The Vampire Diaries

A forum set up for discussion on the hit CW show The Vampire Diaries.

The Highest Stakes

PuppyWithATutu

Re: The Highest Stakes

Post  PuppyWithATutu on Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:54 pm

Kira stood before Julian could move and turned to Tyler. "The melodramatics aren't helping. There's plenty to being a vampire that you've just not learned yet. And there's more to Julian's words than just the fact that your self control won't be at its best. The people we rescued you from will be after you. They know there's nothing worse than a vampire getting free. He'll be vengeful. And with them after you, you don't need anyone you knew as a human knowing where you are."

Julian raised his glass and gave her a wink. "Just when I was starting to think the lady would disagree with everything I say."

Kira ignored him. "I'll take you to buy some clothes and other necessities. You're not so much a prisoner here as we are cautious. But if you try to escape, that room of yours will be the only thing you'll be seeing for a long time."
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore on Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:56 pm

Tyler looks at her,"Just as long as you know how crazy this is and how crazy you sound!"
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu on Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:04 pm

Julian's hands clenched around his glass and his expression turned murderous. "She saved your life. You will not show her disrespect!"

Kira shook her head. "It's fine, Julian. It is crazy. This life for us is crazy." She returned her gaze to Tyler. "It wasn't always like this. With the humans. But we do what we can and we survive. We fight. If you can't handle what you've been given, go ahead and get killed. But if you want to go on, you're playing this our way."
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore on Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:05 pm

Tyler looks at her, "I just...,want to be alone." He walks off and goes back to his room.
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu on Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:58 am

Kira held up a hand before Julian could form a word in response. With a shrug, he went back to pouring his scotch and shaking his head in silence.
    -------

Kira turned to Julian an hour later, fresh from the shower as she pawed through the closet for an outfit. "I'm taking him out."

"Negative."

Kira spun around and raised a brow. "No?"

Julian nodded. "Nein. No. Non. Ne. Neh. Den. Nej. How many languages shall I try with you before you comprehend an order?"

"About as many languages as it takes for me to tell you to go fuck yourself?" she guessed.

He snorted and buried his face back in the book he was reading. "You were never this pissy before you found yourself that pathetic project of yours to fill your time."

Kira pulled out a dress, skin-tight black satin, and modeled it before the mirror. That one should do. "Yes, I was."

"Oh, right. You were. And only you dare try and disobey me."

She let her robe fall to the floor and stepped into the dress. "Zip me."

Julian smirked. "I can think of more fun to be had without it on."

She met his stare dead on. "Perhaps I'll ask Tyler."

His answering snarl was all it took. He beckoned her forward and she positioned herself in front of him as his fingers idled along her spine, sweeping up her skin in smooth, delicate strokes. "If he escapes, love..."

"Give me a little credit," she growled. "He needs clothing. He needs his things."

"He needs a lot more than that," Julian murmured, but when she shook her shoulders to grab his attention, he zipped up the back of her dress and returned to his book. "Do what you wish, Kira. If anything happens, it falls on you."

Kira turned and ran a hand through his hair. "You trust me."

Julian scowled. "Worryingly so."

She spun on her heel and was not a step away from the door when his voice stalled her escape. "If he tries anything, by the way, he'll see a death far more torturous than those humans of his could have imagined."

Kira's mouth tipped up at the end as her fingers pressed against the flat of the door. "I'd expect nothing less from my master."

Julian snorted. "You're a lousy submissive."

Kira thought for a moment, and in less than second, she was at his side. She leaned over the bed and pressed her lips to his. The kiss was shortlived, but it was passionate. It was all she needed to convey in thanks. It was something she rarely gave and something that made the message all the more meaningful when received. "Yet I'm yours," she whispered.

The reluctance in his eyes turned into something darker, something hungry and lustful, when his green eyes lingered on her lips. "Mine," he growled.
    -------

Kira stood outside Julian's door and smoothed her dress down her legs, idling a moment before walking in. Tyler lay across his bed, his gaze on the ceiling above, his arms crossed above his chest. He didn't turn to acknowledge her when she stepped forward.

"The pity party is over," she said, nudging the tip of his boot. "We're going out."

Last edited by PuppyWithATutu on Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore on Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:01 am

Tyler looks at her,"Thought I wasn't allowed outside? Not till your scary boyfriend gives the order it's okay?"
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu on Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:08 am

Kira scoffed. "The only command I heed is his, but that doesn't mean he rules me. He doesn't like it and I don't care."

When he didn't make a move to rise from the bed, she yanked his pillow out from beneath his head. "You need some air. I'm giving it to you. Get up."
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore on Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:18 am

He gives up and follows her out to a garage, which has a lot of nice cars in it. He eyes them like a kid in a candy store, when she finally stops at a Maserati, she tosses him the keys, catching them and looks at her astonished, "You're letting me drive..?"

She smiles and they get in, he feels the powerful wheel in his hands. He looks again to her, "Look..I have clothes, I have my own things back at my apartment. Can't I just get them? If my girlfriend is there, we don't have to go in?"
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu on Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:23 am

Kira considered it. Then, she nodded. "All right. I'll scope it out first. I won't take any chances."

He revved up the engine, his once haunted eyes lighting up like a child's on Christmas morning, and Kira couldn't help but find it humorous. The joy people found in the smallest of things.

"Take a left once we're down the hill. It'll be a while before we're anywhere you'd recognize."
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore on Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:27 am

He does as she says and zooms off, what a car. He drives and actually enjoys himself for the first time since this all happened, after while he comes up to his apartment complex and stops the car. He is about to get out, when she leans over him and their faces are close.

She locks his door and gets out on her side, to scope out like she promised.
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu on Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:37 am

Once Tyler gave Kira the number to his apartment, she made her way up the stairs and scoped the hallways. It was pretty late. Most were asleep. She idled outside the door for a moment, listening in. She made out no heartbeats or any signs of a human dwelling within. Satisfied, she leaned over the railing and waved her hand toward the Maserati, where Tyler sat in wait.

Soon, they were walking inside. It was an ordinary place. Books littered the kitchen table. A bag of chips lay on the kitchen counter and a vase of wilted flowers stood at its side. Anya was no botanist, it seemed.

When she heard Tyler's slow footsteps entering a different room in the apartment, her curiosity made her follow. He stood at the doorway for a moment, taking in life as he'd once known it in this small living space, and then he heaved a sigh and stepped inside. Kira chewed on her lip and bounced inside, letting her fingers trail along the random items she saw. A beanie baby sat on one end, a stuffed giraffe with beady black eyes, and on the other end she was faced with posters of heavy metal bands and video game logos. She scanned the array of DVDs in a stack beside the bed. Tyler liked his horror films. The irony was hard to miss.

When Tyler retrieved a duffel bag from beneath the bed, Kira began reaching into the dresser drawers to help. The less time they took here, the better. She smirked when she saw a box of condoms beneath a pile of boxers and couldn't resist holding it up to him.

"I've found you a bright side to eternal life," she quipped. "You'll never need these again."
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore on Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:42 am

Tyler looks at what she is holding, "Really?" Kira nods, adding a smirk with it. "So, is everything else true...holy water? Garlic bad?"

He sets some clothes in the bag, trying to ignore anything else around him.
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu on Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:55 am

Kira snorted. "Holy water is bullshit. Garlic does nothing more than make you an undesirable kisser." She picked up a framed photograph of Tyler and a blond who could only be his girlfriend standing together, his arm around her, their grins wide. She put it back down and turned it away from her.

"As you know, we can see our reflections. We also don't sleep in coffins. Julian has a crucifix in his study because he finds it funny. Couldn't do it without defacing Jesus, of course. He added gilded fangs."

She tossed a handful of boxers into his duffel bag and a couple tees while he tossed some jeans into the mix. Tyler was one of few belongings, it was evident.

She let her eyes roam the room until they fell upon the picture again. "Speaking of vampire stereotypes, we shouldn't have been able to get inside here just now," she added. "Was the place solely in your name when you died or did your girlfriend leave?"
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore on Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:38 am

Tyler looks at her, finished packing finally "It is in hers, considering she is German and from here." He looks at the photo, picking it up and puts it in his bag as well, "Why do you ask anyways?"
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu on Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:49 am

Kira wandered across the room to where the photograph sat and spun it around to face him. "If she were a living resident and owner of this apartment, we'd have been prevented from coming inside," she stated. "Yet, we weren't. I thought I'd humor you and see what would happen if we tried to enter."

She picked up the frame and peered down at it again. "Either she's moved and no longer owns it, or you did, or something happened." She didn't want to bring up Anya's death as an option, but she was curious. She looked into his eyes. "Why would she leave without looking for you?"
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore on Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:52 am

Tyler looks at her,"Are you saying...she could be dead? We have to find her, last time I saw her was after I turned and I, kind of...bit her."
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu on Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:59 am

Kira's grip tightened on the photograph and the glass cracked. "You bit her." She shook her head. "That makes no sense. What stopped you? And don't tell me it was the strength of your love for her because you're new."

She looked around the room again. The dresser drawers had been empty but for a few blouses and socks. The flowers in the kitchen had been dead. The refrigerator had held nothing but a case of beer and sandwich meats and used dishes were piled in the sink. This wasn't a place any human was currently living in. This place was abandoned.
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore on Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:10 am

Tyler looks at her,"I had no idea what was happening to me, I was compelled...is what the vampire said who did this to me, I came back to Anya and I could smell this cut on her hand. I bit her and then next thing I knew, I was in that lab!"
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu on Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:20 am

Kira's brow lifted. "Compelled. You were brainwashed. Hypnotized. That's what the vampire meant. We all have the ability." Tyler couldn't catch a break, it seemed. He'd just recently been turned. He'd likely returned to Anya, undoubtedly confused, and his hunger had gotten the best of him. Some time after that, he'd been ambushed like the others in their clan and imprisoned. No wonder he didn't know anything.

"My guess is that Anya freaked out and left. If she were dead, I believe someone would know. It doesn't appear that anyone dropped by to look for her."

And Kira didn't want to look for her, either. She'd come to help gather his belongings, not go on some impossible mission. She turned and gestured to his bag. "We should leave."
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore on Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:22 am

Tyler looks at her, "Then I want a favor from you, I am sure you could find her...not me, just you. I know you want to help me, I am like a lost puppy in your eyes and you can't deny that either."
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu on Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:25 am

Kira's eyes narrowed at Tyler. "Lost puppies aren't so annoying. I owe you nothing." She spun on her heel and walked toward the door. "We're leaving. Now."
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore on Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:28 am

He follows her out, she doesn't seem the type to challenge. They walk out of the building and he puts his bag in a trunk, when a friend comes up and saying his name, "Tyler..."

He looks round, seeing his buddy Aaron. Aaron looks at him,"Where have you been? Everyone is really worried about you...,Anya moved in with us. Who is this? Are you cheating on her? Not cool bro."
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu on Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:33 am

Kira glanced sideways at Tyler. "Well, there you have it. Your lover's whereabouts." She turned back to the fuming boy who stood before them and stepped forward. With one look, the fury in his gaze turned to a blank and dreamlike blue. He went still.

"Has this Anya said anything about what happened?" she probed.
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore on Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:35 am

Tyler looked at her,"What are you doing...?" She clearly ignores him. Aaron looks at her, "She just said...Tyler was different, scared her and had to leave."

Tyler looks at his buddy, sad for what he must have put Anya through.
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu on Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:41 am

Kira didn't have to look back at Tyler to see the heartbreak contorting his features. It was there, palpable in the air around her. They needed to get back and get back soon. It was best Anya never see Tyler again, and if he didn't quite know it yet, he eventually would.

"Thank you," she told the boy. He nodded mutely, still lost in the trance she'd put him in. "Now go back to whatever you were doing. You never saw us tonight."

He nodded again, and without even a glance in Tyler's direction, he turned and started walking back the way he'd come. Kira said nothing and simply lowered herself into the car, waiting for Tyler to join her.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:54 pm