He was stupid and he made a mistake. And yeah, I know I have to see him. I love him. But I'm still angry. Alright? He'll still be in jail, and I'll be raising our baby alone."

But she was talking to Selene, who was a single mother herself. She noticed her mistake, but didn't correct herself. There was no point. Quietly sipping her tea, and sank down on the kitchen stool. "I'll see him this week. Happy?"
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:54 am

She looks at him,"No one would understand more than me, if you moved on..met someone else. He would see that too. He feels terrible for what he did and I want to stand behind him, and be on his side...but yes, I did raise a child on my own..."

She looks at her, "If you ever have any questions or need help,you can always call me."
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:56 am

Kara nodded. Felt vindicated somehow. Managing a small smile, she looked up at Selene. "Thanks. Hey, uh... How's your mom? I've been worried about her. I'm sorry, I should have called."
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:59 am

Selene gave a nod, "She's fine now, was worried there for a bit..but she doesn't know anything about Hayden, that he's in prison right now. I would appreciate if you kept that quiet as well."

She stood up, looking at her "Thanks for agreeing to see me, it was his big request I come talk to you."

She left, simple as that.

------------------------------------------------------------------

It was now 20 minutes outside Kara's building, Selene had been trying to start her car. It wasn't moving. She yelled out, swore, so frustrated she finally leaned her forehead into the top of the steering wheel.

Tears of frustration down her face. How was she going to get home? Was all that went through her mind.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:14 am

What Garrett's jamming to:

Whatever fast food was, this hadn't been, but Garrett had been reimbursed well for his wait this time. Complimentary chocolate chunk cookies from some blushing, blond woman at the counter. How easily he could have gotten her number. The weirdest part was that he'd never even asked.

Women. Too much trouble.

As he ate his roast beef sandwich behind the wheel, Garrett drove aimlessly around. He wasn't sure where he was going or what he was doing, but the shop was killing what was left of his sanity, and he needed a drive. Pantera blared through his speakers, vibrating every inch of the car around him. Yeah, this was good. He turned the volume up a little higher, then glanced up to find a car on the side of the road. One he'd seen before. And a woman stood leaning against it, her head down, looking sad. She was pooched. And also familiar.

Yeah, he recognized that ass from anywhere, even flattened against a side door. And the hair. Yes, this was his firecracker. The one who drove him so mad, and yet now, seeing her, the only thing he could do was grin.

He stopped the car and shut off the engine, sandwich still in hand. She looked up, studied him for a split second, and then scowled.

"If it isn't the leader of the Garrett O'Byrne fan club," he smiled, ignoring her animosity altogether. "I'd have a look, but you know me. Selfish, heartless hypocrite and all."
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:24 am

Selene looks at him, through her rolled down window. "I'm sorry ...are you expecting me to disagree with that statement?"
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:28 am

Garrett grinned. "If I ain't mistaken, you don't know many people in L.A., so you're either gonna stay pooched or you're gonna let me take a look at it. Course, I ain't the mechanic, so you might want me to drive you where you're headed."

He pointed back to his car. "Food place fucked up my order and gave me complimentary cookies. You know what they say. Strangers have the best candy."
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:31 am

Selene looks at him, then away. She hated having to rely on a man, he started to walk off and sighs, "Okay, I need your help, fix it...or take it to your shop, whatever you have to do."
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:36 am

Garrett smiled, secretly happy she'd acquiesced. He nodded towards her car. "I'll call JohnBoy and have him haul it in. Ain't much we can do to fix it here, I'm guessing."

He also didn't want to tinker around in the hood wearing what he was wearing. He also wasn't finished eating. He also didn't want to fix her car so soon. He wanted to give her a ride. Maybe annoy her a bit.

Or let her reach in and wrench his heart out again. It all added up to something better than being alone with his thoughts.

He walked back to his car and opened the passenger side door for Selene to get in. "After you, m'lady."
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:38 am

Selene just got into his car,"You know your sister lives here, right?"
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:42 am

Garrett nodded. "I do. I have ways of finding out things. I also have ways of making people cut me out of their lives for the foreseeable future, so no, I haven't been."

He closed the door gently and walked back around to his side. He immediately reached for the bag of food. She probably hadn't eaten. "There's an extra roast beef in there. Or, we got this."

He pulled out the bag of cookies he'd been given. "Figure you might be hungry."
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:44 am

She looks at him, evil smirk and takes the cookies. "Considering you probably did a hard days work, to get these cookies, I will just help myself and you don't get one."

She eats the cookies.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:56 am

Garrett caught a few side glances at Selene as she ate. Well, she was a typical woman in one way: she liked chocolate.

He cast her a grin, because what the hell. She'd be headed back to Arizona soon, anyway. Might as well try to keep things light. "Where to, miss?"
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:59 am

Selene sighed, "My motel I guess...not like I can go on tours of Hollywood and see where Justin Timberlake takes a dump."

She looks at his face expression, "Sorry, do L.A. girls not talk like that? Okay,I will re-word that, please drive me to the motel I am staying at, I am too distracted by your muscles to think straight." She said, with sarcasm.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:04 am

Garrett almost choked on his sandwich. This woman was refreshing. She wasn't trying too hard like most girls. Most girls knew he had money. Most girls thought a little sex would get them a cut of it. Most girls were dead wrong.

Selene was different. She hated his wealth. He liked that.

"I knew you liked the muscles," he jabbed, flexing a bicep in the air between them. "Maybe I can get you alone and show you how I bounce my pecs. It's glorious."

Then, serious again, he shrugged. "Shame you didn't come here to enjoy Los Angeles. I could show you around. I took a day off. I know tons of places."
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:07 am

"I'm sure you do, point out all your selling spots." She says,"Show me the hotel you had Hayden framed at, yes, great sighting."

She looks at him, "How am I supposed to talk to you, like none of that happened? You have your pride and you messed with my brother, yes cousin but he may as well be a brother. We're both way to prideful to see past that, motel is where I should go."
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:10 am

Garrett sighed. Jesus, this woman. He gripped the steering wheel and nodded. "I guess I should respect that."

He put the car in gear and drove in the direction of her motel. No talking. No trips. Got it. But the longer he drove, the more incensed he got. No, Garrett was a man to get what he wanted. If he wanted to humor the woman and show her L.A. and make sure she had a good time, he'd damned well do it. Here she was eating his cookies, accepting his help, then demeaning him and he'd simply accepted it?

Hell fucking no.

Garrett turned a corner and drove straight. "Never mind," he cut her off before she could protest. "I'd respect your wishes but they're too damned stupid for that. You wanna see L.A., you're gonna see L.A."

Selene glared at him. "Excuse me?"

The Hollywood sign wasn't too far off. Wasn't that what everyone wanted to see when they were visiting? He could think of more interesting shit, but he'd been here for years. What to do next? Drive by Universal Studios? Griffith Park? A concert? Museums? No. Museums were boring. Lost in thought, he simply pointed. The sign was coming into view.

"I'm gonna stop the car there and you're gonna get out and gawk like a good little tourist. Maybe snap some pictures. Then I'll take you to some shops, some parks, and wherever else I feel like taking you, until you learn to enjoy it."

The ice in Selene's gaze was enough to freeze a man. But Garrett had his resolve. He was doing this. "So, kidnapping then? That's it?"

Garrett pulled up as close he could for a great view, then shut off the engine. "You're damn right, doll. Big, bad mobster man is forcing you to enjoy your trip to L.A. Now, get out."
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:24 am

Selene gets out of the car and goes around to him,"No, this is you not being able to control the situation. I say and do something you don't like. Let me guess, I am the first woman to not be blind sighted and stupid to want to spend time with a man like you. You think you're so charming and sexy...and..."

She stopped, seeing where they were. How you could see the whole city. It was quite amazing but it was tough for her to admit it, "What's your plan Casanova? Wooo the out of town girl? For what purpose?" She looks back at him, he really wanted to impress her.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:35 am

Garrett sidled alongside the car's edges until he was closer. "Does there gotta be a purpose?" He looked up at the Hollywood sign himself and leaned back against the hood. "I think you're hot, sure. Smart. Frankly you scare the shit out of me sometimes, and I like that. That don't just happen. Not with me."

Really, who else challenged him? Kara, yes. Hayden, sometimes. Everyone else? No. They joked, but if they pushed it, he'd let them know. And they'd stop. He wanted someone to keep pushing. He liked the fight, the tug-of-war of emotions in relationships like that. No one wanted mindless minions. Or, at least Garrett didn't.
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:36 am

Selene looks at him,"And is that something you like? People being afraid of you? What has it really gotten you? A sister who won't talk to you."
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:40 am

Garrett narrowed his eyes. "You really don't get it, do you? I need people to be scared of me. My boys, they do what I need them to do. I don't make 'em. They just do. And the people I sell to? If they're not scared, they don't pay up."

He turned on her, his chest inches from hers. "But the people I want to know, really know? No. I don't want you scared of me. I never wanted Kara scared of me. I wish she'd talked to me. I thought she would."

Knowing he was getting too deep for this enjoy L.A. mission, he turned back around and shook his head. "I kidnapped you to enjoy this stupid sign, not backtalk me."
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:43 am

Selene looks at him,"Again proving my point, you can't force people into how they should feel Garrett. It's not how it works, I think..part of you is a nice guy and it feels like a waste, this life you chose. You could have done great things, you chose the easy path. I get it, you had to provide a good life for Kara but she's grown up now, she found someone else to take care of her...so why do you still do it?"

"If you want me to have fun, then be real." She says, looking at him.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:51 am

Garrett shook his head. "This ain't a life you just get out of, Selene. It's not so simple. Hell, I wish it was. I got more money than I know what to do with, and the only family I got left hates me. You think I enjoy that, then you ain't as smart as I thought you were."

He stood up and smoothed his jeans. "I'll be real. Hell, I'm trying to be. It's kind of hard, what with all the talk of business you keep bringing up." He nodded towards the car. "No talk of business. Hm? You can find other ways to antagonize me, but leave the other shit out. I'm sure you've got a list a mile wide of jabs about me that don't even revolve around drugs and money, so start with that."

He opened her door for her once again. "Come on, captive. Let's have some fun."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:38 am