The Vampire Diaries

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Vampire Diaries

A forum set up for discussion on the hit CW show The Vampire Diaries.

2 posters

The Highest Stakes

Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

The Highest Stakes - Page 9 Empty Re: The Highest Stakes

Post  Sharon Salvatore Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:00 am

Tyler looks round at her, "I can't stay there because of you." He admits, "I more than like you Kira, how can I not? And I get it, I know...Julian, he's also scary. I am going to slip one of these days and he's going to notice."

He looks at her, "I want you and I can't change that..."
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:06 am

Kira felt her skin turning to ice, and she knew it had nothing to do with the chill in the air. "You don't," she said dismissively with a shake of her head. "You hardly know me. My story, what I've done. I'm the first person to show you some remnant of kindness since you died and you've latched onto that."

No matter how much she thought she meant her words, it was evident then in Tyler's eyes that he'd meant what he'd said. Every word. She lowered her gaze to the ground.

"Tyler, this is suicide."
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:47 am

Tyler looks at her, "I will be fine, again I am not your responsibility. Just let me go and don't follow me."

He turns back around and gets in his car, drives off, not looking back.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tyler made his way through Germany, he eventually sold the car. It was months later, till he arrived in Paris. He had a few slip ups but he did his best to cover it up.

Paris was amazing, he truly felt at home. The women were beautiful and the city was full of life, music and of course lots of wine.

One evening, he was at a cafe outside with a beautiful woman. She excused herself to use the ladies room and he sat back, drinking his wine. A cigarette in the other, when suddenly he took a sharp look to his side and made out a human down the street, the human was staring at him.

Tyler casually got up and laid down some money for the bill, put out his cigarette and headed down the street. As he walked, he would look back at notice the human still watching and starting to walk as well.

He sped up faster, moving quickly through the crowds of people. The human started to move faster as well, till he was chasing him. Tyler eventually had enough and was prepared to fight, he led the human down an alley.

Tyler waited for the human to show but suddenly he was hit from behind, a stake in his back as he fell to the ground. He gasped as it was inches from his heart and fell to the ground, another human jumped in front of him, kneeing him in the face and fell to the ground.

Tyler moved to attack but he was shot down again, the other human who was chasing him had caught up now. The one who attacked him first, took out another stake and was about to end Tyler for good but soon gasped himself, he fell over dead. Behind him was a man, stylish in a black leather jacket and holding a heart in his hand.

The other human was about to attack, but the man grabbed him and snapped his neck. He tossed him to the ground, bending down to Tyler and took the stake out of his back. He helped the kid up and they both look at each other.

Tyler finally speaks, "Who are you?"

The man flattened out his jacket, making sure it was clean and no blood had gotten on it. He looked at Tyler, "Well, I am the bad ass who just saved your undead life. I think you owe me a pint?"

Tyler looks at him, "And I should just call you the guy I bought a pint for?"

The man chuckled,"You can call me Felix..." Tyler noticed an Irish accent, the man walked off as Tyler stood still.

He looked back,"Come on mate...I'm thirsty."

They headed out of the alley and to a pub, taking a seat at the bar area. "You just left those guys..."

Felix nodded, "Not my mess to clean up...,what's your name kid?"

They ordered their beers and after taking a drink, "Tyler..."

Felix drank his own, "I have seen you around the streets Tyler, too bad you left your lady at the cafe. She was a looker."

Tyler nodded in agreement, "Yeah...doubt she'll talk to me again."

Felix looks at him,"You grow attachments to them?"

Tyler was drinking more of his beer, then answers "Well yeah, I don't just see them as a meal."

Felix looks at the kid,"You're still very new..."

"It's that obvious?" the kid replied.

Felix smirked, "We can fix that."
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:37 am

"How much shampoo does a woman need?" Julian mused as he pawed through the purchases Kira had made from a boutique on the way home.

Kira fiddled with the stations on the satellite radio until she found one she liked. The sounds of the German rock band Oomph! blared through the speakers. "How much hair gel does a man need?" she countered.

Julian chortled. "Touche." He frowned at the speakers as if they had offended him. "Since when do you listen to music?"

Kira pursed her lips. If she were being honest, she'd tell him that she'd been slowly but surely learning to get back into the music world ever since Tyler had come into their lives and left. She'd been under the impression that all music had gone to shit after the nineteen-forties. She was still mostly correct, but there were a few she seemed to like, namely the stuff Tyler had introduced her to. Five years he'd been gone and she still couldn't ride in silence the way she used to.

"A few years," she answered. "I'm getting into it again."

He made a noise of satisfaction. "While this is particularly vile, I much prefer it to you blaring Billie Holiday on repeat."

Kira looked to where he sat in the driver's side of his Maserati and issued him a glare. "Never diss Billie Holiday." Julian chuckled in response, the sound of his laughter soon cut off by the beeping of her cell phone. She withdrew it from her pocket and answered.

"Abel."

"Kira!"

She heard the sounds of people in the background. Screams, to be exact. Explosions and gunfire and grunts from a struggle. Many struggles. She sat up straighter in her seat. "Abel? What's going on?"

Julian stiffened at her side, having heard the same things she had. "Kira, you and Julian need to get the fuck back here now. The humans fucking stormed the place. Shit, they've got their military on it now."

A cold feeling settled over her, chilling her from the inside out. "We're right there." She turned toward Julian, whose eyes had gone from light and jovial to murderous in a nanosecond. He floored the gas and they got out just as Julian turned the corner toward their driveway. They ran the rest of the way, finding half of the castle up in flames. Hordes of men in uniform were pacing along the outside, shooting grenades, firing aimlessly into their home.

The two shared a quick glance, their expressions telling each other more than words could ever say, and Julian gave her arm a squeeze. Together they rushed into the madness to save what was left of their group.

Kira carried Maria out beneath her arm, the small vampire's pale skin smudged with debris and ash, her clothing smeared with blood. Julian aided two others out, and she made them out to be Juan and Alexa. Morgan emerged next, dashing into the vast acres of trees behind the mansion, knowing better than anyone that it would be useless to try a fair fight with the humans. They were outnumbered and outgunned. She'd seen two of her own die before her eyes, two she hadn't gotten to in time before they'd gotten stakes blown through their hearts, and she didn't intend on seeing any more.

Kira and Julian took down any humans they could upon their exit, Abel helping even as his body was riddled with stakes, until almost all of them made it to the safety of the woods.

They ran, a good fifteen of them left that Kira could count, and made it far enough away to rest. Julian dropped his two vampires onto the ground and turned to Kira, shaking with rage. "How many?"

Kira shook her head, overwhelmed by the destruction surrounding her. They'd been so well hidden. They'd been too confident to think the humans would risk it. She hadn't planned on the government sending their own military out to combat their race. "Two that I saw."

"Erin and Dominic," Abel volunteered. "Marguerite, too."

The anguish on Julian's face was evident. The anger morphed into silent devastation before her eyes. "Fucking Christ."

Kira ached to step forward, to embrace him, but Julian wasn't like most others. He didn't want comfort. He wanted revenge. He ran a hand through his hair and tugged at the roots, and then his body lost its fight. He dropped to his knees on the ground and leaned forward, and no one said a word upon seeing their fearless leader, for once, breaking down. His grief, all of their grief, had been more than earned.

Somehow, Kira kept a clear head. Someone needed to get them away before more lives were lost. And wherever that place may be, it wasn't anywhere inside Germany.

She backed away from the group and pulled out her cell phone. The ringing halted after only a moment, and a familiar voice greeted her.

"Felix," she breathed. "It's Kira. I've a favor to ask you."
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:52 am

5 years had gone by since Tyler moved into Felix's place, who admitted he had a covenant too. There was a couple other vampires in the house but not as much like Julians. Tyler declined, not wanting to be controlled or told what to do but Felix made sure the kid knew it would not be like that.

It was nothing like at Julian's. Felix loved a good party and there was one every night. Women all the time, whenever you wanted. Tyler learned the idea of sharing but Felix was also teaching him how to enjoy, how to seduce, how to explore what being a vampire was all about.

It gave Tyler confidence, something he didn't have a lot of as a human. He was always self-conscious or unsure of himself, like any young guy would. Felix encouraged he become someone different, forget about that Tyler, that Tyler is dead.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tyler was just walking into the kitchen, a woman stood with her wrist exposed and he took a bite into it. After he was full, Felix came in and also drank some, he then looks at Tyler, "So, your best friend is coming to visit for a few days..."

Tyler was grabbing a beer from the fridge,"Whose my best friend exactly?"

Felix smirked,"Julian...,bad attack on their mansion. Not safe for them, I recommended they come here."

Tyler looks at Felix, his mind on Kira and hoping she was okay.

"Should be fun..." Tyler concluded, with a hint of sarcasm. Felix laughed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The next week, 18 vampires were moving in and soon they all were seated in a big room. Felix at the head of the table, Tyler finally walked in and looked around, he spotted Kira but next to her Julian, who set his eyes on Tyler as well.

Felix finally speaks,"Welcome, please...feel free to stay as long as you need to me. It's one big party and you know how I love throwing one of those. When we have recovered, the discussion on destroying the humans...will take place and we will destroy them."

Vampires are all around cheered, Alexa also noticed Tyler but was jealous, as a woman was leaning into him and whispering a couple things. He would laugh.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:05 pm

Kira eyed Tyler from across the table, wanting more than anything to speak with him in private, to let him know how glad she was that he'd made it alone, and better yet, had survived that way. She'd been so sure he'd be outnumbered by the humans, that no one would be there to help him. Now more than ever, she was grateful for Felix. Perhaps things hadn't ended well with Tyler, but he was a good friend. She cared for him more than she wanted to.

He was doing well for himself, too, so it seemed. He'd changed his entire look. The air about him was even different, how he held himself, how he moved and spoke. When he'd left, he'd left the old Tyler behind for good. The confidence suited him. And he seemed... happy.

"Kira?"

Kira jerked her gaze up to meet Felix's, and his gaze softened when their eyes met. Julian was despondent, having chosen silence since the night of the attack. No matter anyone's efforts to placate him, he remained stone-faced, vowing never again to show the same emotions he'd let out that night. Now there remained only anger as he fought an eternal war within, himself being the bigger enemy than the humans who had destroyed his home and taken his friends. She knew that he blamed himself for ever having left the mansion. She could contradict him all she wanted, but in his near catatonic state, she feared those would be just the words to break him out of it. And as terrifying as his silence seemed, his rage would top it all when he decided to fully release it. Kira took a look around the table and knew she wasn't the only vampire in their clan playing it safe around him. They spoke not a word.

"Forgive me," Kira said with a shake of her head, returning Felix's questioning stare with an apologetic grimace. She shrank into her seat, feeling the weight of Tyler's gaze upon her. "I confess I'm a little... drained."
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:10 pm

After a couple hours, Tyler was in a game room. It had a pool table, all kinds of things. Kira seemed to have found him, Tyler was playing with the woman whom he was talking to. He asks her to leave and she does out of respect.

He looks at Kira, setting the pool stick down. Both had no idea what to say, when finally he said "I was sorry to hear about what happened, I am glad you're okay."
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:15 pm

Kira nodded, her gaze falling to the expensive tiling beneath her feet. She dropped onto the nearest sofa and folded her hands in her lap. "Yeah. I mean, thanks." She let out a shaky breath and leaned back against the cushions, allowing herself rest for the first time in nearly three days. Every part of her ached. She was so tired. She'd been tired for centuries too long.

"We lost five that we counted," she offered, feeling as if Tyler should know for some strange reason. "The government has the military involved now. They got past the motion sensors outside the gate by drilling underneath. Julian and I, we... we weren't even there. Not until it was too late."
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:17 pm

Tyler looked at the woman before him, the woman who he always saw as strong and tough.

He couldn't help but sit next to her, looks at her "It's not your fault, you know that right?"
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:25 pm

Kira nodded. "I know." That wasn't particularly honest, she realized. She had been blaming herself. She was second in command. She was the one they trusted to help them fight. She and Julian were among the oldest and most trained. She couldn't help but think that if she'd skipped on a trip away from home, the five they'd lost would have been down to a much more bearable number. One less, at least, and damned if that didn't sound like it would help. One less among the casualty list. One less friend's life on her conscience.

"We picked a place in the middle of nowhere, Tyler. We had gates and cameras and security. We'd settled in and we'd tricked ourselves into believing we were safe to settle down." She leaned forward and ran her hands down her face, her elbows resting on her knees. "We should have reinforced those sensors. Set up more beyond that point, not to mention concrete to hinder their drilling. Had someone on watch..."

She shook her head. "To think I called you an idiot for leaving. You actually did the smartest thing. You did what we were too confident and too fucking stupid to do."
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:27 pm

Tyler looks at her, "You are a great fighter Kira, you saved my life..more times than I can count."

She just seems to nod, he moves a piece of hair from her face. This woman, who brought out his humanity, he looked at her more "We will get them for this, for everything they have done."
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:38 pm

Kira looked back at Tyler, at the boy -no, the man- she knew had feelings for her, and yet she couldn't get up and walk away. To do that would take far more strength than she had at the moment. She couldn't very well speak the same words to Julian that she'd spoken to Tyler, and everyone else expected her to be strong. So far she wasn't breaking, but she knew it was coming.

The feel of his knuckles brushing across her cheek as he tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, the gentleness of his touch, had her defenses crumbling. Everything was going to shit, and she hadn't the means to hold this world on her shoulders. She hadn't the resolve to keep herself from falling apart because she clearly couldn't keep Julian from doing the same. While Julian let himself feed off of his anger, Kira let herself give in to the sadness. To the feeling of failing her clan, of abandoning her very job as a watcher and protector, of knowing that no matter how hard she fought, the humans would keep coming until nothing was left for her to claim.

Finally, though she hadn't in what seemed like ages, she let it go. A sob escaped her lips, tears breaking through the ducts and raining down her cheeks, and her body folded in on itself, reduced to shivers as she rode out the waves. Before she knew it, she was crumbling, sobbing, leaning toward the warmth that Tyler emitted by her side, and collapsed against him. She couldn't be strong for anyone anymore, and for once, she wanted someone else to take over. Someone who would never think her weak to do so.
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:41 pm

Tyler looks at what she's doing, part of him knowing this would be hard but seeing her like this was enough to forget about himself. She saved him, he would save her back.

He put his arm around her and she leaned more into his chest, he stroked her arm up and down. Holding her as she cried, "This makes you strong too Kira, nothing is weak about this...you're allowed to have feelings like this. You need to have feelings like this."
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:43 pm

Kira let his words sink in. She wasn't ready to believe it yet, but the fact that he'd said any of it was enough for now. She needed it more than she needed anything.

"I'm tired, Tyler," she whispered, another sob breaking free as his arms enveloped her. "I'm so fucking tired."
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:46 pm

Tyler listened, "Then just relax here, you don't have to do anything. Party with Felix and I." He added with a smirk, looking at her but she was not smiling back yet.

"You are amazing Kira, this will only make you stronger..." He said.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:04 pm

Kira breathed in Tyler's familiar scent, her sniffles subsiding, and wiped at her eyes when his grip loosened the slightest bit. Now that she was all cried out, she wasn't sure of the protocol for such things. She never did this. It wasn't her. And yet it helped tremendously just to have someone understand. Someone to listen and to let her go on. To the others she was a fighter, yet to Tyler, she was almost human. She had her faults and he welcomed them. Of all she'd missed for the five years he'd been gone, that was what she'd missed most.

She sat up straight and wiped her hands on her worn jeans. She could only nod. She didn't feel amazing. She didn't feel like much at all.

"It's nearing sunrise," she murmured, standing up from her seat on the sofa and backing up a step. Tyler stood with her. Her every instinct was telling her to leave before things got to be too much, but she couldn't. Not until she said what she'd come to say.

Her eyes boring into his, she forced a smile. "I'm glad you're alive, Tyler," she said truthfully, hugging herself in the middle of the room. "I've never been more elated at having been proven wrong."

Before he could return her words with some of his own, she caught the smile on his lips and knew that for tonight, that was all the reaction she could take. She spun on her heel and left the room, the endless weight on her shoulders somewhat lessened for the moment. She had a feeling that tonight she'd actually get some sleep.
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:40 pm

Tyler watched her walk out and stood back, he leaned against the pool table. Felix made his way in and was setting up a game. Tyler looked at him, "You give a pretty impressive speech..."

Felix smirked and took first shot, "Not as impressive as you...,she's the reason you left, isn't it?"

Tyler looks at him, they both could hear water and assumed Julian was in the shower. Tyler just gives a nod, taking his shot next.

Felix looks at him,"She brings out that side of you..."

"What side?" as he takes another shot.

"Humanity."

Tyler looks at him, "Enough, just play..."
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:06 am

Kira slid into bed next to Julian, whose bare back was facing her, his shoulders rising and falling with each breath he took. At first she thought he was sleeping, but then he turned to her. She wondered if he'd choose now to speak, when it was just she and him and the silence surrounding them. But he said nothing. He gazed down at her and she didn't blink, just held his gaze. His fingertips rested upon her cheek, brushing her skin so tenderly that it nearly broke her for the second time that night. He cradled her face, feeling every curve and inch of her as if he feared he'd never see her again.

Then his lips were on hers. He kissed her roughly, desperately, and she relaxed beneath him, kissing him back with equal fervor. His hands went from her cheeks to her tank top, ripping it into shreds. Then he was palming her breast, trailing down her navel, working at the elastic band of her panties. Within seconds, she was bare beneath him, a submissive to his every silent command.

She groaned when he pushed into her, filling her until there was nothing between them, and clasped his lips around her ear. He gave it a tug with his teeth, pulling out and thrusting into her again, and again, and she accepted each brutal smack of his hips against her own with whimpers and shuddering intakes of breath. Over and over he battered her body, letting his fury loose in a moment that he could actually control, and she arched her back, letting him give her all he had. In moments, she came with a cry and he stilled above her, jerking into her in small movements, until he'd released himself inside her.

And then he rolled onto his back and pulled the covers back over his frame. She watched him, waiting for a word, for anything at all, but he gave her nothing. She wasn't sure that he could.

"You can't break, Julian," she whispered, keeping her gaze trained on his face as he stared up at the ceiling above them, mute. "I need you."

He turned his head to meet her stare, and she listened intently for whatever would come. But then he averted his gaze, slid across the bed and lay on his side once more, his front to her back. It was the boldest answer he could give without uttering a word.

Last edited by PuppyWithATutu on Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:18 am

The next night, Tyler was dressed and ready to go out. Meet a lady in town, whom he had plans with for awhile now. She was an opera singer, very sexy.

He was stepping outside, when he saw Kira sitting on the step. She looked to be out of it, he looks at his phone for the time but then back to her, "You want to come out with me?"

She looked up at him, finally standing and followed him to his car. He opened her side and got into his own. He drove off and drove into the city. He parked the car and they both got out, their seemed to be a festival.

The more you walked, the more artists you saw lined along the streets. Some performance artists, they would stop and watch, he obviously has ditched his date to be with Kira but doesn't bring that up. He watches the performer, amazed. Clapping for them.

He looks to Kira, who is still just staring. "I would suggest Eiffel Tower but you have probably seen it a million times?"
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:30 am

Kira glanced around her, and for once, she forgot about all else. It felt like another world in Paris. The art, the dancers, the singers, they all combined to create something of a wonder in the busy, crowded streets. She could barely count on one hand the number of times she'd stopped to take it all in. She'd been here many times, Tyler was correct, but it was always business. Once there had been a time when she and Julian would tour the world five times over, stopping to enjoy the small things, and then he'd become the leader of something larger than themselves. They'd taken younger vampires under their wing, and before they knew it, they were king and queen of their small clan. Over the centuries the clan only got larger and their plans for travel and true enjoyment dwindled. It was all but nonexistent now, with the humans and werewolves constantly on their tail.

Breathless, she pivoted until the Eiffel Tower was in sight. A smile crept across her lips. "I've seen it a thousand times over, but I've never climbed it," she whispered. "Never had the chance."
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:34 am

Tyler looks at her amazed, "Then please wait here a second, mademoiselle." He went away quickly and soon was back in moments.

They head to the stairs, looks to her "No tricks either, we are actually doing it."

They climbed the stairs with no speed, taking them awhile but finally get up top and they can look on to the city. Tyler takes out a bottle of wine and opens it, offers her the bottle "This deserves a toast..."
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:39 am

Kira laughed and grabbed onto the bottle. "You and Felix truly are kindred spirits," she said on a chuckle, and then she tipped the bottle back for a drink. She gazed out from the top of the tower, at the people moving beneath them like tiny dots, and breathed in the fresh air. It was exhilarating. Freeing.

She handed the bottle back to Tyler. "This is wonderful."
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:40 am

Tyler looks at her and all, taking a drink. "Felix is definitely something....,wish I had the accent." Taking another swig.

His cell phone rings, forcing him to look at it but he clicks ignore.
    PuppyWithATutu
    PuppyWithATutu

Post  PuppyWithATutu Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:44 am

Kira glanced down at the phone just as the screen went black. She looked up at Tyler and shifted her weight from one foot to the other. "Is there somewhere you need to be?" she asked. "I'm fine if there is. I'd like to sit here for a while."

Last edited by PuppyWithATutu on Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total
    Sharon Salvatore
    Sharon Salvatore

Post  Sharon Salvatore Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:47 am

Tyler looks at her, "It's not important..." he drinks some more and hands her it back, watching her take a sip.

"I am definitely glad I moved here. This is exactly what I pictured, moving to Europe in the first place. Anya was not one for exploring, Felix kind of...let me see that side of myself, to embrace what being a vampire means to me. What I can do with it. I would never have this opportunity as a human, never."

He looks at the city and all, it was so beautiful. As he admits all this to Kira.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:44 am